The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Should I read City Of Bones?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments So everyone keeps talking about how good City of Bones is and I was thinking whether or not I should read it? Was it actually good? The thing is I'm not really into horror books, but I do like adventure, action, mystery, stuff like that. I just don't want to be grossed out completely while reading it. And I may or may not go buy it today so I was wondering, is it a horror kind of book?

message 2: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments Also, is it worth buying the first book?

Anupoma Joyeeta Joyee No, it's not much of creepy horror. It's just fantasy with vampires (cool ones, they don't sparkle, don't worry), werewolves, shadowhunters, magic Runes, demons, mythical creatures. Most people who like fantasy love this book. So, statiscally you will as well. You can go for it, I guess. :)

message 4: by Eldarwen (new)

Eldarwen | 3558 comments There's a bit of heavy action around demons and vampires but there rarely is mention of blood, and when there is, it is nothing overly violent or gory (despite possible ideas you might have playing around in your head at the mention of all these mythical creatures). No horror ^-^

message 5: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bridget224) | 66 comments thanks Joyee and Eldarwen! I had a feeling it was more of a fantasy book. I just wanted to make sure before I bought it.

Anupoma Joyeeta Joyee You're welcome, Bridget. :)

message 7: by Eldarwen (new)

Eldarwen | 3558 comments Joyee wrote: "You're welcome, Bridget. :)"

Ditto :-)

message 8: by Eleri (new)

Eleri I've just started reading it. not sure what to make of it so far. heard some really good and some really bad. just giving it a go like (: make up my own mind.