This topic is about Slammed
Group Book Of The Month > Slammed - June BOTM Discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
Discuss the book here!

The question to think about is:

What does the term 'carving pumpkins' mean in the story? And what does it mean to you?

Please feel free to extend the discussion beyond the questions (which are there as a topic-starter!) and simply talk about the book as well :D

Jettcatt | 6 comments I think carving pumpkins in the book means doing the normal things and its the normal things that make memories and unite all people. When we are experiemceing a crisis it is the little things that get us through

message 3: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
Jettcatt wrote: "I think carving pumpkins in the book means doing the normal things and its the normal things that make memories and unite all people. When we are experiemceing a crisis it is the little things tha..."

Love it!

talltyrion | 708 comments That's a nicer way to think of it... Whenever someone says that in the book, I feel like screaming at them that they can't procrastinate forever. It just seems like a cheap way of putting off the important stuff to me, but I wasn't a big fan of the book anyway, so.

Eugenia (Genie In A Book) (genie-inabook) | 88 comments I think it meant to ignore the bad things that were happening in the novel and symbolised going on with normalcy for as long as possible. I loved the whole novel and the poetry element made it all the more of an emotional journey.