Book Club discussion

Twisted
This topic is about Twisted
Twisted

Comments Showing 1-50 of 113 (113 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Cover reveal for Twisted

In the next few weeks I am going to roll out my new book, Twisted, in three editions: kindle, print, and audiobook. Let me give you a sneak peak of the cover, which--as always--is inspired by my art:

A few months ago, a pile of bones captured my fascination. Scattered across my desk, they were ashen, rather small, and of fanciful shapes. I was unable to identify the animals whose remains these were, nor could I name their skeletal parts. Which left me free to mine—out of these crumbling, fragile relics—an entirely new presence. Coming to life on brown paper with with a few stokes of white, red, and brown pencils, there she was: my Bone Princess.

Set upon a patch of scorching desert sand, she casts a one-eyed look at you, which masks how vulnerable she really is. Her soft flesh is shielded—and in places, nearly crushed—by her armor of bones. She is damaged: no arms, no legs, yet she accepts her pain with pride, and with regal grace. Inside and out, she carries a sense of morbidity.

As all creations, she became an independent spirit. As such, she made me wonder what had happened to her. I imagined her turning to me, with the elegant, elongated lines of her neck, to tell me her story. This was how my novella, the first story in my upcoming collection—I Am What I Am—came to be.

Twisted.

message 2: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments In this unique collection, Uvi Poznansky brings together diverse tales, laden with shades of mystery and the macabre. There are four of them: I Am What I Am; I, Woman; The Hollow; and The One Who Never Leaves. Here, you will come into a dark, strange world, a hyper-reality where nearly everything is firmly rooted in the familiar—except for some quirky detail that twists the yarn, and takes it for a spin in an unexpected direction.

This is the reality you will see through the eyes of a ghost of a woman, trying to reclaim her name by appealing to the devil; the eyes of a clay figure of a woman, about to be fired in the kiln, longing for her Creator; the eyes of a woman in the midst of a free fall, about to become a ghost; and the eyes of a feline creature with cracked fangs, trying in vain to resign herself, by hook and by crook, to being locked. These characters explore their identity, and challenge their fate.

Inspired by her art, by quotes from literature and the bible, and by the author’s professional career, these tales come from different times and places. Yet all of them share one thing in common: an unusual mind, one that is twisted. So prepare yourself: keep the lights on.

Just out! Unveil it here:
Twisted

Print edition and audiobook coming soon

message 3: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments M.C.V. Egan is the author of a love story and a mystery book titled The Bridge of Deaths. The story came about through a lifelong obsession to solve the MYSTERY of her maternal grandfather's death in faraway Denmark. In it, fictional characters travel through the world of past life regressions and information acquired from psychics as well as Archives and historical sources to solve “One of those mysteries that never get solved”. So I feel truly honored to connect with her. She has just posted an interview with me, and I found her questions particularly insightful.

Once a character is fully developed do you set them free or do they still dance around your mind?

My characters do not wait for me to set them free—they take the liberty to do it themselves! So yes, the dance around in my mind till I have no other recourse but write down what they say. I chase them with my pen, and the only way to slow them down is to throw an obstacle in their way, and see how they find a way around it, through it, or over it, which makes for delightful twists and turns in the plot.

Was there any research involved in your work?

Absolutely! Research is a great tool for anchoring fiction in reality, or in that which is familiar to you, by using details that give your story a ring of truth. Here—from the story I Am What I Am (included in Twisted)—is the voice of the ghost of Job’s Wife, recalling her first moments in the grave. She quotes her husband’s words (which, doing a bit of research, you can find in the biblical story):

“Job stayed with me awhile. Again and again he mumbled, in his inexplicable, pious manner, ‘Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I depart.’ Men! Always thinking of themselves! All the while there I was, flat on my back, in need of some attention, and some clothes, too!"

Do you need visual media to describe people or places? (Some authors use pics. out of magazines)

Funny you should ask! Being an artist, a poet and an author, my creativity takes me in many directions. I write with my brush, and paint with my pen.

