quotablebookquotes discussion

The Miserable Mill (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #4)
This topic is about The Miserable Mill
A Series of Unfortunate Events > The Miserable Mill: An Overview

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen, Head of the Secret Police (last edited Jun 09, 2013 01:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Colleen Earle (unphilosophize) | 261 comments Mod
General thoughts?

message 2: by Trish, IT (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trish (the-bookshelf-at-the-end) | 112 comments Mod
Kind of excited for this! I remember rereading every book over again everytime a new one came out... For some reason I used to own them all but never read #12 and #13. With this series in the book club I'll actually have some closure to my childhood :) I was pretty obsessed with Lemony Snicket and his style, so he was a major inspiration for me to write. I recall The Miserable Mill wasn't a favourite but it wasn't my least favourite. I can't wait!

message 3: by Colleen, Head of the Secret Police (new) - rated it 4 stars

ahhh! YES! I'm so excited now! I've really been enjoying rereading the series!

Funny enough, I read The Miserable Mill first (because I was too cool for going in numerical order when I was 8). But, Lemony Snicket is the best!

message 4: by Trish, IT (new) - rated it 4 stars

My mom told me whenever I first started that I would be fine reading them out of order but after reading I think the 4th or 5th after the 1st, I couldn't take it and got my school librarian to bend the 1fiction book, 1 nonfiction book rule for me and check out all 5 books... Hahahaha I also think his anonymonity (or at least using a pen name) made reading his works more fun!

message 5: by Colleen, Head of the Secret Police (new) - rated it 4 stars

Definitely!

I do agree, you can read the series out of order, but it's much more enjoyable to read it 1 - 13 with no deviation from the numerical order.

His pen name is awesome! I particularly enjoyed "The Unauthorized Autobiography". :D

message 6: by Trish, IT (new) - rated it 4 stars

Whenever the unauthorized autobiography came out, I made sure I was the first person to check it out and read it over and over :D *sigh* Nostalgia at its finest...

message 7: by Colleen, Head of the Secret Police (new) - rated it 4 stars

You're a gem. I'm really excited to actually read things with you.

message 8: by Trish, IT (new) - rated it 4 stars

Waahhh thank you I'm super excited too!