Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Random Stuff > I Can't Remember The Name of the Books (Found: Wrapped In Rain and Cold Fire)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lade (new)

Lade Tawak (deaduramilade) there are 2 books ii read a long time ago and i can't remember their names. I have googled every word combination I can think of.

The first one is about two brothers who were raised by an abusive father and a sweet religious nanny in a small town. one of the brothers was a professional photographer and the other was schizophrenic. The book title has the word 'Rain' in it.

The second book.
There's something about a windmill, a small town (author) , a serial killer, UFOs and a lot of murders. I think the main character(a guy) was mentally ill. and he had a love interest

message 2: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 229 comments Lade wrote: "there are 2 books ii read a long time ago and i can't remember their names. I have googled every word combination I can think of.

The first one is about two brothers who were raised by an abusive ..."

The first one- Wrapped in Rain: A Novel of Coming Home?

message 3: by Fliss (new)

Fliss Blanch | 45 comments I hate it when you can't remember the name of a book or you have the title in your mind but as soon as you walk into a book shop you immediately forget the name of it. Which is why I always write the titles down in my phone or ipod touch and save it as a note.

message 4: by Lade (new)

Lade Tawak (deaduramilade) Dlmrose wrote: "Lade wrote: "there are 2 books ii read a long time ago and i can't remember their names. I have googled every word combination I can think of.

The first one is about two brothers who were raised b..."

thank you so much

message 5: by Ellinor (new)

Ellinor (1001andmore) | 791 comments I can't help you with the name of the books. However, on Goodreads there's a whole group doing nothing else but look for books for which you can't remember the titles. You can find it here. Maybe someone there will be able to help you.

message 6: by Lade (new)

Lade Tawak (deaduramilade) I just remembered something else about the second book. there's a lake in front of the windmill. it's important too. I think that's where the aliens were

message 7: by Lade (new)

Lade Tawak (deaduramilade) thank you guys so much. I have found out the names of both books. The first book is Wrapped In Rain by Charles Martins and the second one is Cold Fire by Dean Koontz