At times I find myself listening to the voice of a sculpture I created, and writing down her story—which is what happened in the story I, Woman (included in Twisted.) Here is how it opened, described in the voice of a clay sculpture looking at the artist creating her:

“I stand here before you, not knowing my name.
The light in this place is so blinding, so intense, that as far back as I can remember, it has forced me to close my eyes. Now this is about to change. Coming out of a brilliant haze, here is her footfall. Here she is: my Creator. I am clay in her hands. Let her do with me as she pleases; for what am I to do?

Now listen, listen to that sound: the air is vibrating around her. I can feel her breast, it is heaving. I can hear her breathing in, breathing out… Yes, she is coming closer. Is she about to blow life into me? My skin starts shivering. Here, now, is her touch—

She puts a mark on me, pressing the sharp end of a chisel until it stings, it pierces me right here, under my eyelid. I shriek! I cry—but somehow no one can hear me. If I were not reduced to tears, I would pay more attention to this nagging sense, the sense of astonishment in me. Why, why can’t I be heard? Have I lost the ability to make a sound? Then I wonder, did I ever have it? And even in this crinkling, crushing silence, can’t she sense my pain?

It is not until later, when she pulls out the blade, that I become afflicted—for the first time in my life—with vision. To you, vision may be a gift, but I think it a burden. Emerging from the glow that has so far pervaded my existence, I open my eyes.”

What projects are you working on now?

Through a process of creative collaboration, two of my books are now being produces as audiobooks! It is an amazing feeling, to have your characters not only spring out of your mind, but have versatile and resounding voices. As you know, both poetry and song—anything with meter and rhyme—are easily remembered through listening and reciting. And long before we could read and write, we passed our sagas on through story telling. This is where I am right now! What can I tell you but this: I live in a charmed world!

My earlier works—Apart From Love (narrated by David Kudler and Heather Jane Hogan) and A Favorite Son (narrated by David Kudler) have been highly praised, which spurs me onward and upward: so now, Home, my poetry book, will come out later this summer as an audiobook, narrated by the talented film actress Kathy Bell Denton. At the same time Twisted, my collection of dark tales, will also come out as an audiobook, narrated by the gifted voice actress Heather Jane Hogan.

You can find this interview here

message 4: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Today I would like to introduce the narrator behind the voices of my new collection of dark tales. I have already worked with her on narrating my novel, Apart From Love. She was such a natural, that no one can call her Anita a 'performace'. Working with her was such joy! So I had to hear the lovely, intimate voice of Heather Jane Hogan again, this time for Twisted, where the challenge--and the fun--would be to find a different voice for each one of the four tales.

Take a listen to a voice clip from her audition, here .

I find her self-depracating humor quite touching. Here are a few things she says about herself:

★ "I sing in the car. Loudly. I’m that woman you see on the highway, belting out tunes as if she were on stage somewhere and blissfully unconcerned that other people on the highway can see me."
★ "I love roller coasters. The more twisty-turny-upside-down-back-and-forth-hair-raising, the better."
★ "In 1999, I went skydiving. I’ll never forget it. It wasn’t what I expected. I thought it would be exhilarating; that I would land and shout something like, “WOO HOO!!”… but… at least for me, it was more of an overwhelming experience. Afterwards, I just wanted to sit and contemplate my belly button."
★ In 2003 and 2004 I won the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), hosted by http://www.nanowrimo.org. They host a challenge every year during the month of November for you to write a novel. It doesn’t have to be good, no one reads it for proof (the contest is honor-based) – but you have to write 50,000 words in one month (the definition of a novel). It’s a great and challenging exercise, even if you’re not a writer.

