The Maze Runner discussion

What would you change about the maze runner

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick | 9 comments If you could change one thing about the maze runner what would you change

message 2: by Nada (new)

Nada | 3 comments Chuck being killed i wanted him alive :(

message 3: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Nada wrote: "Chuck being killed i wanted him alive :("

Same here

message 4: by Safura0307 (new)

Safura0307 | 7 comments me three

message 5: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (fignewto) | 14 comments I wish Dashner would have gone into more depth on how the Trials affected the development of a cure.

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 8 comments No I absolutely love it. Except in The Scorch Trials yes! Why can't Brenda betray him? Teresa was Thomas's best friend but she betrayed. So sad that made me cry.

message 7: by Cass1dy (new)

Cass1dy | 17 comments Teresa betraying Thomas. That just burns me up how wicked forced her to do that.

message 8: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 5 comments I would change the face that Wicked was going to do the same test all over again. They should of tried another tactic with using the Immunes to find the cure.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

The intro was way too long and all the exciting stuff happened at the end of the book

message 10: by Christpher (new)

Christpher Zanni | 122 comments Mod
Teresa dying in the end that was sad... Chuck needed to die to make it seem real.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with Christ! Teresa was amazing I wish Brenda dyed

message 12: by Nacho (new)

Nacho Buisan | 7 comments Actually, I loved the deaths. I think they all had an aim. Above all, Minho was my favorite character and he don't die! :D

message 13: by Galilea (new)

Galilea (Mazerunner26) | 2 comments Hum instead of being TERESA the one who died I think it should of have been Brenda.I just love Teresa way too much!:(

message 14: by Paniz (new)

Paniz Salimi (panizsalimii) Newt's death. Or him not being an immune.

Brenda ending up with Thomas.

And all in all, i think I would've rewritten The Death Cure way differently. Still with deaths but the death of Thomas or Brenda instead of Teresa. Death of Frypan maybe, and Gally's.

message 15: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (fignewto) | 14 comments Calling you all out. Dashner got it right when he killed off Teresa. I was always rooting for Thomas and Brenda, but the ending we were left was a bit vague. I'd have made it a bit more concrete.

message 16: by Remy (new)

Remy Blas (remyblas) Joshua wrote: "Calling you all out. Dashner got it right when he killed off Teresa. I was always rooting for Thomas and Brenda, but the ending we were left was a bit vague. I'd have made it a bit more concrete."

I thought the ending was perfect. It was clear enough so it didn't leave any doubt about how the love story ended, but didn't have too much detail, preserving the "this-is-not-a-romantic-story" essense of Maze Runner.

message 17: by Paniz (new)

Paniz Salimi (panizsalimii) Sure, it was clear enough about Thomas and Brenda. But it was pretty vague about other characters. You dont know what happens to Minho or anyone else.

message 18: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (fignewto) | 14 comments There needs to be a Maze Runner, Where Are They Now?

-Minho went on to become tribal chief of the Gladers.
-Frypan accidentally dished out a bad case of food poisoning and was exiled in three days time.
-Aris explored his love of acting and now preforms in weekly renditions of the play he created, Odd Man Out: A Story of One Man and Fifty-Seven Women".
-Galby ran for chief, but after losing nine elections, went on to form his own tribe of one.
-As for Brenda and Thomas, the two lived happily ever after in god only knows where.

message 19: by The Book Phantom (new)

The Book Phantom | 1 comments I think it would have been cool if Teresa wasn't immune and was infected by the Flare as well as Newt but I did love the book don't get me wrong and I just live Minho we should have definitely got more Minho!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Chuck dying. It was really sad. I think everything else was fine.

message 21: by Allison (new)

Allison MY CHUCKIE DIED.

