Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Changed a cover -was that wrong?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula (last edited Jun 08, 2013 03:32PM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7026 comments If the book has not been published or given out as an ARC with a cover then it is fine to change. Once a book is released to the public then an alternate cover edition should be created since people want to shelve the edition of the book, with cover they actually read and reviewed

message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Wusselpompf wrote: "Okay, the versions I changed never actually existed or were published.

Another follow-up question:
What if a cover actually belongs to a different edition?"

The cover you removed HAS been used on an edition. I've reverted your change. As Paula said, you need to create an alternate cover edition with the cover you want to add.

message 3: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Amazon are listing that specific cover. That is where I got the improved image from.

message 4: by Empress (last edited Jun 16, 2013 07:21AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Wusselpompf wrote: "Is this case closed and the wrong cover stays?"

This is not a wrong cover. It's an actual edition. If that ISBN has been used for another cover you need to make Alternative cover editions with what you consider is the correct cover.

Don't remove covers just because you cannot find information on them, imagine if someone changed the cover on all books you shelved so far.