Download the new collection: tales from the dark side
Twisted

Audiobook and print editions coming soon

message 5: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Later this summer, when the audiobook is nearly ready, I will invite everyone to party in a new launch event on Facebook, to celebrate all three editions of Twisted. But right now, if you love books in print, and you appreciate an artistically design book cover, and on top of all this, if you have read my work and enjoyed it, I have this to say:

Shhhhh... Don't tell anyone... Just between us:
The print edition of Twisted just came out.
Be the first to get it:

US & IndiaUKBarnes and Noble

message 6: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments "I stand here before you, not knowing my name.
The light in this place is so blinding, so intense, that for as long as I can remember, it has forced me to close my eyes. Now this is about to change. Coming out of a brilliant haze, here she is: My Creator. I am clay in her hands. Let her do with me as she pleases; for what am I to do?
Now listen, listen to that sound: The air is vibrating around her; I can feel her breast heaving. Is she about to blow life into me? Here it is, here is her touch—
She puts a mark on me, pressing the sharp end of a chisel until it pierces the center of my eye. I shriek! I cry without a sound. It is not until she pulls out the blade, that I become afflicted—for the first time in my life—with vision. Emerging from the glow that has so far pervaded my existence, I open my eyes.
The haze is gone. There is not much to see around me. Here is a dim place. A place of doubt. Clutter. Confusion. From this point on, I start sensing shadows..."

So starts one of the strangest stories I have ever written... Take a look at female figure in my sculpture, and then listen, because it is in her voice that the story is told.

Once the original clay model arrives in the foundry, it is dismembered: below you can see the dismembered lower part of the male dancer of the clay model for my sculpture (seen in full, above, in bronze.) A 'negative' of the parts is created, a mold, ready for pouring of molten bronze. Having witnessed this process, which takes as long as six weeks from the time the clay model arrives and a bronze sculpture is ready, made me think about death and rebirth, which is what this story--now included in my book Twisted--is about.

Tempted to go to the dark side?
Keep the lights on...
Get Twisted

Audiobook coming soon

message 7: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Wow--I am so glad this is the first review for my new book, Twisted! Written by Dolores Ayotte, author of A Woman's Voice, who is a great inspirational writer and one of the best reviewers on Amazon:

★★★★★ Captivating!!, June 25, 2013
By Dolores Ayotte
This review is from: Twisted (Kindle Edition)
Henry Ward Beecher so sagely states that ..."Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures." "Twisted" is the fourth book that I have read and reviewed by talented author and artist, Uvi Poznansky. Every time I read one of her poignant works of art, I sense that Ms. Poznansky leaves a part of herself in every word she pens and in every piece of art she creates.

"Twisted" is a compilation of four short stories that reads like a narrative. Each novellas is written in the first person and each of the main characters is brought to life as the reader hears the voices of these individuals as they share their plight. Job's wife in, I Am What I Am, has an encounter with the devil as she pleads with him to reclaim her own name. Ms.Poznansky quickly draws her reading audience into a familiar yet foreign setting as she creatively and unexpectedly twists the yarn as she weaves her storyline together. This gifted writer follows the same technique in each of the subsequent novellas, I, Woman...The Hollow...and, The One Who Never Leaves.

There is the added bonus of "Dust" a lovely poem whereby both a male and female take turns expressing their innermost selves and how they communicate in their love/hate relationship. This exchange is followed by two photographs demonstrating the "transition a piece of art undergoes in the foundry".

It is virtually impossible to resist being mesmerized by Ms. Poznansky's message as she so adeptly leaves a part of herself in her varied creative manifestations. It is apparent to me that one artistic gift freely flows into the other. Each of them is so closely connected that it is difficult for the amateur which, in essence is what I consider myself to be, to truly recognize when this actually occurs. When reading Ms. Poznansky's novel, novellas, and poetry, I sense that I am on the inside looking out at her other art forms. In other words, her written words create a voice for her lovely works of art....an explanation for how they came to be. They are alive in every sense of the word and every step of the imagination...so closely united that it is impossible to separate the two. This is when the deepest level of Ms. Poznansky gift is clearly demonstrated. Whether by every stroke of the paint brush...or in her sculptures...or in every word that she writes, this gifted author leaves a part of her soul. No matter the medium she becomes the creator that she is...just as Henry Ward Beecher states in his opinion of artists. Ms. Poznansky has not only dipped her brush into the paint but her pen as well...deeply into her soul, as she shares her many creative gifts with us.

