Middle Earth discussion

Neutral Charries > Dragons

Comments Showing 1-50 of 124 (124 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Dragons
All of Tolkien's dragons share a love of treasure (especially gold), subtle intelligence, immense cunning, great physical strength, and a hypnotic power called "dragon-spell". They are extremely powerful and dangerous, though they mature very slowly. Because of this, Melkor's first attempts to use them against his enemies fail, as they are not yet powerful enough to be useful in battle. Despite their evil beginnings, they are not purely destructive by nature, as can be seen by Smaug, who wants to be left in peace, though he did force out the dwarves in the Lonely Mountain.
Dragon-fire (even that of Ancalagon the Black) is described as not being hot enough to melt the One Ring; however, four of the Dwarven Rings are consumed by Dragon-fire.

[<.b>First Name:<./b>]

[<.b>Last Name:<./b>]
{<.i>Titles<./i>}

[<.b>Age:<./b>]

[<.b>Gender:<./b>]

[<.b>Personality:<./b>] Please Make it at least 5 sentences.

[<.b>Physical Appearance:<./b>]
< IMG SRC= picture link / >

Scales:
Eyes:
Weight:
Height:
Distinguished Markings (If any):

[<.b>Backstory:<./b>] Please make it at least 8 sentences

[<.b>Sexuality:<./b>]

[<.b>Relationship Status:<./b>]

[<.b>Other:<./b>]

message 2: by Holt (new)

Holt (tnkphk) First Name: Zarnak
Last Name: Rolfer
Titles}: Zarnak the Avenger, the Slayer, The Darkness

Personality: Zarnak is a ferocious dragon. A dark dragon to be exact. He is also very mysterious. Overall, he is deadly and a really bad enemy. He can be tamed with a kind and gentle heart.

Physical Appearance:

Scales: Black
Eyes: Green
Weight: 400 tons
Height: 50 Metres
Distinguished Markings (If any): A jagged scar going over his eye

Backstory: He used to be a good natured beast. Until one day, Sauron slayed his family and corrupted his soul. He turned from a creature who would save anyone into a monster. A killing machine. He would rampage around and start to kill at random. He was greedy when he saw a huge amount of gold in a village he had terrorised. He swore to guard his treasure. Like all dragons, he has a passion for gold, and would kill whoever touched his property.

Sexuality: Straight I guess..

Relationship Status: Single, and NOT looking

Other:
There has been a prophecy that only one of pure heart and gentle soul can tame the wild beast and release him from the spell. Who might it be??

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

GREAT!! APPROVED!!

message 4: by Holt (new)

Holt (tnkphk) So.. I just send him in casually?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

yup

message 6: by Holt (new)

Holt (tnkphk) I did.. in a forest.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

ok

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 23, 2013 06:05AM) (new)

[First Name:]
Isbeil
[Last Name:]
Anguis
{Titles-} The Sleeper, Of the Mountains, King thief.

[Age:]
[Gender:]
Female
[Personality:]
Isbeil doesn’t follow ‘normal’ patterns of dragons. She likes gold, yes, but does not obsess over it. She prefers to sometimes collect people. She has 20 skulls, 10 kings, 7 princes, 2 princesses and a queen.
She was known to sleep for 200 years, after her children and mate were killed by humans.
Isbeil is still fierce, though, and fiercely stubborn as she hates to be told what to do. She has not shown warmth to any other creature than Elven for many, many years.
[Physical Appearance:]

She is quite a small dragon.

description

Scales: Blue and tarnished silver/ copper
Eyes: Blue
description

Weight:
50 tonne
Height: 16 metres
Distinguished Markings : Metal claws

[Backstory:]
She was born to normal Dragon mother and a dark dragon father. Her mother was a stupid, mundane and gold loving, while her father an intelligent, majestic beast. She gets the Blue from her mother and the copper from her father. She was raised by a kind human, who even she believed would one day be her rider. That is, until somebody killed him. Isbeil was vengeful and furious. She did not feel sorrow, just anger that something of hers had been taken away.
She went and killed the murderer and the proceeded to the forests to become wild. She had two hatchlings, who lived to the age of 4 before being killed to sell for their scales of Gold. Isbeils mate, Qynter, was a pure gold male with black eyes. He died protecting his children and mate. Isbeil survived only because she slept at the very, very back of the cave. When she awoke and found them gone, along with now fresh human scent she roared in horror and searched the mountain in vain. From then on she slept. She slept for a very long time.

[Sexuality:]
Straight…
[Relationship Status:]
… She has had two hatchlings, now deceased, with her old mate, also deceased.
[Other:]
N/a

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Approved, love her!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

That was fast! Thanks!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

no prob! :D

message 12: by Tanisha (new)

Tanisha Singh | 21 comments First Name:} Roulette
[Last Name:] Legas
[Tittle:] The Stalker, Amethyst Shadow, Assassin
[Age:]555
[Gender:] Female
[Personality:] Roulette can be very persuasive. She can easily lure her prey into her den. She has a very suspicious tendency. Roulette does not believe everything, and often she can be very stubborn. She lives in a secure surrounding, and has trained herself to kill if necessary. She, as most dragons, guards her treasure, but unlike most, not with her life. She is friendly with people if they agree to her conditions, or else forget it!
[Physical Appearance:] She is very sleek. She isn't small, but is very strong.
[Scales:] Purple with hints of gold on it.
[Eyes:] Luminous gold
[Weight:]About 75 tonnes
[Height:]20 meters
[Distinguished Marks:]Gold claws
[Backstory:]Born when Sauron took over, she saw many people killed, which hardened her heart, the same heart which thanks to her parents was before soft and tender. When her parents were murdered, she wept. She wept while killing the men who had killed her parents. that was the day when she made a resolve never to be weak and let anything take control of her, not even her emotions, although sometimes she could get teary-eyed. Soon, she found a strong and powerful dragon called Kaspar and they eventually settled down. Kaspar is a red dragon, with copper claws. Roulette's was kinda confused, since she had murdered many mortals (humans) although she did it driven by madness. This earned her the tittle 'Assassin'. She used to go mad for periods and often had black outs. But with her husbands love, she grew back to her old self.
Relationship status:]Has a mate Kaspar, and is considering about having hatchlings.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Approved cho! Awesome!

message 14: by Tanisha (new)

Tanisha Singh | 21 comments Thanks Hermione!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

No problem

message 16: by Tanisha (new)

Tanisha Singh | 21 comments So what now?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

you can join us in the golden wood. make her enter. like, Roulette soared overhead the forest and alighted upon hearing voices.

message 18: by Tanisha (last edited Aug 18, 2013 08:18AM) (new)

Tanisha Singh | 21 comments Roulette had heard of this area, but had been too weak and confused to fly to The Golden Forest. Now, while her mate Kaspar was hunting, she set out to explore that area and hoped that she would find others who were like her. If not...then, as her mate had told her, she had the luck of a devil. "Oh well, here goes nothing" she thought and soared up high into the sky. She suddenly saw the forest, shining bright. She swooped down to examine the world hidden behind- or rather beneath- the golden tree tops. ((I hope I've not written too much, and I've kinda used my imagination for this!))

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

((nono. firstly, the length is great. secondly, post it in this thread: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...))

message 20: by Tanisha (new)

Tanisha Singh | 21 comments OK.

message 21: by Rock, Hunted by Granite (last edited Aug 26, 2013 08:12PM) (new)

Rock | 5677 comments Mod
[First Name:] Elundar

[Last Name:] Balfrike
{Titles} the shifter

[Age:] can't calculate it but... he was born in FA 467

[Gender:] male

[Personality:] A arrogant and cocky dragon solely based on his sheer size. He views most things as unimportant so unless you have something golden he won't bat an eye. Unless directly spoken to, he may let you waist his "valuable time". His old age has not helped him get any wiser, and he doesn't try to act it. He does have a small soft spot he doesn't usually reveal.

Scales: brown
Eyes: bright blue
Weight: 365,000
Height: 450 meters
Distinguished Markings (If any): none

[Backstory:] At a young age he was a a particularly large dragon, not extremely big but big for a hatching. He was easily the strongest of any dragon his age, and when he left his mother he easily beat the other dragons. He soon had a nicely sized pile of trasure under him. He was a big dragon so not many things could stop him. He thought about helping Sauron, but his arrogants in his strength kept him from joining a side. Even after many years he still keeps growing. He figured out a way to shrink himself because finding a place to keep his treasure safe was hard. He now resides alone in a mountain where his treasure hoard is. He will sometimes leave the mountain to find more treasure.

[Sexuality:] strait

[Relationship Status:] open

[Other:] He got his tittle the sifter from being able to change to a smaller size

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

approved!

message 23: by Rock, Hunted by Granite (last edited Sep 05, 2013 01:36PM) (new)

Rock | 5677 comments Mod
[First Name:] Veati

[Last Name:] Fyreblaze
{Titles} Sapphire Flame

[Age:] 50,000

[Gender:] female

[Personality:] veati is a aggressive dragon. She is quick to anger and quite proud of herself. She spends a lot of time fighting instead of talking, but she may find you not a threat and not worth her time. She is also usually irritated and annoyed with things. She also vary impatient.

Scales: white
Eyes: sky blue
Weight: 350 tons
Height: 60 meters
Distinguished Markings (If any): nope

[Backstory:] Veati was the top dragon of her kin easily beating the others. She was the fastest, strongest, and most cunning of them. She easily had a large hoard in her first 100 years. She was strong and could easily beat any dragon out of the way. She became a legend because her fire so hot it was even blue, but no one in the past 10,000 years has seen her do it, so many believe it a myth. She has also been know for being fast and agile, never letting a thing touch her hoard.

[Sexuality:] straight

[Relationship Status:] closed for now

[Other:] He fire is so hot it burns a color blue instead of red.

message 24: by Ilsa, Titania (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 14984 comments Mod
Fat and agile? Do you mean fast?

message 25: by Rock, Hunted by Granite (new)

Rock | 5677 comments Mod
fixed it

message 26: by Ilsa, Titania (new)

Okay, that just made me chuckle a little.

message 27: by Glitchieyt (last edited Sep 05, 2013 01:45PM) (new)

Glitchieyt TTV | 1557 comments Mod
Here comes... the crimson chin! :P BTW, I fought that exact dragon in NWN, the game.

message 28: by Rock, Hunted by Granite (new)

Rock | 5677 comments Mod
Crimson chin?

message 29: by Rock, Hunted by Granite (new)

Rock | 5677 comments Mod
Nwn?

message 30: by inactive account (new)

inactive account (inactiveaccoun) FAIRY ODD PARENTD

message 31: by Glitchieyt (new)

Neverwinter Nights, and that first one was a skit from the Fairly Odd Parents CN show that I watched a lot as a kid.

message 32: by Rock, Hunted by Granite (new)

Rock | 5677 comments Mod
* looks at ilsa* help it's the picture you showed me!

message 33: by Ilsa, Titania (new)

???

I don't think it's the picture... what?

Anyway, you two are hopeless, Ty and Thegotenza.

message 34: by inactive account (new)

inactive account (inactiveaccoun) I AM NOT ..

message 35: by Rock, Hunted by Granite (new)

Rock | 5677 comments Mod
Orly o.O

message 36: by Glitchieyt (last edited Sep 05, 2013 02:34PM) (new)

First Name: Valdurius

Last Name: Schveliech
Titles: The Wise One

Personality: Warm hearted, prefers only speaking to one person at a time, as large crowds are what he calls " Overt and unnessesary "
Valdur is known to be the wisest and most intelligent of all dragons, speaking many languages that he learns in his spare time.

Physical Appearance:
Scales: Golden, imbued with gemstones, like that of Smaug himself, although he has no openings, as his time spent in his cave of gold has been plentiful.
Eyes: Can change colors depending on his mood. (view spoiler)
Weight: 2040
Height: 50 Ft
Distinguished Markings (If any): He has somewhat of a beard (If dragons could have one)

Backstory: Valdur was one of the firstborn of Melkors winged beasts in creations, although he was firstmost a non winged beast. After the war on the great fortress of Morgoth, he retreated into the mountains in the east, where the first dwarven lords had stayed their hand and collected money for the last hundred years. Deep in this cave, is where Valdur slept, after orcs had already purged the cavern, he had flew in and decimated them with his Dragonfire. Since those old days, He has learned ancient magics to take elvish form, and walks among those unwary of his immense power.

Human Form:
Sexuality: He is straight.

message 37: by Glitchieyt (new)

(( I am hopeless, dont expect nothin from me. I can be REAL lazy >:O ))

message 38: by Ilsa, Titania (last edited Sep 05, 2013 02:36PM) (new)

((Everyone's a little bit hopeless. But there's hope for everyone. God, I sound like a Christmas card right now.))

message 39: by Ilsa, Titania (new)

Great character, by the way.

message 40: by Rock, Hunted by Granite (new)

Rock | 5677 comments Mod
Dragon human? Woah

message 41: by Glitchieyt (new)

(( Thanks :D ))

message 42: by Rock, Hunted by Granite (new)

Rock | 5677 comments Mod
Come on.... Somebody approve them

message 43: by Ilsa, Titania (new)

I'm not a mod. Sorry.

message 44: by Rock, Hunted by Granite (new)

Rock | 5677 comments Mod
Well maybe one of us should try out for mod, so we can actually approve things.

message 45: by Ilsa, Titania (new)

Maybe.

message 46: by Rock, Hunted by Granite (new)

Rock | 5677 comments Mod
Now where to do that * looks at topics*

message 47: by Glitchieyt (new)

I'll ask sarah for the position, I've been in this group since it was first made, and have constantly contributed.

message 48: by Ilsa, Titania (new)

Great!

message 49: by Rock, Hunted by Granite (new)

Rock | 5677 comments Mod
Good luck

message 50: by sᴀʀᴀʜ, Head Mod and Legolas Greenleaf (new)

sᴀʀᴀʜ | 3456 comments Mod
Ty and Mr Rock your drgons are approved!

« previous 1 3