Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers! discussion

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) Just wanted to read some of the quotes or others like a part in the book anyways here's one
Clockwork princess:
"You know," Cecily said, " you really didn't have to throw that man man through the window."
"He wasn't a man," Gabriel said.
(e_e in the book Cassie wrote Gideon though Gideon wasn't even part of this scene only Cecily and Gabriel)

message 2: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) Tessa touched his wrist lightly with her hand. "Be brave," she said. "It's not a duck is it?"
Clockwork princess

message 3: by Kerri (new)

Kerri | 2 comments “You see it, don't you, James? Without Tessa there is nothing for me--no joy, no light, no life. If you loved me, you would let me have her. You can't love her as I do. No one could. If you are truly my brother, you would do this for me.”

message 4: by Kerri (new)

Kerri | 2 comments “When Will says 'enterprising', he means 'morally deficient.'"
"No, I mean enterprising," said Will. "When I mean morally deficient, I say, 'Now, that's something I would have done.”

message 5: by Britt (new)

Britt (Kalebsmome) "You know," Gabriel said," there was a time I thought that we could be friends, Will." " there was a time I thought I was a ferret," Will said," but that turned out to be an opium haze. Did you know it had that effect? Cause I didn't."

- hilariousness

message 6: by Lily (new)

Lily | 6 comments " He's a worm!"

message 7: by Audrey (new)

Audrey ~AudgPaudg~ (audgpaudg) | 6 comments "Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck."

message 8: by Rossy (new)

Rossy | 47 comments "One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them. For words have the power to change us." one of my absolute faves and i even used it in english class haha :D

message 9: by J-rose (new)

J-rose (drot) | 3 comments “Do what you must. I cannot fetter your best intentions; it would only be cruel, and I would do the same for you, were I in your place…” said by Jem to Will

Will said to Tessa “I want you to be happy, and him to be happy. And yet when you walk that aisle to meet him and join yourselves forever you will walk an invisible path of the shards of my heart, Tessa. I would give over my own life for either of yours…”

Magnus said “You asked me how I, being immortal, survive so many deaths. There is no great secret. You endure what is unbearable, and you bear it. That is all”

T_T Oh love all of them ...

message 10: by Tasheyd (new)

Tasheyd (TasheyD13) | 49 comments "Don't--" "Say anything I don't mean," she finished for him. "I know. I am not. I mean it, Will. And I know it is entirely beyond the bounds of propriety to ask it. I know I msut seem a bit mad." She glanced down and then up again, gathering her courage. "And if you can tell me that you can die tomorrow without our lips ever touching again, and you will not regret it at all, then tell me, and I will desist in asking, for I know I have no right--" Tessa to Will when he was rescuing her from Mortmain. *sigh*

message 11: by Johanna (new)

Johanna “I told you before, Jem, that you would not leave me,” Will said, his bloody hand on the hilt of the dagger. “And you are still with me. When I breathe, I will think of you, for without you I would have been dead years ago. When I wake up and when I sleep, when I lift up my hands to defend myself or when I lie down to die, you will be with me. You say we are born and born again. I say there is a river that divides the dead and the living. What I do know is that if we are born again, I will meet you in another life, and if there is a river, you will wait on the shores for me to come to you, so that we can cross together.” Will took a deep breath and let go of the knife. He drew his hand back. The cut on his palm was already healing—the result of the half dozen iratzes on his skin. “You hear that, James Carstairs? We are bound, you and I, over the divide of death, down through whatever generations may come. Forever.”

message 12: by Tasheyd (new)

Tasheyd (TasheyD13) | 49 comments Johanna wrote: "“I told you before, Jem, that you would not leave me,” Will said, his bloody hand on the hilt of the dagger. “And you are still with me. When I breathe, I will think of you, for without you I would..."