Inspirational Author & Book Reviewer ~ Dolores Ayotte
A Woman's Voice - Inspirational Short Stories - Volume 1

message 8: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments My week at Mcv Egan's blog is on a roll! Please check out my article today. Focusing on a novella from my book Twisted, it is titled A Rude Awakening for Job's Wife :

Lying still in a corner of the cave, I try my best not to rattle, not to betray my fear. I figure, as long as they think me unconscious, I am safe. I have jolted awake because of the voices, only to discover they are incoherent and muffled. In between the gusts of wind, I can hear them hissing. Each phrase plays out in some verbose foreign music, which I cannot decipher for the life of me. Sigh. This is not Aramaic for sure, or any of the other languages spoken by the locals in my village or by the merchants traveling through along the Jordan river.

At this moment I find myself overwhelmed, turned inside out by a sense of suspicion. Something has been taken away from me. My breath? My name? Identity? Who am I, then?
After an eternity, the confusion in my head starts clearing up. The air is steaming hot. It feels as if I have been dunked in some thick, dark soup. I stare at the blackness. I listen. I catch a word here and there, and somehow I get it. No longer is it Greek to me. Or perhaps it is.
“But why? What is she to you?” says a trembling, shrill voice. “Why even come here for her? Just a tramp, is what she is.”
And in grumble—louder than the whirlwind—another voice says, “Now, who are you to ask?”
“Forgive me... I am nothing, nothing before you. Crush me if you will. I am dust, dust under your feet... But you, you have more important things to do. Let her rot.”
“Gird up now your loins like a man; for I will demand of you, and you shall answer me. Where were you when I laid the foundations of this realm? Declare, if you have any understanding!”
“I am nothing... Nothing but dust—”
“Who has laid the measures thereof, if you know? Or who has stretched the line upon it?”
“I bow,” the thin voice trembles. “I bow before you. Oh please, forgive me.”
And splosh! I hear the poor devil plodding away, wading through some slush.
A minute later, the footfalls of the other march up the road in the other direction, until finally the ground under me stops rumbling.
So I turn on my belly and crawl, finding my way in the dark, till at last I peek out—if only by a nose—through the mouth of the cave. Which allows me, for the first time, to take in the view.

Job's wife in Twisted

Here is a woman who has only one line in the Book of Job. Her entire history has been lost, with the exception of the words, "Curse God and Die." Did she love her husband and wished his torture to stop--or else, was she tired of him, and saw him as a burden? Even her death is not recorded; all we know is that by the end of the book, there is a 'happy ending' where Job has a new wife and a new set of kids in place of the once that were stricken down by Satan.

So in my story, she wakes up in Hell. Here is the opening, where she is listening to a conversation between Satan and one of the other poor devils. By a twist, Satan's words are a 'replay' of God's words to Job. So now I invite you to listen to the voice clip, narrated by The wonderfully gifted Heather Jane Hogan:

Listen here .

This is a small bronze sculpture in which I tried to depict the first yawn of the day.

