Goodreads All Sorts discussion

Archives > Everything is Illuminated

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robbie (new)

Robbie I just cracked open this book tonight, so far it's good. I have a feeling this Shapka ... I mean Alex character is going to be a hoot!

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Horan | 1 comments Gonna start this on Monday!!

message 3: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Alright Jennifer! Good job!

message 4: by Robbie (new)

Robbie I'm about a third way through, and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. A very unique piece of work with comical characters that make for an entertaining read.

message 5: by Christen (new)

Christen Schmitz (christenlouise) | 11 comments Oh goodness, I feel so behind... Starting tomorrow! I've been wanting to read it for a while!

message 6: by Pink (new)

Pink Just started this too, only 3 chapters in so far :)

message 7: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Nice! I have reading company. Don't worry if your behind, the book is only about 250 pages. You should be able to plow threw it quickly!

message 8: by Pink (new)

Pink Oh I just couldn't plough through with this one. I read 90 pages and really didn't like it much at all. Didn't find it funny, hated Alex's broken english written with a thesaurus and wasn't interested in Jonathan's story at all. I've decided to put it down and try another book instead. Hopefully everyone else is getting on better than I did, it's such a popular and well liked book, just not for me.

message 9: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Well I finally found time to finish reading the book. Not a genre I'd normally read but overall it was quite good. I found the sections that were based in the present time more enjoyable then the rest of the book which at times was dark and depressing. I'll have to watch the movie now :)

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael (lovechild) | 149 comments Well after two false attempts I am off and reading and finding a very well written book that is time laugh out loud funny. I am glad I have not watched the movie. I do recall seeing a trailer and it seem interesting. I have a ways to go but so far so good. =)

message 11: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Deluca (darlenedeluca) | 24 comments This one was tough for me to get through. Found it a little confusing and frankly, weird, at times. Ended up enjoying it overall, and would recommend. But it's not going on my favorites list!