Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > LEND ME! Will not load :(

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina (christeeh) | 8 comments I have been a Nook owner for two years. More recently, I started using my Ipad for reading. That being said, I have been using the B&N website to borrow & lend books. For the past couple of months, when I log in to "My Nook" - "friends" then "Lend me" - the page never loads.

I have tried different browsers, different internet connections, different devices, and it's the same thing. This is so frustrating! I have contacted B&N so-called help and have gotten nowhere. Their advice has been to make sure to clears cache & cookies. Well, that doesn't work. Doesn't make sense either, as I've tried on multiple devices, ipad, macbook, macbook pro, android phone, husband's computer at work. Tried accessing from muiltiple locations too....coffee shops, etc. Still...nothing!

I hope one of you can lend some advice other than my last resort is quitting B&N altogether. I have been loyal to them for years, even before my Nook...but this is a deal-breaker.

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 11 comments Its odd that you can't get it to load. I know mine takes awhile to load as the more friends you have the more time it takes to have it pull up... if your allowing it time to load..and its not.. I'd suggest taking it right into B&N store... I find bringing the issue to them directly if your not to far away from one is better than calling them. I've been on them for days to fix the Pen Name issue as I can't load reviews on their site without doing it anonymously...

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina (christeeh) | 8 comments The page will actually time out. I've tried calling them and doing online chat support.

message 4: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 11 comments That's why I'd suggest going in there and seeing them in the store... if your not too far away...

message 5: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I received this article from a blogger about them deleting some PC programs. Here it is if you're interested in reading it. I downloaded the Nook Study program just in case because I am one who reads off my laptop.

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2013...

message 6: by Kristy (last edited Dec 03, 2013 10:37AM) (new)

Kristy (kayhay000) I have this same problem. I have called customer service and they said to clear cache & cookies and it does not work. Did you get any further advice on how to fix this?

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen (2noelle) In my experience, the more friends with lendable books you have, the more the page is likely to time out. It shouldn't be that way, but ever since I bought my first nookcolor in 2010, the lendable feature hasn't worked properly. Same problem with my HD+. However recently, I've purged a lot of nook freinds and it's working perfectly. I went from about 300 friends to 4 :)

message 8: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (kayhay000) Thanks. I only had 22 friends and purged to 15 and it is still not working. Very disappointing.

message 9: by Donna (new)

Donna | 126 comments Kristy that to bad. I haven't had that problem . I do remove friends that do not borrow with in a year. I have up graded every time they have came out with a new E reader. I have a apple I pad so I didn't get get there tablet. Hope you get it fix. Good Luke.

message 10: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (kayhay000) Barnes and Noble Customer support advised how to fix the problem and it worked. I used the Firefox. See instructions below:

We suggest that you try using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to go to www.barnesandnoble.com, and access your eBooks lent to you.
To download Google Chrome in your computer, you may click on this link:
http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/...
To download Mozilla Firefox in your computer, you may click on this link:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
Once you have downloaded one or both of these browsers, please go to www.barnesandnoble.com and access your eBooks lent.
You may also try using NOOK for PC to access your eBooks lend. You may click on this link to download and install NOOK for PC:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-...
We hope that the suggestions mentioned above will work for you. Please let us know the results and if we may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to email us again.

message 11: by Bella-Jane (new)

Bella-Jane (belle-jane) | 4 comments I have had the same problem with my lend me page.i use the iPad to read nook books. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

message 12: by Christina (new)

Christina (christeeh) | 8 comments Barnes and Noble tech support, SUCKS, to put it mildly. I've called, done the chat thing, even emailed a detailed explanation of what was happening. They just give me generic fixes, that don't fix anything.

The times I log in and try to load my friends lend me books - IF I get it to load, I consider it a bonus on my part.

message 13: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (kayhay000) Christina see why post about different search engines. Try Firefox.

message 14: by Bella-Jane (new)

Bella-Jane (belle-jane) | 4 comments I will try Firefox on my iPad thanks