Treat yourself to a gift!
Download this ★★★★★ book
Twisted

Audiobook coming soon!

message 9: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Author of War Songs, Grady Harp, describes himself as being ever on the alert for the new and promising geniuses of tomorrow. He is an artist representative, gallery owner, writer of essays and articles on figurative and all Representational art for museum catalogues and for traveling exhibitions, and an Amazon Hall of Fame Reviewer. So I am deeply honored that he has posted this five-star review for my just-published book, Twisted:

★★★★★ A sensitive melding of poetry, prose, and art, July 5, 2013
By Grady Harp (Los Angeles, CA United States)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER) (VINE VOICE) (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER) (REAL NAME)

Uvi Poznansky is an Israeli born American poet, writer and artist who seems to have a gift to express her thoughts in myriad ways, ways so diverse in nature that the only constant is excellence! Her previous books - APART FROM LOVE, A FAVORITE SON, HOME, and the Hebrew edition ROPES, SEPARATION, TEAR - all manage to incorporate her stunning visual art as either the cover or as inner additive drawing or simply as the matrix on which she draws the thread that unites each of the themes of her books.

In TWISTED Uvi Poznansky takes out her loom and weaves mysterious tapestries that include humor, angst, the unknown, the dark, and always a permutation of love. The One Who Never Leaves is a touching tale about a cat and her keeper, The Hollow steps into that disparate world of the beyond - of finding needs unmet in proximity and not tangible, I, a Woman allows us to enter the creative space of creating a figure out of clay. In the midst of her stories is a bipartite poem/conversation and images of some of Poznansky's art.

For this reader, the title TWISTED suggests harshness or unexpected turns that terrify. But that is not what happens on entering this space. Yes, the ideas seem from a different realm of non-reality, but they are so immaculately constructed that each work becomes a little treasure to visit repeatedly. For this reader that is not `twisted' - that is kaleidoscopic!

message 10: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments The gifted author of After Forever Ends, Melodie Ramone, invited me for an interview on her blog. She opened with a gracious, heartfelt introduction:

In the world of writing, you meet many people. Some are story tellers, people who have wonderful plot lines and fantasies that run through their minds, who jot down words and tell of adventures and far away lands. Some are observers of the world around them and of human nature and write of their experience in a way that teaches others lessons from their own lives. And then there are the select few who write directly from their souls, the ones who paint a canvas with words that reach inside your heart and turn you around. They open your eyes and make you see people, places and situations in a different way than you would have and, ultimately, they change your life. Uvi Poznansky is one of those writers and she doesn't just spread her magic in ink, but in paint as well. I am proud and blessed to have her on my blog. And, now, enough of my introduction! Here is Uvi.

Interview with
Uvi Poznansky
Author of
Apart From Love, Home, A Favorite Son, and Twisted

You are a poet and an artist as well as an author. Although all three can go hand in hand, tell us how and if they feed off of the other to help you create.

When you meet a new person, you register not only the way she looks, but also the tone of her voice, the way it fluctuates in sadness and in joy... So in a similar way, when I conjure up a new character, she expresses herself in my mind in many sensual ways. It is not just her voice that I write, not just her angle on events throughout the plot--but her look too, and the way she moves, which I not only describe, but often paint or sculpt. And the opposite is true, too: when I sculpt a piece, which may take several months to complete, an intimate relationship develops between the figures and me, so they begin to have a voice. This is what happened with my dancers in the sculpture Dust You Gather Me, which was inspired by my poem, Dust, which starts with his voice:

From dust you gather me
I beg you on my knee
Look away—imagine me,
The way I used to be
Now shadows spread upon me
Stain by stain
I shiver. Touch me, heal me
Make me whole again

The poem ends--or rather, it closes the loop--with her voice:

I will not let you blur
These traces in my mind
Of the way we were
Our limbs entwined
I miss you, still resist you,
Forgive me, for I must
Gather you so gently
From the dust.

Having taken the sculpture to the foundry to cast her in bronze, where she would be dismembered and later reconnected, I was literally compelled to write her story about death and rebirth. Both the poem and her story are now part of my new book, Twisted.

You have written several books. Pick one and tell me why you choose it first and what's it about. I know all your books are special to you, but what made this one stand out in your mind?

