I love Alpha Male books club discussion

1283 views
All about our books > Need a book to read, Possesive, Alpha, Jealous, Swoon worthy.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 112 (112 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Clay (sarahclay) | 19 comments Ok so I am ALL about Alpha Males, swoon worthy, jealous & possessive.

But. and this is a small but.. I am at a point that every book I read that contains my fav type of man is more erotica then anything and its mainly like 80% of the book is just a repeated sex scene.

I like me some good sex scenes but I want a story too...

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE SUGGEST A GOOD BOOK????

I appreciate any suggestions, mind you when I go to Listopia and look at lists that have possesive, alpha males I've read like most of the top books.

I haven't read The Blackstone Affair or In Flight (Up in Air) because the summary makes me seem like its an erotica.

xx


message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andrealampas) | 4 comments Blackstone Affair and In Flight series can be erotica but there is a story on it not just sex only. You might want to try them. :)


message 3: by Irene (new)

Irene Afterlife series by Stephanie Hudson, Crave the Drave.Draven super hot and very Alpha. Great story as well.


message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Clay (sarahclay) | 19 comments Donna wrote: "Jodi Ellen malpas ... This man trilogy !!! Third book is out on 2nd July if you have not read these books I highly recommend :-)"

i read the first one in this series, but im not to sure how i feel about it..


message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Clay (sarahclay) | 19 comments Andrea wrote: "Blackstone Affair and In Flight series can be erotica but there is a story on it not just sex only. You might want to try them. :)"


how much erotica is it, is it like full on?


message 6: by V (new)

V (vickyvee) | 21 comments Sarah wrote: "Donna wrote: "Jodi Ellen malpas ... This man trilogy !!! Third book is out on 2nd July if you have not read these books I highly recommend :-)"

i read the first one in this series, but im not to s..."


I know what you mean....i loved this book and then the ending had me wondering......i read the second book though and was not dissappointed. Jesse is super jealous and possessive, but there are more comedy moments (just little conversations between Jesse and Ava make me laugh so much. Ive read a short exerpt from book 3 and it sounds just as funny. Cant wait....you should read book 2, its even better than book 1!!


message 7: by V (new)

V (vickyvee) | 21 comments In Flight series is also great! Yes, there are lots of erotic scenes (BDSM) but as other have said... there is a story to it as well that you can enjoy.


message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Clay (sarahclay) | 19 comments V wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Donna wrote: "Jodi Ellen malpas ... This man trilogy !!! Third book is out on 2nd July if you have not read these books I highly recommend :-)"

i read the first one in this series, b..."


I will give it a shot then, :) thanks!


message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Clay (sarahclay) | 19 comments V wrote: "In Flight series is also great! Yes, there are lots of erotic scenes (BDSM) but as other have said... there is a story to it as well that you can enjoy."

yeah Its in my to read but I just cant make my mind up. thanks though I might give it a shot.


message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andrealampas) | 4 comments Sarah wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Blackstone Affair and In Flight series can be erotica but there is a story on it not just sex only. You might want to try them. :)"


how much erotica is it, is it like full on?"


full on you mean every page is all about sex? ahm, not really just enough to satisfy your need for a good plot and some steamy and sexiness on it. In Flight series have mild BDSM but tolerable.


message 11: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 165 comments Sarah wrote: "Ok so I am ALL about Alpha Males, swoon worthy, jealous & possessive.

But. and this is a small but.. I am at a point that every book I read that contains my fav type of man is more erotica then ..."


Sarah. Try the dream man series by Kristen Ashley..In order :

Mystery Man

Wild Man

Law Man

Motorcycle Man

I don't think anyone writes alpha male like Kristen Ashley.


message 12: by Indy (last edited Jun 09, 2013 02:42PM) (new)

Indy | 61 comments Here are some great ones: The Agreement by S.E. Lund , On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young , Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1) by J. Kenner The Proposition (The Plus One Chronicles, #1) by Jennifer Lyon , Real (Real, Raw & Ripped, #1) by Katy Evans , Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) by Kristen Ashley - these are all must reads in my eyes!


message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Clay (sarahclay) | 19 comments Ruth wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Ok so I am ALL about Alpha Males, swoon worthy, jealous & possessive.

But. and this is a small but.. I am at a point that every book I read that contains my fav type of man is more..."



Thanks Ruth, I have a long standing love affair of KA I have read just all of her books just about. but thanks! and I agree you cant go wrong with some KA.


message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Clay (sarahclay) | 19 comments Indy wrote: "Here are some great ones: The Agreement by S.E. Lund, On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young, Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1) by J. KennerThe Proposition (The Plus One Chronicles, #1) by Jennifer Lyon, Real (Real, Raw & Ripped, #1) by Katy Evans,[..."

