Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Just One Drop (The Grey Wolves, #3)
This topic is about Just One Drop
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Just One Drop by Quinn Loftis → Start Date: June 15, 2013

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments We are moving on to book 3 in the Prince of Wolves series if anyone would like to join Chelsea and me!

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments :) I can't wait!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Me either hon! TY for reading the series with me, just makes it even more fun!

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments Your welcome - it's always great to read a book with someone whom you can talk to about it!! :)

message 5: by Chelsea (last edited Jun 15, 2013 05:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments So excited June 15th is here! Although, I don't know how much I will be able to get done - I have three grad parties I have to go to today.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm way busy too. We'll do what we can and post back! Enjoy your parties!

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments Thanks! And sounds like a plan!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments OMG I love this already! I just love Decebel! I hope these 2 get it together and make it work!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments The author is definitely NOT going to make this easy for us, is she? LOL

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments WHY does there ALWAYS have to be something going on with these Alphas? (view spoiler)

I just want everyone to be happy, lol!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm 39% and it just keeps getting better and better and better! I'm so glad we continued on with the series!

I hope you had a good time at your grad parties. I had a lovely dinner out with church friends. Our Religious Ed coordinator retired, so we took her out! It was nice!

message 12: by Chelsea (last edited Jun 15, 2013 07:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments The parties were great - I ended up going to only two - the third one was 45 min away from my house. That was nice to take her out for dinner.

I was unable to start the book though today - I will probably be starting it tomorrow - although it is Father's Day, and I don't know what my family has planned.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok hon. I'll be here anxiously awaiting your opinion of this once again very fine wolf book. LOL. I'm going crazy on this one. I even dreamed about it! SO SILLY.

I hope you want to go on to #4...

Enjoy the family time - it's very impt!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I've read the whole book now hon. So don't worry about posting spoilers...

Just tell me WHAT YOU THINK! Holy moly. I was yelling at my couch, lol!

I am obsessed with Decebel and Jen. It's totally nuts.

message 15: by Chelsea (last edited Jun 17, 2013 08:08AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I wish my life wasn't as busy as it is because I still have been unable to get far in it - though I might be able to get some time in tonight hopefully, if not, then definitely tomorrow night. I did read the first three chapters though. And I really want to know who the dark-haired green-eyed girl?-person is!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Chelsea wrote: "I wish my life wasn't as busy as it is because I still have been unable to get far in it - though I might be able to get some time in tonight hopefully, if not, then definitely tomorrow night. I di..."

I narrowed it down to 2 ppl but it took me a while to decide which one it was. And I STILL wasn't 100% sure of my choice when it was actually revealed!

I want a Decebel of my own. Where can I get one???

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments That is a good question. I definitely like Dec more than I ever liked Fane.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Yes. He has a MUCH better personality!

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments Yes, and I also like Jen more than Jacque.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Yes good call in that one too!

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments So the dark-haired girl is Cosmina? At first, I thought it was some other chick that Decebel had been in love with, not his true mate, but someone like Dillion had been to Jacque's mother.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Chelsea wrote: "So the dark-haired girl is Cosmina? At first, I thought it was some other chick that Decebel had been in love with, not his true mate, but someone like Dillion had been to Jacque's mother."

Yes, the dark haired girl is his sister Cosmina. He couldn't protect her from a wolf battle and she died in his arms. :-( I think she wants us to think its a past love for a while anyway.... So sad the way she died!

I was thinking of a different set of girls when you posted earlier. Sorry for the confusion!

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I know I feel so bad for her mate... I was a little confused during that scene, I know the wolf that killed her died - did her true mate die also?

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Yes, he died After Cosmina, if I remember correctly. The one decided if he couldn't have her no one could and attacked her and then the true mate attacked him and finished him off. And then i think the pack killed the mate out of obligation as they can't live with out their mate... I'll check when i get home!

message 25: by Chelsea (last edited Jun 18, 2013 07:28PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments Ok, I wasn't positive though. What do you think of The Gathering? I'm 27% done with the book - I'm getting there, slowly.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Well I think its a great premise, cuz they do need to find their mates. But obviously it's being used in an evil way. and all those unmated wolves in one residence is a recipe for disaster, lol!

I just love this one.

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments Me too, I hate having to put it down.

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments And I finally understand what you meant earlier about being mad at the Alpha of the Serbian Pack - Thad can just go away!! Leave Jen and her friends alone!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Chelsea wrote: "And I finally understand what you meant earlier about being mad at the Alpha of the Serbian Pack - Thad can just go away!! Leave Jen and her friends alone!"

Yup. All this plotting is driving me crazy! He's a power hungry ASS! They better come up with a solution to this true mate insanity or there won't be any wolves left!

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I know what you mean, or all of the male Alphas will die because they all want someone else's true mate. It surprises me that an Alpha who should be smart in the ways of lupine-stuff, should know that if they aren't your true mate, nothing is fixed.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Chelsea,

I'm going to move this to Archives. Look at your July Calendar and let me know a few good dates for you to read #4. Can't wait to see what happens!

B

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments Ok, that's fine - I hope to finish this book by Tuesday - hopefully :)

and as long as it's not during the week of the 22nd - 26th, I will be at camp then and am not allowed to bring electronics and I have the book in ebook format, I can do it any other time

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, you pick - the week before or the week after. You're choice!

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments Well, since I don't really want to wait until the week after, let's do the week before.

message 35: by Becky (last edited Jun 24, 2013 07:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, I'll set it for that Monday and we'll do what we've been doing! Yay!!!!

So I looked at the calendar and I'm pretty good for July, so we can even do as early as the 8th if that's not too soon for you. Otherwise the 15th it is!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

I set this for the 8th, but can easily change it to the 15th... Just let me know! Yay! I love this series, I'm so glad we pushed on after book 1!

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I'm fine with doing it on the 8th, and me too - I'm glad that I didn't stop after the first one too! :)
This series is definitely better than I had ever imagined.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Chelsea wrote: "I'm fine with doing it on the 8th, and me too - I'm glad that I didn't stop after the first one too! :)
This series is definitely better than I had ever imagined."

Oh I so agree. How far are you? What's happened??? There were parts I was yelling at my kindle! LOL

message 38: by Chelsea (last edited Jun 24, 2013 12:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments Well, last I checked I was 71% into the book - so I would say close to 75% done - I hope to finish it tonight actually if I'm able too (Jen is planning to throw out all of the wolves clothes is the scene I'm at)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Great scene!

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I finished it!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Well???? What did u think of the ending?????? I just LOVE Decebel! And the way Jen made him save everyone else first! And when Rachel showed up???? Wow!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Oh, and Sally being a gyspy healer?!?!?!? I'm so loving it!

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I know - it's all so exciting!! I loved it while hating it because I don't want Jen and Dec to go through all of that pain! I love Dec too - and Costin!! He's so funny :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Chelsea wrote: "I know - it's all so exciting!! I loved it while hating it because I don't want Jen and Dec to go through all of that pain! I love Dec too - and Costin!! He's so funny :)"

Yes, I'm really liking the "secondary" characters even better than the original ones, lol!

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I totally agree!!! Which isn't very normal for me