1x1's ˆ.ˆ discussion

1x1's > Nat and Chicken

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments Here 'tis~

So! Since you haven't written in quite some time, is there something specific you've been in the mood for?

Or is it the complete opposite and you have no idea where to start? x]

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments Yay! ;D

Um... more like the latter, hehe. But I've always wanted to try a historical roleplay, but nobody ever seems up for it. Do you have any ideas?

Oh, and also, I'm best at first person, present tense, but some people find it weird to write like that, so whatever you want really :')

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments Woot!

I'd be very willing to try a historical roleplay with you! Only I'd need to brush up on my history...because I'm not very good at it. T.T

What kind of history interests you?

I've never tried it so I can't say it's weird or not; I'm willing to try. x]

message 4: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments Haa, no worries! I'm always mortified that when I ask for a historical roleplay, the person I'm asking will turn out to be a history geek who knows absolutely everything about the era I pick. I don't know that much myself to be honest, but what I love about them is that the relationships are so different to present day. It's all so... elegant :3

My favourites would probably be Victorian England or America in prohibition. But I'm up for anything - although, admittedly, I prefer modern history, so I'd probably pick a 1950s roleplay over, say, a medieval one.

That's the spirit! Where are you from, by the way? :)

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments Ooh! I love the 1950s!
Don't worry...I'm no geek. xD I just like the little I've read about it. Although when it comes to plots...I truly have nothing other than rich and poor differences...because I'm fairly certain it wasn't exactly...preferred that the two seemingly societies mingle.
Unless I'm wrong. ^^

I originate from the UK but currently live in Canada. x]
You?

message 6: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments I barely know anything about the 50s, if I'm honest, but I can try :)
I'm not sure about the rich/poor thing though. I like the idea of maybe a bad girl/police officer romance, but, other than that (which I thought of like 10 seconds ago), I don't have many ideas... Sorry :'(

That's cool! I live in Northern England, hehe :)

message 7: by The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (last edited Jun 09, 2013 10:02AM) (new)

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments That sounds good to me. x] 1950s bad girl/officer romance sounds...interesting, aha. xD

So, who would you like to play?

Aah, I'm from the South. ^^

message 8: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments I prefer doubles, actually, unless you have a problem with that? It's just to keep the sexes equal, really.

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments Doubles is good with me - most prefer singles so I assumed, my apologies.

I must warn you, though, I'm not as experienced when it comes to roleplaying girls. >.>

As for another idea, hm. There are family feuds that could take place, perchance a sailor/navy and a hometown girl..or...I dunno.

message 10: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments Really? I guess I can understand that. I do doubles mostly because most people ask for the girl in singles, and I end up with a million guys and, like, zero girls. I'm all about equality ;)

That's okay! Usually it's the other way around. I might be similar to you in that I find it sooo much easier to write a guy. I'm always conscious of my girls being too whiny/needy/clingy, haha.

Both of those ideas sound great! I kinda want to be the officer (if that's okay; I'm happy to be the "bad girl" though if you want to take him), so it's on you which you'd prefer to be the guy in.

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments Aah...I suppose I should do that as well, aha. I've been roleplaying for quite a few years and, well...I feel as if it's much easier to get along with a person if you allow them to be whatever they want to be. So I've learned not to put up a fuss about most things..I've dealt with a few people and it's better to just put up with it, I find, aha.
A million guys and zero girls? I know the feeling. ;p Although it's getting better, now, lol.

I feel as if the writer is judgning me when I write for a girl, as if I'm inclined to make more happen to her compared to if I were to write a boy's point view...the other roleplayer would simply smile and nod.

That's my impression in general..not saying it's always like this, haha.