I have read [bookcover:On Dublin Street|15760001] Real (Real, Raw & Ripped, #1) by Katy Evans Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) by Kristen Ashley

I sampled The Proposition (The Plus One Chronicles, #1) by Jennifer Lyon but wasnt sure about it, it seems like a very short read. but I might give it a shot.

I havent heard of the agreement, ill give it a look see!

THANK YOU SO MUCH xx


message 15: by Sarah (last edited Jun 09, 2013 05:59PM) (new)

Sarah Clay (sarahclay) | 19 comments Indy wrote: "Here are some great ones: , The Agreement by S.E. LundOn Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young, Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1) by J. KennerThe Proposition (The Plus One Chronicles, #1) by Jennifer Lyon, Real (Real, Raw & Ripped, #1) by Katy Evans,[..."


Indy is [bookcover:The Agreement|17699906]

all about BDSM and sex scenes, from reading the info it seems like it?
Is the male lead an alpha? not just in the dom/sub sense?

thanks x


message 16: by Tara (new)

Tara OG | 110 comments The ma in the agreement is not Alpha he's whiney lol..


message 17: by Tara (new)


message 18: by Tara (new)

Tara OG | 110 comments Donna you know I'm posting my best 2013 book just for you know... Breach (Breach, #1) by K.I. Lynn


message 19: by Malinda (new)

Malinda (malindad) | 844 comments Pretty much any book by Kristen Ashley has possessive alpha males! Two of my faves from KA are Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4) by Kristen Ashley & Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2) by Kristen Ashley :D

Some other books with Possessive alpha males Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1) by Shay Savage More than Meets the Ink (Bowen, #1) by Elle Aycart From Rags by Suzanne Wright Skin Deep (Skin Deep, #1) by J.M. Stone Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1) by Joanna Wylde Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings, #3) by Cherrie Lynn More Than Words by Karla Doyle Where Danger Hides by Desiree Holt

Also, are you in to Menage or PNR?


message 20: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 25 comments Tara wrote: "Donna you know I'm posting my best 2013 book just for you know...Breach (Breach, #1) by K.I. Lynn"

Ah this book was fantastic! There was so much sex and dirty talk but at the same time so much emotion and story. I can't wait for the next one to come out.


message 21: by Irene (new)

Irene I've got it on my to read list Is It that good?


message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori owen (lori99) | 9 comments A few of my favourite alpha male books. The more possessive the better
real,lexi baby,beautiful & walking disaster,beautifully damaged,fighting the flight,this man series,Blackstone affair series,stark trilogy,crossfire series
Lori xx


message 23: by Irene (new)

Irene Donna I totally agree, Jesse Is my all time fave Alpha man. You sold me on that other book by the way.


message 24: by Katerina (new)

Katerina Donna wrote: "I'm reading Mystery Man by KA and Hawk is all of the above ;)
But I've said this many many times my personal fav this year that hits all the spots for me in EVERY way is Mr. Jesse. Ward. Lord of th..."

I agree in regard to Jesse Ward. Such a pity he is just fiction!sigh


message 25: by Irene (new)

Irene Donna I think I'll leave it a while then, I hate being left on cliff hangers and the next book isn't out for ages .


message 26: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 165 comments Donna wrote: "I'm reading Mystery Man by KA and Hawk is all of the above ;)
But I've said this many many times my personal fav this year that hits all the spots for me in EVERY way is Mr. Jesse. Ward. Lord of th..."


I loved MYSTERY MAN. Great book...


message 27: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 165 comments And good news Donna! The series get better and better. :)


message 28: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 25 comments Donna wrote: "@Ruth yes KA is now going on my radar most certainly !!!
Never read her books before , not regretting it that's for sure :)"


Wait till you get to Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4) by Kristen Ashley . Tack is all kinds of swoon worthy :D


message 29: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 165 comments Lol. He sure is Caitlin !!


message 30: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 25 comments Ruth wrote: "Lol. He sure is Caitlin !!"

Have you read Own the Wind (Chaos, #1) by Kristen Ashley ? I loved Shy and we got to see more Tack and Tyra.


message 31: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 165 comments I haven't read the new Chaos novels yet. I was thinking about going back and finishing the Colorado series. I got interrupted with that since ENTWINED WITH YOU came out.


message 32: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 25 comments Ruth wrote: "I haven't read the new Chaos novels yet. I was thinking about going back and finishing the Colorado series. I got interrupted with that since ENTWINED WITH YOU came out."

