Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

St. Peter's Fair (Chronicles of Brother Cadfael, #4)
This topic is about St. Peter's Fair
Page Numbering Requests > Isbn is taken by an existing book

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frenchie (new) - added it

Frenchie | 31 comments I am new at this and I looked if I could see a topic remotely similar but I could not. Maybe someone can tell how to go around this:

I was trying to edit the pages Saint Peter's Fair because I am reading the book at the moment, but the page number was for another edition, not the one I have. So, I amended the page numbers on the right edition (the one with the pale pink cover) but when I tried to input the right ISBN, I got this message:

Isbn is taken by an existing book with the title "Saint Peter's Fair (A Brother Caedfael Mystery) (Spanish Edition)". Search for 0751502146 in the header to view it. If you believe this is an error please double-check your data, then check the Goodreads Librarians group. ISBNs are optional so you can also add this book without an ISBN.

So, I tried the other ISBN , and I got a similar message:

Isbn13 is taken by an existing book with the title "Saint Peter's Fair (A Brother Caedfael Mystery) (Spanish Edition)". Search for 9780751502145 in the header to view it. If you believe this is an error please double-check your data, then check the Goodreads Librarians group. ISBNs are optional so you can also add this book without an ISBN.

So, I have left the ISBN blank but I need to know I have done the right thing. I did put a '''librarian note'' though. I know I typed in the right ISBN for that edition because I checked and rechecked my numbers and my edition is definitely not in Spanish but English.

Thank you.

Francine.

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 838 comments It could be that since the books are older that all editions got the same isbn

message 3: by Frenchie (new) - added it

Frenchie | 31 comments Oh, I did not think of that.
Thank you.