Of my four books, let me introduce Twisted, my newest work. It starts with Job’s wife waking up in Hell, and hearing a voice, Satan’s voice, saying, “Gird up now your loins like a man; for I will demand of you, and you shall answer me. Where were you when I laid the foundations of this realm? Declare, if you have any understanding!” You may be surprised to realize that each and every one of Satan's words in that dialog are quotes from the words of God, lifted out of God's reply to Job (in the Book of Job.) As you may know, Job suffers pointlessly, yet he bites his lips so as not to resort to cursing God. But in the end he breaks down. He breaks his silence and challenges God to answer for the apparent lack of divine justice. So God says, basically, Who are you to question me, as a mere mortal you understand nothing, nill! I'm the boss!" In Twisted Satan uses these words, the devil that he is, to establish that, like God, he is the boss in Hell. There is a parallel between them.

Readers who are familiar with the book of Job will immediately recognize these sentences. Initially they may assume this is God talking--until they have a rude awakening, which is intentionally provocative. In the audiobook edition, which is about to come out soon, my narrator will give his voice a little goat-like cackle, which may serve to offer a hint. This is not God talking, but the Prince of Darkness.

To read the entire interview go here:
Interview with Uvi Poznansky: The Voice of A Writer, Poet and Artist

message 11: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Here is a lovely interview, conducted by an amazing thirteen years old girl called Trinity. Check it out and leave your comments here.

In the interview, I offer an excerpt from Twisted, to illustrate the research I do for the locales of my books. Here is the except:

"So I turn on my belly and crawl, finding my way in the dark, till at last I peek out—if only by a nose—through the mouth of the cave. Which allows me, for the first time, to take in the view.

It is breathtaking—not only because of the deep ravines slashing back and forth across the landscape, or the thick trunks of trees twining their roots one over the other, clinging forcefully to the rocky ledges; not only because of the volcanoes towering over the horizon, or the fine lava streams marbling the flesh of the earth, or that landmark, that pillar of salt beckoning me from afar, or the little flame dancing over there, then here, licking my knees—ouch!—or the bubbling of swamps along the winding path. No, it is breathtaking because to my amazement, I recognize this place.
A crimson glow is coming from below, as if an enormous sun is buried here, deep under the coals upon which I am crouching. If not for the eery glow, this is the valley cradling my village.
A perfect copy of the land of Uz.
If I squint hard, aiming my gaze faraway to the foot of that volcano, I think I can spot the familiar outlines of houses. They belong to the rich among us. Between them I look for an interval. There must lie the village square. And I know, without really seeing it, that falling to pieces on the other side—where the poor folk live—is our shack. The place where we lived, Job and I, in such misery during the last year. "

message 12: by Uvi (last edited Jul 19, 2013 10:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments And so I knew the mourners had started to disperse by now, which was truly humbling. Alas, they had been at it for a shorter time than usual—but how could you blame them, really?
There was no money, and of the seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred yoke of oxen and five hundred donkeys we used to own, not a single one was left. Nothing you could offer them for payment; alas, nothing left to sustain the customary expression of grief. Sigh.
Job stayed with me awhile. Again and again he mumbled, in his inexplicable, pious manner, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I depart.” Men! Always thinking of themselves! All the while there I was, flat on my back, in need of some attention, and some clothes, too!
Finally he left the gravesite. I waited, waited until the sound of his footfalls had shuffled away—oh, how well I knew this tortured gait of his!—until it too was gone.

Job's wife in Twisted

The biblical Book of Job never tells you what happened to Job's wife, nor does it give her a name. By the end of the book he has a new set of children and a new wife. What a happy ending! One that leaves you in the dark... So in my book, she describes waking up to the moment of her death, and what happens in Hell.

When I chose Heather Jane Hogan to narrate Anita's voice in my novel Apart From Love, I refused to imagine how she might look, because to me, she was a voice. But now, as she is narrating her second project with me, I did look her up and she is not only a brilliant voice actress, but a beautiful one too!

Take a listen to her, click HERE

"It is virtually impossible to resist being mesmerized"
Get ★★★★★ Twisted

Audiobook coming soon

message 13: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments If you are reading Twisted I will feature your image at the top of my blog, in the new slideshow feature at the top right.