I'll be happy to play the bad girl, as previously stated, I'm not really picky. x] Should we entice with the family feud? Find some way to link all four characters together? Or would you rather play out the sailor and the girl? I'm fine either way~

message 12: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments I've been lucky in that I either honestly don't care which characters or get, or, on the occasion that I really want a certain one, the other person doesn't want them. I've never really had any kind of fight regarding ideas/characters/etc. (although, don't get me wrong, I've seen them happen on more than one occasion on here o.o)

I understand that completely. I always think that the person reading it prefers reading the guy than the girl, so I, like, try really hard to make the girl interesting. But yeah. It's fine, haha.

By family feud, do you mean like Romeo and Juliet? Or... not as extreme? Oooooh, maybe they're friends first (because that's always cute when they like each other but daren't say it), and then something happens. Like, maybe a business deal goes wrong between their dads, or one of their mums gets caught cheating with the other's dad, and their families stop them seeing each other? It's more dramatic if they knew each other before, I think.

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments At some points, I become the kind of impolite person I am and just...yeah...but when I do get mad it usually turns out for the best because I end up liking the roleplay anyway. xD

Well, just so you know...I'll be interested in reading what you have to say for both genders, haha.

Friends is good with me...that's cutesy and whatnot. Perhaps they're close friends? Oooh, the whole mum scandal sounds so..catty. Maybe that's why the really good business deal goes wrong? Because of the scandal between the mum and dad of the other families and...yeah. And maybe..to ensure that the two don't see each other..his mum or dad tries to send the guy out on a ship, making him join the navy and stuff? And then he leaves for months at a time and when he does come back, the first thing he does after having been picked up by his mum is go to her house and throw rocks at her window, still in his sailor uniform and he can be holding his hat to his chest and-
Okay...I get visual sometimes. >.<
Or we can keep it at home. ^^

We Romeo and Juliet the shit out of it.
^Pardon my french.

Also, for the cop/bad girl one, how would that one work out in such way that they keep interacting? Her parents are super rich so they get her out of most of her troubles but..should we have, like, nights where she's in a cell and he's the night guard and she just keeps talking to him and whatnot and then obviously she'll do bad stuff and...I dunno. ;o

message 14: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments Hahaha, that idea sounds really cute :')
I'm good with all of that. Except I just have one question... what are we going to do in the months that he's away? Particularly if we're linking the four of them together. We can't really just skip months at a time. Speaking of linking together, I think the easiest way to do that is siblings. The girls, probably. Or neighbours, perhaps.

Haha, sounds good! I haven't done a roleplay like this before, so it should be interesting.

Hmmm... yes, that could happen a few times. Or perhaps he's the one who always seems to question her if she gets arrested. If it's the same thing over and over though, that could get very boring/repetitive very fast. So maybe he lives next door/down the street, and knows her parents really well (not that he's super old or anything; I'm picturing her being late teens and him being early twenties) and watches out for her every now and then. I pictured us starting where maybe he's on his driveway fixing his car or whatever, and she's doing something... bad (it really depends where you want to go with that - if theft is an option, he could see her climbing out of someone's window or something) and is all "you know that I could arrest you right now, right?" and then this cat and mouse game starts between them.

Also, you should know that I have 4 exams in the next 3 days, hahahahahahahahaha. If I don't laugh, I'll cry. Sooooooo I'm not really sure what my activity will be like. Just a warning.

message 15: by The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (last edited Jun 10, 2013 02:19PM) (new)

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments Good question. Hmm, maybe he could just...be training? Or maybe she secretly grabs a job as a maid or something on the ship and the two girls could be neighbours and while the girl is away on ship with her sailor of a best friend/lover, she goes and steals from the girl's house? And then my guy could live next to your girl's house which would be next to my girl's house which would be next to your guy's house. XD
A whole neighbourhood!

Aha...that, or we take away the whole sailor thing and put him as a baker or something. ^^

Good luck on your exams!!! 8D
I'm sure you'll do really great! Take your time in replying!

message 16: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments I like the idea of him just training for now. That way, if we want to send him away we can do that :)

So four houses in a row, right? With the girls in the middle? That's pretty sweet, hehe.

Ahhh, they've been horrible so far! Biology wasn't too bad, but chemistry was really tough, and then there's been outrage up and down the country about the maths exam yesterday. But only 1 more to go now!

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments Sounds goodah!

Yeppers! I don't know why I didn't just explain it like that, haha

Aah, I'm sure you're just being tough on yourself - I'm positive you did really well! Yes! One more to go and then you're home free! 8D

message 18: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments WHERE DID MY POST GO!? D:

message 19: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments Sorry, that was cryptic ^^
Haha, what I meant is that I replied yesterday... but it's not there :(
It was something along the lines of me hoping that I've done well but I won't find out til August anyway, aaand... then I think I mentioned characters?

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments I was sleeping..four hours ago. xD
And dreaming of messed up things, I tell you

I'm sure you did well! 8D And August?!?!? Whut?!?! The anticipation is going to kill you...maybe? You think? Because I wouldn't know if you mentioned it or not.

But whether you did or didn't, I think it's still important to talk about them, haha. Okay! So...what age were you thinking for the two friends? Since we already go the cop and bad girl.

message 21: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments A-level results day is 15th August :') I have to wait until then. But yes. I definitely mentioned characters. I just don't remember what I said.

Uhhhh, I'm not sure. I prefer older characters - as in, uni age. But then it might be weird for them to be under the thumb of their parents, you know? So I guess anything above seventeen is okay with me :)

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments Aha, well hang in there until then!

So...I can make my guy 27?
It's above seventeen xD
I keed..he's probably going to be 19 or so.

message 23: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments If you really, really wanted to, and there was absolutely no way that I could possibly change your mind because you wanted 27 and absolutely NO OTHER AGE AT ALL, then I could probably learn to love it. But otherwise, no.
Hehe ;)
Okay, AWESOME. I'm kind of bored out of my mind right now. BUT WHATEVER ANYWAY. Ummmmm. So should we, like, make them now? I probably won't be able to get on it properly until Tuesday, unless I use a pre-made character - how much detail do you go into?

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments LOL, don't worry, I won't make my guy 27 and still living with his parents, psh. xD Not in the 1950s anyway.
I have exams starting Monday so I dunno when I'll get my characters up, sadly.
I try to use the least detail I can, because, well...I'm not used to making characters but lately, I've been creating long ass characters for group roleplays because I'm a followed that way. So if you want long characters, then I'll make long ones as well - just takes more time (obviously).
x]
Whew. Rant over.

message 25: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments Okay, phew ;)
Ahh, don't worry! It takes the pressure off of me anyway if you're in no hurry to do yours.
I usually make long characters, but it can be hard to think of things at times. Honestly, I'm completely happy to go into as much detail as you want - provided it's not just name, age and appearance. I'd like a little bit to work from, but I'm happy to keep it short, or bullet point, or whatever.

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments I'm patient when it comes to roleplay, haha.
I just stink with the History, mostly. 8/
Okay, well, I might do a full on personality but do the History in bullet form, like, just the highlights of his and her life as of now, and yeah.
Does that sound good? x]

message 27: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments That sounds fabulous. ^^
I'll get to it... whenever...
I'm supposed to be doing maths now. But I'm not. So I really should. But would it bother you if the pictures didn't look like they're from the 50s? Because that's going to be sooo hard to find.

Also, do you know anything about sexual attitudes in the 50s? That might seem like a really odd question, but it would help with writing my characters, and also what would happen with the plot. Like, were people expected to wait until marriage?

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments Awesome!
Same here~
Go do your maths! Now! And you can use pictures from the 3000 if you want! If they were to exist, lol. I don't mind where the pictures come from. xP.

O.O Hum...well, I know that it was expected to wait until marriage, for sure. As fro sexual attitudes, well...it was the whole old school thing. Girls didn't ask guys out on dates, it was considered highly disrespectful. Women did the cleaning/cooking and all that jazz, they were expected to always look nice and dress nice as for men well I found this roleplay that has a lot of the attitude....lemme go find the link and I'll post it!

message 30: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments Bloody hell, that's long. I'll read it later.

Haha, thanks though~
You're an absolute babe.

message 32: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments I ended up reading it ;D
Where do you think we should start?

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments Aha, woot!
Hm...well, for the thief and cop, we could start it off, like you said, where she's caught sneaking out of a house and he's repairing his car and such and the cat and mouse thing.

And thennn for the other two...

Well, have they been separated yet?

message 34: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments Is thieving the only thing she does?

Hm, I think they should be. Recently, though. Maybe, like, the day after it all went down, one of the families went to stay with relatives to sort their shit out (i.e. the parents argued and argued and argued and got it out of their system), and it's now a week later and they just came back. If it's the girl, then when she comes home he could tell her about the sailor thing.

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments Hm...well...she won't be some psycho murdered...
But maybe she'll be hung on drugs (not full on, but...enough so that her parents don't find out) and then...what else could she do?? The only thing I've done is high school bad xD Not real life bad.

Ooh, I like that idea. Okay, so, the girl's family goes away for a week or so, in the mean time, his parents enrolled him in military training for the navy kind of thing and so when she comes back, they find a way to see each other (maybe they have some sort of secret hideout) and then he tells her and we take it from there?

message 36: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments I was thinking something more promiscuous (not that you'd necessarily have to write the details), but if that's not your thing, don't worry about it.

Yep, sounds good :)
It should be his mum who cheated, then. That way it would be his dad who's super angry and forces him to do it.

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments T.T I wasn't sure if you were comfortable with that..so I kind of just didn't say it. >.>
But I was thinking that! 8D
Yes. A...promiscuous thief.
PT. xD

Alright, details have been figured out. Time to kind of slowly begin making characters, haha.

message 38: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments Hahaha, don't worry about that sort of thing. I'm cool with most things - plus, it means that the dialogue between them can be more teasing and sexy, which would no doubt be in contrast to the friends. If they were all goody-goody, it might get kinda boring.

Yesss. Let the non-character-making commence!

OH. ONE MORE THING. Would the officer know about her... activities?

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments I shall keep that in mind! 8D
Agreed, very much agreed~

*cue music*

I think it'd be more like...it's not actually been proven and stuff but it's more of an unspoken fact...if ya know what I mean?
Am I making sense?

message 40: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments Yeah, that does make sense. I like that idea! :)
Yay, I think everything's sorted now!

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments Everything is sorted out!
But I have to go and by the time I'm back, you'll be asleep, most likely >.<
So good night ahead of time!

message 42: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments Yeah, I probably was asleep. I went to bed at around half eleven - God I'm such a party animal. I CAN'T BLOODY WAIT UNTIL TUESDAY IS OVER AND I CAN GO OUT.

The Chicken [ ιnѕpιraтιon ғor dυммιeѕ ] (wayuphigh) | 718 comments Bahahah yes you are xD
ONLY 48MORE HOURS!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT!

message 44: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments Yaaay! :D
I'm not properly going until Saturday night though (obviously), but it's worth the wait ;)

message 45: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments Just to let you know, I've started my characters. Character making can be so boring at times, though. How many paragraphs were you thinking?

message 46: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 537 comments Okay, he's done :')
I decided to just lump the history and personality together; I hope that's okay!

Name: Corvin Gerard Stokes

Nicknames: Cor, Vinnie, Stokes

Appearance:
description
(view spoiler)
Corvin, standing at six foot two, is a pretty intimidating guy, what with his defined frame and overall chiselled features. It really is no wonder as to why he is so good at his job. His limbs are lanky and long, allowing for speed and agility, but the grace and ease of which he moves is directly contradicted by his rumpled, dishevelled, just-rolled-out-of-bed appearance, evident by the smattering of stubble along his jawline and mussed presentation of his mousy brown hair. His eyes are a nondescript brown, a feature which fails to stand out when compared to his bow-shaped lips or rakish nose and jaw – however, what is particularly special about them is the feeling that they show (or don’t show, as is the case in his job). It can take one second for his eyes to change from warm chocolate to cold mud, a feature which often reflects his mood. He has large hands with long, nimble fingers, a quirk which makes him naturally gifted on the piano. Despite Corvin’s confident demeanour, he is self-conscious about his ears, and how they stick out perhaps just a tad more than he would like.