Haha Gideon Cross is so worth it though. After reading all these KA books, I'm seriously debating moving to Colorado. There must be some truth in all these hot, badass men running around! lol


message 33: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 165 comments Lol..yes Gideon was worth it. And yes, I've mentioned to hubby that we should move to Colorado too!!!


message 34: by Katerina (new)

Katerina Donna wrote: "@Katerina .... I know but maybe that's for the best , I think there would be all out war for that man if he was real ! Lol"
I don´t think so Donna. A great majority of the girls here on goodreads are pondering over moving to Colorado, so we could sneak to the Manor without attracting attention...


message 35: by Vee (new)

Vee Paige | 256 comments Kristen Ashley for sure. But you can try my book. Fire and Ice (Guardians, #1) by Victoria Paige . ;)


message 36: by Stupidlamb71 (new)

Stupidlamb71 | 12 comments Ella fox... Broken Hart (The Hart Family)


message 37: by Dyndyn (new)

Dyndyn | 31 comments No one can beat Kristen Ashley! But I have a soft spot for Jesse Ward, too! <3


message 38: by Nichole (new)

Nichole (Benzchicknik) | 2 comments The Blackstone Affair has a really good storyline, I also like the This Man Trilogy, but I was pleasantly surprised by Love Unscripted and Love Unrehearsed by Tina Reber. Ryan is swoon worthy and the story is REALLY good!! I have read them a couple of times now...just can't put them down!


message 39: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 165 comments Nichole wrote: "The Blackstone Affair has a really good storyline, I also like the This Man Trilogy, but I was pleasantly surprised by Love Unscripted and Love Unrehearsed by Tina Reber. Ryan is swoon worthy and t..."

Nichole, I loved the love unscripted/unrehearsed series. Those were sooo good...


message 40: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catemc) | 6 comments Lynda Chance, Lisa Marie Rice- both write wonderful, sexy stories with hot alpha male hero's. Just wish they'd write faster!


message 41: by Dana (new)

Dana | -11 comments I really liked all of Lisa Marie Rice's books. Very alpha!!


message 42: by P.A. (new)

P.A. Lupton (palupton) | 15 comments Sarah wrote: "Ok so I am ALL about Alpha Males, swoon worthy, jealous & possessive.

But. and this is a small but.. I am at a point that every book I read that contains my fav type of man is more erotica then ..."


You're right that a lot of the books like you describe are really erotic. You should try Kristen Ashley. There is sex, but it's definitely not erotic. Her mystery man series is amazing. Super hot, Alpha Heroes.


message 43: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 165 comments Totally agree . Can't go wrong with Kristen Ashley. Major alpha males


message 44: by Dicina (new)

Dicina | 36 comments Victoria wrote: "I have recently discovered Tessa Bailey. Protecting What's His, His Risk to TakeOfficer Off Limits

This author focuses more on the dirty talk, which is fabulous! I mean, these men really know ho..."


I really liked the first one of this series but I am nervous about reading the next ones as the reviews I read all seemed to say they were less good and somewhat disappointing compared to the first one?


message 45: by Vee (new)

Vee Paige | 256 comments tessa bailey is an auto-buy for me. #3 was my favorite followed by #1. #2 was OK.


message 46: by Vee (new)

Vee Paige | 256 comments Victoria wrote: "Dicina wrote: "Victoria wrote: "I have recently discovered Tessa Bailey. Protecting What's His, His Risk to TakeOfficer Off Limits

This author focuses more on the dirty talk, which is fabulous! ..."


I love the sexual tension too!


message 47: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Bland | 19 comments "Fixed on You" comes out June 24th. It is an EXCELLENT book. I HIGHLY recommend


message 48: by Glenda (new)

Glenda Torres (goodreadscomtaina74) | 43 comments Ruth wrote: "Totally agree . Can't go wrong with Kristen Ashley. Major alpha males"

I SECOND, THIRD & FOURTH AGREE...


message 49: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Clay (sarahclay) | 19 comments Thanks all, Ive already read majority of Kristen Ashley Books. Ive also read most of Tessa Baileys too.


message 50: by Glenda (new)

Glenda Torres (goodreadscomtaina74) | 43 comments Sarah wrote: "Thanks all, Ive already read majority of Kristen Ashley Books. Ive also read most of Tessa Baileys too."

What's your opinion on Tessa Bailey's, i bought those for my sister and im curious about those. I did read what some of the ladies thought about them..what are your thoughts?


« previous 1 3
back to top