Here's how:
✿ Tell me (via PM here or on facebook) you are reading Twisted, and I will compose your profile pic to show you holding the book.
✿ I will post it here, in the slideshow!

message 14: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Christoph Fischer is a high-ranking reviewer on Goodreads and Amazon. Just as importantly he is the author of two historical fiction books, Sebastian and The Luck of the Weissensteiners. I am greatly honored that he posted this wonderful review for my book, Twisted:

★★★★★ Simply Brilliant July 21, 2013
By diebus

"Twisted" by Uvi Poznansky has been on my reading list for some time. After having read and adored "Home" and "A Favourite Son" I decided to save this expected treasure for a special occasion but I only lasted a week.
The book is nothing short of amazing. It is a fantastic selection of four short stories, all slightly dark and - as the title promises - with their own kind of twist.
My favourite story is the first, a tale about Job's wife that is based on a very imaginative and simply terrific idea. Job's wife, who in the biblical story told her husband to curse God, who is trying Job's faith with all sorts of misfortune, faces the consequences of her dis-loyal action. God and Satan's bet about Job's loyalty is one of the key stories in the bible in my view in that it asks believers to have blind faith. Job's wife just had about enough after plagues and death and what not and represents one of the most challenging and controversial figures in the Bible. Told in her own voice this is a rather fascinating and intriguing story that almost ended too soon for my liking and addictive personality.
The second short story reads like a take on creationism by giving a voice to a clay figure who observes her creator. With the mentioning of Adam in this story the Biblical reference is implied albeit less specific, yet challenging one's perspective of the Eden story.
Freedom, identity and fate are some of the themes running through the stories.
This is an amazing and exciting read, one that is playful as it is intellectually stimulating and founded in sharp observation. The characters created are certainly quite a long way from the norm and a firework of originality.
Adding unusual elements, such as the mention of a lift and the King David Hotel in a biblical story, using the perspective of a cat and of a clay figure, these pieces take the reader deliberately out of their comfort zone and out of their experience into their head, only to draw them back into the story and the reality the characters are experiencing.
A great book, not easily forgotten.

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 15: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Parting is such sweet sorrow... Once I clicked the "Approve audiobook" button, indicating that the project is completed, I felt this tinge of satisfaction mixed with sorrow. Do you know this feeling? Time to move on, this project is done...

It has been such a joy, listening to my quirky characters come to life through the voice of my brilliant narrator, Heather Jane Hogan. So now, this baby is out of my hands and on its way. Please stay tuned: in a few days I will kick off new facebook launch event, inviting you to celebrate the launch of audiobook edition of Twisted.

Take a listen to the opening credits, HERE.

Get Twisted:
★ Audiobook ★ EbookPrint ★

message 16: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Oleg Medvedkov is the amazingly gifted author of quite a number of humor books. He is also a top Amazon reviewer (with an incredible ranking of 300.) I am greatly honored that he posted this review for Twisted:

★★★★★ The sharper the perception--the more complex the interpretation, July 28, 2013
By Oleg Medvedkov "How to Prevent Unicorns from Stealing Your Car"

This book, "Twisted," is a collection of stories that give a feeling of being painted on the page. When you read them, come loser to see the touches of the brush and then stand afar to see the whole picture. Then, turn away and savor the after-taste before looking back to make sure you have really seen all of it.

In her potent style, Uvi Poznansky weaves mythology with modernity in "I Am What I Am." Elevators and high heels are mentioned together with camels and sheep in what might have been a retelling of a Biblical story. Yet, this is far beyond any retelling or re-imagining. Trying to find an answer to a seemingly simple question "What's my name?" the Wife of Job moves through emotions and the labyrinth of logic to arrive to a conclusion that will surprise the reader and is open to a slew of interpretations.