*sobs even more because she was already crying about Newt after finishing the Death Cure*

message 22: by ade (new)

ade (adenurmarita) | 13 comments newt still alive ...

message 23: by Julia (new)

Julia (gravityfalls) | 10 comments I never really understood the fact that messing with everyone's heads mattered. Isn't finding a cure related to the differences you have with your body and brain, not your reactions to "unrelated" circumstances? I would have appreciated an explanation of that.

message 24: by Julia (new)

Julia (gravityfalls) | 10 comments Allison ~God's NOT dead~ wrote: "MY CHUCKIE DIED.

*sobs even more because she was already crying about Newt after finishing the Death Cure*"

That is exactly what I said!

message 25: by Kelly Brigid ♡ (new)

Kelly Brigid ♡ (anotherbookinthewall) Joshua wrote: "I wish Dashner would have gone into more depth on how the Trials affected the development of a cure."

Yep, only thing I would've wanted.

message 26: by Ally (new)

Ally | 2 comments Chuck dying.

message 27: by Breezy (new)

Breezy (captainisking) | 6 comments Teresa dying. She didn't deserve to. I personally think Brenda should have died. Thomas knew Teresa his whole life, and only knew Brenda for what? A month? I guess I could've accepted Teresa's death if it affected Thomas WAY more. He didn't seem too sad about it, which disappointed me A LOT.

Thomas not getting his memories back. I think we all wanted to get a few answers and actually UNDERSTAND. He was too stubborn about it.

Letting the whole human race die out. I mean the whole 'fresh start' thing is a very good idea, I just don't like the fact that they left the rest of the human race to die...that didn't sit too well with me. Why doesn't WICKED try and make a cure using the information they already have from the Trials? Why try and take Thomas' brain out? Put him under another test, for goodness' sake! Oh well. I guess it all worked out...with a horrible price.

Side note- Don't hate me, but I think Chuck and Newt's deaths were necessary. They caused intense emotional reactions in the reader and in Thomas. What would you rather have? Newt going insane and eating people? Or dying with dignity? Chuck's death was realistic and made total sense. Not everyone would be able to make it out alive.. and Chuck, well...he was one of the people who didn't make it out. He made the book all the more beautiful and represented everything the Gladers lost.

On a more emotional note- NEWTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was amazing.....*sobs uncontrollably* and Chuck... *screams and runs away crying* My Chuckie............ :( :( :(

message 28: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (Starfurybookreader) | 1 comments I would change that Chuck didn't die and that the book wasn't in 3rd person.

message 29: by Bird (new)

Bird Enthusiast (grei) | 4 comments Newt's death. He was such an important character, c'mon, he was the glue!

message 30: by Junjun (new)

Junjun Wang | 5 comments Wonder what the books would be like if Brenda wasn't in it?????

message 31: by Amy (new)

Amy One thing that struck me at the very beginning was the Glade. All concrete apart from a few trees that grew out of it? That sounded weird. I like the one of the movie better.
Can¨t remember anything better right now :P

message 32: by Lia (new)

Lia | 5 comments Nothing

message 33: by Sunray (new)

Sunray | 11 comments I would change the end of the series. It was weird that they just went through a Flat Trans and save themselves instead of helping the other people who weren't infected yet.

message 34: by Ella (new)

Ella Duce | 12 comments *clears throght*
Let me begin
1. I would have made Thomas not kill newt and instead und a cure and save him
2. NEWTMAS WOULD BE THE REALIST REAL REAL REAL THING YOU SHANKS HAVE EVER SEEN
3.teressa would have died in the box cause she's a shuck face and I hate her guts
4.brenda would also be dead hate her too
5.Minho would become in charge and be sassy as hell every second of everyday
6.they would find somewhere outside of the scorch (kinda like the glade but less maze and less grieves)
7.chuck would be alive
8.newt would be amune
9.teressa wouldn't have betrayed them because he would be dead
10.NEWT AND THOMAS WOULD BE LIVING A HAPPY LIVES AND WOULD ADOPT 2 CHILDREN A BOY AND A GIRL AND THE CUTEST THING SINCE WE FIRST SAW NEWT SMILE