Audiobooks discussion

Archives > bogus entries - authors and books

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by binter (new)

binter | 218 comments I'm not sure where to put this to apologies in advance if this isn't the proper place. In looking for a few GR reviews on some books in Audible's most recent sale, I came across some very strange entries.

The long and short of of it is that if you do a search for "Bull's Eye!: The Most Apt Reviews " you will find HUNDREDS of results that are not real books at all.

They all had pretty much the same cover and bogus titles for reviews of real books.

Bull's Eye!: The Most Apt Reviews the Book Thief
Bull's Eye! The Most Apt Reviews the Book Thief by Ethan Arling

Is this some kind of spam?

message 2: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3593 comments I do not really understand what you mean, but the Goodreads Librarian team has volunteers who work on weeding out non-books ... not so much "spam" as separate listings for related promotional material and such.

message 3: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (geniusscientist) | 24 comments They are books -- they are collected reviews, bound in paperback form. Are they lame? Yes. Are they hoping to create sales from people who aren't paying attention, and think they're purchasing the actual book? Yes. But they are, in themselves, books, and therefore are allowed on GoodReads.