quotablebookquotes discussion

The Miserable Mill (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #4)
This topic is about The Miserable Mill
A Series of Unfortunate Events > The Miserable Mill: Chapters 1 - 6

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Colleen Earle (unphilosophize) Page 1 - 86

Colleen Earle (unphilosophize) After having done quite a bit of work in factories myself, I feel I can tell you a little about how horrible it really is. Although Mr. Snicket does a wonderful job at describing how terrible it is working with breaks that shortness linger on illegality and how tiring the work is, until you experience life on a bell similar to one you would have had in your grade school, surrounded by people who have many years on you who hate their job with more ferocity than you could imagine, you may have a hard time knowing how extremely terrible of a time the Baudelaire orphans are having at the Miserable Mill.

As I talked about in the overview with Trish, this was the first Series of Unfortunate Events book I ever read and I have long ago forgotten the plot. I have a sneaking suspicion that our lovely masked foreman is Olaf, but after Klaus' visit to the eye doctor I'm not so sure. His cruelty seems like Olaf, and the disguise is better than his last, but what happened at the doctors office, though yet a mystery, makes me even more worried about the fate of these poor children.

I do hope that everything works out in the second half of the book.