This topic is about Poison Study
Group Book Of The Month > Poison Study - June BOTM Discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
Discuss the book here!

The question to think about is:

Why do you think Reyad 'haunts' Yelena, or plagues her? And does the past define the person we are?

Please feel free to extend the discussion beyond the questions (which are there as a topic-starter!) and simply talk about the book as well :D

message 2: by Cam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cam Garza (camgarza) | 137 comments Reyar was her ghost. It didn't let her forget about her past, what had happened to her, what they had done to her. It was her past haunting her, and until she didn't come to terms with it, it will continue to haunt her until she acknowledges it and look it straight in the eye.
And no, I don't think the past defines who we are, it may make us that way, it may lead us to where we are now, it may have brought you there but no, it doesn't define you.

I love the book, one of my all time faves. God, don't you guys think Valek's awesome and beautiful and asdfghjkl just so so amazing? He's like my #1 book boyfriend. I dunno, I have this thing for assassins. And spies. Spies and assassins are awesome.

message 3: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
Camila wrote: "Reyar was her ghost. It didn't let her forget about her past, what had happened to her, what they had done to her. It was her past haunting her, and until she didn't come to terms with it, it will ..."

Love books with assassins and spies - and Valek is beyond awesome!