Personality/History: Having grown up in what can only be described as the city centre, Corvin is no stranger to the shadier side of society, nor does he shy away from the truth, however harsh it may be. When informed that he is an only child, one may tend to assume that he was showered with affection from both sides of the family – unfortunately, this could not be further from the truth. Corvin’s father is a raging alcoholic – always has been, and probably always will be. Corvin was very much left to his own devices as a child, opting to sit alone on his bedroom floor and play with his cowboy figurines, as opposed to sit downstairs in the midst of the latest argument between his mother and father, whether it be related to drink, finance, or, hell, who left the cap off of the toothpaste. It didn’t take his mother long to leave. Frankly, Corvin never blamed her, since, quite frankly, he couldn’t wait to leave, either.

All he ever wanted was to get out from under his father’s thumb, to be his own person. Years of dreaming and focus and being told that what he wanted was stupid only fuelled his determination – as such, a word to describe Corvin is ambitious. He can never settle for what he has, which can be both a strength and a weakness; he strives to achieve better, to achieve more, but it can also be argued that he is never truly satisfied. This can be evidenced by the continual rumoured sightings of a tall, willowy woman who has been seen leaving his house in the early hours of the morning on multiple occasions.

Naturally, he does not speak of this. In fact, Corvin consistently strives to maintain his gentlemanly persona, for the sake of both his job and his relationships. In fact, he can often be found holding doors open for the opposite sex, and, on occasion, growing slightly uncomfortable when a topic becomes a little too near the knuckle for his tastes. His personality, to a stranger, can often come across as being slightly wooden or bland. Upon closer inspection, however, it can be concluded that this is not the real Corvin; yes, he is respectful, and yes, he does know his boundaries, but, contrary to popular belief, he is not simply a cardboard, one-dimensional cut-out of a gentleman. This assumption does aid him in both his reputation and neighbourly popularity, but there really is much more to him than that.

When Corvin does decide to trust someone and open up, his passionate, fiery, and – at times – hot-headedness is in great contrast to his usual calm, practiced detachedness. The change can, in fact, occasionally be so fast that it gives people whiplash. If ever in an argument, he probably won't back down, and is more likely to storm out of the room than apologise. Thankfully, his grudges don't last for very long, and he'll be back to normal in no time. He is stubborn, and has never been known to give in or give up - this extends to most things, whether it is questioning a suspect, or simply playing a game of tennis with his friends. He just cannot lose - and so, when he does, it's a sight for sore eyes. On the positive side of this, however, it means that he is always optimistic regarding situations, and will try his damn well hardest to get something done.

Of course, despite his somewhat hard exterior, Corvin is most definitely not above laughter and joking around – in fact, he has a pretty good sense of humour, and rather enjoys teasing and making jokes at another’s expense. He can take criticism well, resulting in a thick skin, and is not offended easily; he can take a joke and even accept his own flaws for the sake of one. Although he does not talk much about his personal life and his past, he is an excellent listener, and often presses one for details regarding their own background – the downside of this, however, is that he seldom reciprocates this; people could talk to him every single day for a month and still know very little about Corvin. He is evasive, tactical, and builds walls around himself so as not to let people in. It takes a lot for him to trust, but, once he does, then he is all in.

Other: He has an acute fear of heights, so much so that he refuses to even climb a few steps up a ladder. He is very embarrassed by this, and does not tell anybody; the only people who know are those who have witnessed his mental breakdowns first hand.

He has also never been in love, and has never even been close. Most of his relationships with the opposite sex are entirely superficial, perhaps stemming from his lack of relationship with his mother – he has yet to open himself up to a woman; one of his deepest fears is spilling everything and then being rejected, and so he has opted to instead close himself off.