What a great qoute...I bawled like a baby when I got to this part...actually I bawled so much while reading this book! LOL I'm such a wimp! LOL

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"Pulvis et umbra sumus. We are dust and shadow."~

message 14: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 33 comments "'Tessa, you followed me?'
'Of course, you left in the middle of a sentence.'
'It wasn't a very good sentence I'd have to admit'"
OMG I love that part in the epilogue!

message 15: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 33 comments Ooh!
"Well this is unexpected...' Said a familiar voice."(Magnus)
Luv that part too!

message 16: by Chisom (new)

Chisom O | 53 comments lol same here

message 17: by Shazzah (new)

Shazzah  pacey (shadowhunter last name nightraven) :D (Shazzahnightraven) | 391 comments Tasheyd wrote: "Johanna wrote: "“I told you before, Jem, that you would not leave me,” Will said, his bloody hand on the hilt of the dagger. “And you are still with me. When I breathe, I will think of you, for wit..."

i cried sooo much. i literally had to stop reading for a second because my eyes were so blurry from tears:)

message 18: by Shazzah (new)

Shazzah  pacey (shadowhunter last name nightraven) :D (Shazzahnightraven) | 391 comments even though some bits are sad others are funny.

“Trains are great dirty smoky things," said Will. "You won't like it."
Tessa was unmoved. "I won't know if I like it until I try it, will I?"
"I've never swum naked in the Thames before, but I know I wouldn't like it."
"But think how entertaining for sightseers," said Tessa, and she saw Jem duck his head to hide the quick flash of his grin.”

message 19: by Shazzah (new)

Shazzah  pacey (shadowhunter last name nightraven) :D (Shazzahnightraven) | 391 comments i love the way tessa can still find a reply to will's comebacks

message 20: by Anna (new)

Anna Nilsen (theperksofbeinganna) "What is one person's pleasure is another's poison."

Tessa to Will in Clockwork Prince

message 21: by Jade (new)

Jade Devlin | 27 comments "Hey, check this out" Magnus said pulling at his hair that was still spiked up even after a trip through the portal. "Magic?" Isabelle asked. "No. Ricky's $3.99" Magnus said back proudly

Magnus to Isabelle in (I think) city of ashes

message 22: by Jade (new)

Jade Devlin | 27 comments Oh dang wrong series. SORRY GUYSSSSSS

message 23: by Laura Jayne (new)

Laura Jayne (laura_jayyne) "The good suffer, the evil flourish, and all that is mortal passes away."- Magnus Bane. :)

message 24: by Kyren (new)

Kyren | 32 comments Jem: ... Sometimes I want to strangle him.

Tessa: How on earth do you prevent yourself?

Jem: I go to my favourite place in London, and I stand and look at the water, and I think about the continuity of life, and how the river rolls on, oblivious to the petty upsets of our lives.

Tessa: Does that work?

Jem: Not really, but after that I think about how I could kill him while he slept if I really wanted to, and then I feel better.

message 25: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) Kyren

OH MY GOD HAHAHAHAHAHA JEM ILY

I hope Jem shows that side of him once again in TDA

message 26: by Smileyyzz (new)

Smileyyzz | 3 comments '"Reparations," said Jem very suddenly, setting down the pen pen he was holding. Will looked at him in puzzlement. "is this a game? we just blurt out whatever word comes next to our mind? In that case mine is 'genuphobia'. It means an unreasonable fear of knees"'
one of my favs from TID

message 27: by Kyren (new)

Kyren | 32 comments Priya wrote: "Kyren

OH MY GOD HAHAHAHAHAHA JEM ILY

I hope Jem shows that side of him once again in TDA"

IKR?

message 28: by Allison (new)

Allison K. | 53 comments CoFA
"I think she said she wanted to touch my mango then gave me her phone number" -Jace

message 29: by Shazzah (new)

Shazzah  pacey (shadowhunter last name nightraven) :D (Shazzahnightraven) | 391 comments 'we are dust and shadows'

i know its already been mentioned but its my fave quote through all of TID and im gonna get it as a tatoo on my left inner wrist. :)

message 30: by Laura Jayne (new)

Laura Jayne (laura_jayyne) "Everyone has the potential to be extraordinary. As long as you have a soul and free will, you can be anything, do anything, choose anything."
-Magnus Bane; City of Heavenly Fire.

(I have this quote on a canvas print, that is framed on my wall.) :)

message 31: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl L | 16 comments “It was books that made me feel that perhaps I wasn't completely alone."
- Will Herondale, Clockwork Prince”

“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

“If no one in the entire world cared about you, did you really exist at all?”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

“There are so many worse things than death. Not to be loved or not to be able to love: that is worse.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess