What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Builder (The Young Ancients, #1)
This topic is about The Builder
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Looking for a specific Fantasy ebook from amazon.com [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dany (new)

Dany Zaidi | 10 comments First of all the setting of the story is in a different world but it's close to a medieval age. The main character is in a school (more like a university). He used to be poor but an invention of his made him rich.(Somehow I feel that this invention had some magic to it). There was something about a plate that gave him the right to the invention and without it no one else could make it. He made alot of inventions with magic or something. This made him very rich. He even made an invention that could make him fly, keep things cold and etc. Before he started all these inventions he wasn't all that popular but after that girls were lined up for a chance with him. Aside from that I remember small scenes that won't make much sense unless u knew the whole story. I read this in Amazon in ebook format.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6981 comments Mod
How long ago Dany? And is there any chance you can go back and check your history with Amazon? They tend to story your orders practically forever.

message 3: by Sally (new)

Sally (sastevens) | 46 comments Amazon keeps a record of all ebooks you buy through them in the manage your kindle section of amazon.com. I would suggest checking that out of you haven't already.

message 4: by Martini (new)

Martini (shakenorstirred) | 212 comments Sounds a bit like "The Kingkiller Chronicles" (The Name of the Wind & The Wise Man's Fear) by Pat Rothfuss, although the focus isn't on the inventions, that is just a side aspect of the main character being educated at the university.

message 5: by Dany (new)

Dany Zaidi | 10 comments Martini wrote: "Sounds a bit like "The Kingkiller Chronicles" (The Name of the Wind & The Wise Man's Fear) by Pat Rothfuss, although the focus isn't on the inventions, that is just a side aspect of the main charac..."

I am sorry but it's not "The Kingkiller Chronicles"

message 6: by Dany (new)

Dany Zaidi | 10 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "How long ago Dany? And is there any chance you can go back and check your history with Amazon? They tend to story your orders practically forever."

Well I think around 2 years ago sounds about right. As for Amazon having my history, I don't think so. Amazon had my previous account blocked due to it's own reasons but it made me get a new amazon account and so i lost all my books and history.

message 7: by Dany (new)

Dany Zaidi | 10 comments Thanks for your consideration guys. I found the book I was looking for. The book's name is The Builder (The Young Ancients) By P.S. Powers