100 books to read before you die discussion

Everyone's Progress > Read at least 5 books from New York Times Best Sellers List

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samra (last edited Jun 07, 2013 06:36AM) (new)

Samra 14 | 4 comments Here Is the list of New York Times Best Sellers List June 9th 2013

COMBINED PRINT & E-BOOK FICTION.

1: INFERNO, by Dan Brown. (Doubleday.) The symbologist Robert Langdon, on the run in Florence, must decipher a series of codes created by a Dante-loving scientist.

2: AND THE MOUNTAINS ECHOED, by Khaled Hosseini. (Riverhead.) A multigenerational family saga centers on a brother and sister born in Afghanistan; from the author of “The Kite Runner.”

3: THE HIT, by David Baldacci. (Grand Central.) The government hitman Will Robie uncovers a serious threat as he attempts to take out a fellow assassin who has gone rogue.

4: 12TH OF NEVER, by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro. (Little, Brown.) A week after giving birth, Detective Lindsay Boxer returns to work to investigate some grisly murders.

5: DON'T SAY A WORD, by Barbara Freethy. (Barbara Freethy.) A reckless photographer helps a woman delve into the mysteries of her past.

6: SILKEN PREY, by John Sandford. (Putnam.) Lucas Davenport is drawn into the investigation of a Minnesota political scandal and the disappearance of an operative.

7: DEAD EVER AFTER, by Charlaine Harris. (Ace.) The last book in the series about the telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse.

8: WHISKEY BEACH, by Nora Roberts. (Putnam.) A former criminal attorney who has been acquitted of his wife’s murder retreats to his family estate on a rocky New England cliff, where he is comforted by the house’s caretaker amid continuing danger.

9: BINDING AGREEMENT, by Kyra Davis. (Pocket Star.) Kasie has to figure out if her passion for the billionaire Robert Dade is leading her down the wrong path; Part 3 of “Just One Night.”

10: ENDER'S GAME, by Orson Scott Card. (Tor/Tom Doherty.) Government agencies breed child geniuses and train them as soldiers.

11: GONE GIRL, by Gillian Flynn. (Crown.) A woman disappears on the day of her fifth anniversary; is her husband a killer?

12: THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS, by M. L. Stedman. (Scribner.) An Australian lighthouse keeper and his wife decide to keep a baby who has washed ashore.

13; WOOL OMNIBUS EDITION, by Hugh Howey. (Broad Reach Publishing.) Contains the five Wool science fiction books about people who live underground in a dystopian world.

14: WORLD WAR Z, by Max Brooks. (Broadway.) An “oral history” of an imagined Zombie War that nearly destroys civilization.

15: TANGLED, by Emma Chase. (Omnific.) An ambitious young woman throws the playboy son of an investment banker into a tailspin.

message 2: by Samra (new)

Samra 14 | 4 comments I myself have read
1: Inferno
11: Gone Girl

and currently reading 2: And The Mountains Echoed

Being a mystery and thriller fiction fan i am planning to read the following three to achieve my goal in june.

4: 12th of never
5: Don't Say a Word
6: Silken prey

message 3: by Samra (new)

Samra 14 | 4 comments Update me with your choice of books you want to read in the month of June..

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Sammra,
I'm a fellow mystery and thriller fan. Wow, I can't say I'm surprised that Dan Brown's Inferno is #1. I'll be reading that as soon as I can get it from the library.

I just finished Dead Ever After, and I'm kind of glad that series is done. It was new and interesting at first, but it was dragged out too long.

I've read Ender's Game, and I am anxious to see the movie. I hope they don't screw it up! I'm actually reading the sequel now, Speaker for the Dead.

I also plan on reading Gone Girl, Wool Omnibus, The Light Between Oceans, and World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War. The movie for this last book looks good!

message 5: by Samra (last edited Jun 07, 2013 09:41AM) (new)

Samra 14 | 4 comments Hi Talia,
Thanx for your participation in the discussion.

I'm glad to hear that you are a mystery thriller fan...
i definitely will read all three which you've recommended..

Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4) by Dan Brown Inferno is a typical Dan Brown creation and you will not be disappointed if you like his writings which are an amalgam of facts and fiction.. I like his works cause you get a chance to peek into history of that particular area or era, along with an exciting exhilarating story.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn Gone Girl is a very good book. You will surely enjoy it if you believe in girl power ;)

I will try to read the others which you've mentioned by I face the issue of time constraint :(

keep us updated with your progress :D