Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

100 Cupboards  (100 Cupboards, #1)
This topic is about 100 Cupboards
Page Numbering Requests > Incorrect number of pages reported

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mystereity Reviews (mystereity) | 5 comments For the book 100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson, Goodreads shows the number of pages to be 154. Amazon says 320 pages (based on the print edition) but my Kindle says 272 pages.

message 2: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 2065 comments Most ebook formats do not have a fixed number of pages since the pagination adjusts for screen size.

message 3: by Mystereity Reviews (last edited Jun 08, 2013 11:14AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mystereity Reviews (mystereity) | 5 comments Kindle book pagination is based on the page numbers in the print books, and would not be changed by screen resolution. It may be that the print editions have extras of some kind that were not put into the Kindle edition, so the Kindle shows fewer pages. Either way, all the original print editions have twice as many pages as what's recorded on goodreads.

message 4: by Catalina (last edited Jun 08, 2013 11:32AM) (new)

Catalina | 2065 comments Yes, it can happen, I've seen it before. The kindle edition has no number of pages at the moment, better to use the % to keep track of your progress.
I also checked most of the print editions and differences were minimal, not more than 10-12 pages, I don't know what you mean by "twice as many pages"

message 5: by Mystereity Reviews (last edited Jun 08, 2013 12:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mystereity Reviews (mystereity) | 5 comments Goodreads reports the number of pages as 154. Both Amazon and Barnes & Noble report the number of pages as 320. That means the actual print edition contains roughly twice as many pages as goodreads reports. Therein lies the discrepancy that I'm referring to and requesting to be amended. If it helps, I can amend my original post to exclude the number of pages reported on my kindle if it interferes with my original assertion of a discrepancy.

message 6: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 2065 comments I found an ebook edition with 154(seams that I missed it at the fist check) and amended it to 289 pages(according to WorldCat)