Potterheads Unite! discussion

Hogwarts > Library

Comments Showing 1-50 of 4,857 (4857 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 97 98

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The Hogwarts Library is on the third floor, and contains tens of thousands of books on thousands of topics. It is furnished with desks and couches (and, of course, bookshelves). Food is forbidden in the library. Students visit the library to study or for their own enjoyment.
(Role-Play here.)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Elana sat on a low couch by the arched windows of the library. The librarian kept the windows shut at all times to keep the books from getting weather damaged, but it was still nice to look out upon the Hogwarts grounds as she studied.
She scribbled down notes with her pigeon-feather quill as she read her newest Potions textbook. These elixirs sounded very interesting- and Elana was sure that she could make some to sell to students to make a few Sickles. She noted down a likely-sounding Skin-Softening Solution, then looked up.
"John!" she said, smiling warmly at her friend as he entered the library.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

He noticed Elana "hey, what you doing there?" He said walking over to her under his arm the new potions textbook he set it down on the table and sat down.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Elana grinned as she saw John's book.
"I'm studying before Herbology. I see you've got A Study of Modern Elixirs, too."
She fiddled with her braid, the hair the colour of faded sunset.
"I hate Herbology," she admitted. "What class have you got next?"

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"I find herbology a very interesting subject, now my next class is potions." He said in a cheerful tone and opened his book.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Elana narrowed her eyes.
"Trust you to love my least favourite subject," she sniffed, trying not to smile. "Pity- we haven't shared a subject for days."
There was silence for a moment as Elana scribbled down some more notes, then she stood up.
"Well," she said, "I guess I'd better not be late. See you at the Great Hall for dinner, I guess."

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"It is well, I must be going see you around." He said and patted her on the back and walked off.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Elana smiled faintly. John's emotions were harder to read than the blackboard in Potions class.
"I'd better get going," she repeated to herself, and started walking to the door.

(Fade?)

message 9: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments Lena sat down on a plush couch with a book on charms. She looked around the old vacant library and remembered what her mother told her about where the books are on protection and healing to increase her intelligence and to help people. She wonders about the next Quidditch tryout.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

(Hey Elise- try to stick to 3rd person! I have commented in the Common Room if you want to RP there!)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

John walked in and looked around.

message 12: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments Lena looked up from her book when she heard footsteps and saw a boy walk in. She thought to herself, that must be the boy Elana is talking about. "Hello, are you John?" She asked.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

" 'At's right why you want know?" He asked sitting in a chair.

message 14: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments "Just trying to meet my classmates. You like to hang out here much?" She asked.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

"Every day." He replied. To the girl opening a guide to tonics.

message 16: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments "I probably will too, i lobe learning new spells and protections," Lena replied, "what books are your favorite?"

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"Lets see a guide to elixirs and tonics and plants from Europe maybe the dictionary of wand wood what about ye self."

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Elana walked into the library.
"Here I am, Lena!" she called. "Sorry I took a while- it's that damned Peeves. If he throws another inkbottle, I swear..." She took a shaky breath, and noticed John.
"Oh, hi John!" she said. "Good to see you. What classes do you guys have next? Maybe we share one!"

message 19: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments "I like, The Book of Spells, Magical Creatures, The Book of Healing and many more." Lena replied, glad to meet someone with the same intrest.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh I 'ave transfiguration." He said to Elana.

message 21: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments "Its alright. Ive been talking to John. I have Magical Creatures; I cant wait, I love that class." Lena told Elana.

message 22: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments She looked at both of them and asked, "Do you guys know when the qudditch tryouts are?"

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

"Not sure." He replied.

message 24: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments "Are you thinking about trying out?" Lena asked as she put down her book on the raised table beside the couch she is seated on.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yes I am." He said to her and put his book down.

message 26: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments "I might, but I'm not sure we'll have enough players and people have said its dangerous." Lena said in curiosity.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

He shrugged.

message 28: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments "Well, ill figure it out. I should go back to the commons room before class. Ill see you around?" Lena asked a she stood and grabbed her book off the table.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

"I hope so." He said and read his book and started scribbling down something of parchment.

message 30: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisemae) | 1453 comments Lena walked back to a old, peeling bookshelf and put her book back. She walked out to return to the common room to gather her books for class, but before she did that she bid farewell to Elana.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"So Elana, what's your next class?"

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

"In about ten minutes," Elana said, starting to walk off to her other class. "I'd better go- bye!"

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

"Better get going too." He said and rushed off to his next class.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

He walks in a started reading a dictionary of wand woods.

message 35: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments Melainia walked into the library with a stern mindset. She wanted a book on Herbology for a report in the class. It was one of her harder classes; she had to study even harder for the test coming up. She walked up to the librarian and asked, "What is the most deatailed book on Herbology?"

message 36: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 32 comments Rose needed to look up something she had heard someone talking about, so she walked into the library. She saw Mel at the counter talking to the librarian and waved to her saying, "Hey Mel!" Rose kept walking, not wanting to interrupt Mel's conversation. She went over to the spells sections and started browsing, knowing it would take her a long time to find just what she was looking for.

message 37: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Hey Rose! I would stay and chat, but I can't find what I am loooking for." She said. "I am going to the herbology classroom to ask the professor where I can get a good book for the report. I'll talk-a-cha later!"

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Gen sat on the balcony immersed in a book on Merlin, at the noise from below she looked down and smiled
"Hey, ABC hey Cass, Hi John.I'm on History of Mag homework currently. What havoc are you guys wreaking?" she joked.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

((Johns is not here in the forest but now judas will come in.))

Judas strolled into the library the dusty smell of books filled the air and relaxed him.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Gen clapped her hand to her mouth "Alison...Organizing?! unheard of" she smiled "Good to see ya guys" she said and sat back.
and almost immediately entered Judas "Hey Judas" Gen greeted
((Sorry I forgot you're character name Cassidy))

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hello Gen how are you today?" Judas asked.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Oh Great Jud, what about you?"she paused and listened "Yeah, I can hardly believe it Alison!" after a moment of mock-thought she said "You know sarcasm is running rampant here"

((I am checking this irregularly with the Potterheads tab up so sorry that this is a stumbling pace))

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm doing okay, I have to finish that potions essay other than that I'm fine." Judas said and sat down,

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Exactly Alison!, yeah I got an 6 page essay on Merlin to finish and a summary of the nine methods to make a sleeping potion to do yet but other then that-" she shrugged and continued noting on her book.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Natasha Rhiki rushed into the library, thrust a note into the librarian's hand, and went straight to the restricted section. Moments later she came out with the book "Moste Potente Potions," praying that the librarian wouldn't notice her note was signed by Professor Eddings, and not Slughorn. It didn't matter which professor signed it, really, but she didn't want any questions raised.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "ah thank you but I've almost done and, you know me History of Mag fanatic plus Sleeping Potions are fun to research"
Gen said scrawling one last line on her report. A grin broke across her face and she slid one foot over the railing and jumped several feet to the floor moving to the Potions section

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) And she nearly bumped into a teenage girl holding a potions book she recognized Natasha Rhiki and said "Hi Natas-" she was rushing across the library and did not appear to hear her
((If that's okay with you Ally))

message 48: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 17, 2013 10:06AM) (new)

((Let's start a row))

"Watch it." Judas said angrily to Natasha after she knocked him down.

message 49: by Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (last edited Jun 17, 2013 10:08AM) (new)

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) (((Fight! Fight! Fight! bloodthirsty gladiator fans y'know
just kidding!!!!))

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Natasha glared at Judas, definitely not in the mood for conversation.
"Look, just get out of my way, I'm gonna be late!"

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 97 98