"The One Who Never Leaves" is a story that is seen through the eyes of a cat. But is it really about a cat? The story has a lot of symbolism that makes the careful reader relate and think and paint her own image of what this story means.

"The Hollow" takes you in a world of a strange perception where you, little by little, lose the touch with reality and give in to the sensory stimuli of the imagined(?) awareness.

My favorite story by far in this collection is "I, woman." When you start reading it, you get a sense of "Oh, I know what's going on! It's just a retelling of the creation story, be it original. Well, aren't I smart!" Then, as you read on, you lose that certainty, bit by tiny bit. When you are almost done, you are hundred percent sure that your first hunch was wrong and you have created a new theory as to what the story is all about. Yet, when you finish reading, it hits you. "Wait a second! Could it be? No, surely not... Perhaps, but... What's going on here?"

To quote the author: "The sharper the perception--the more complex the interpretation." This statement applies to all the stories in this book. Yet, I'd like to add to that statement that with the sharper perception, your interpretation becomes not only more complex, but from a singular, it will split into multiples, then it all will twist in on itself, and then branch off into whatever direction your mind is capable of taking it.

Yes, this is that kind of book, written for a smart and perceptive reader, who is not afraid to let her imagination fly. If you are that person, pick up this book, your won't be disappointed.

message 17: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Sheila Deeth is a top 1000 Amazon reviewer, and an author of several biblical fiction books. So I truly value her opinion about the biblically-inspired hell in Twisted, and about the women's voices expressed in it.

★★★★★ Fascinating and deeply involving prose and poetry, July 29, 2013
By S. Deeth "Sheila Deeth" (OR, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER) (VINE VOICE) (REAL NAME)

What is woman? Uvi Poznansky's four curious tales in her Twisted collection find various answers to this question. Is a woman denied existence if we hide her name, or if we define her just by relationships to man? Does the female sculpture come first or second to the creator's hand? Does death create, destroy or preserve, and can imagination fly?

A haunting story of Job's nameless wife starts this short collection and sets the tone. With pleasing plays on words and history, evoking intriguing shades of Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, the author renders the Biblical story of Job into a timeless world where Job's wife stands in need of a name.

It's not hard, after these pleasing Biblical allusions, for the reader to identify with a slab of clay in the next tale and share its search for the creator's purpose. But the slab is woman and the purpose is filled with beauty and pain.

From lilting poetry to feline's fearsome claw, these pieces draw the reader in, enticing with intriguing depths and surprising with sudden light. Twisted, puzzling, but perfectly put together, the collection has the feel that it was meant to be this way, no random grouping of fiction but a twisted exploration that turns and returns this reader to the singular question: What is woman?

Disclosure: The author kindly gave me an ecopy of this book with a request for my honest review.

message 18: by Carolynn (new) - added it

Carolynn (Molly.Groot) Evans  (molly_groot) | 38 comments Uvi wrote: "Cover reveal for Twisted

In the next few weeks I am going to roll out my new book, Twisted, in three editions: kindle, print, and audiobook. Let me give you a sneak peak of the cover, which--as al..."

Wow... I read the new Amazon review, and came to comment on that before seeing- and reading about- your art. It is truly haunting and beautiful. It strikes a chord.

As a reviewer myself- though not nearly as proliferate and well-known, I largely avoid biblical stories as a rule. Often, I've found them to be somewhat trite, and the authors to be much more attached in what feels like a painful manner. It is too hard to offer feedback, either positive or negative.

However, as a reader, I find myself drawn in. I actually want to read your stories, and that surprises me as I am on an severe urban fantasy and YA jag at the moment. Your stories call to me, as the background sounds like it has a biblical bone, yet the tales sound much more human. (garnering from the review, and the art... please forgive me if I am wrong or presumptuous, having not read it.)

I just wanted to thank you, as a reviewer, as a writer, as a Reader, and foremost, as a woman, for putting forth what seems to be one of the first and only strong, beautiful works to truly delve into the deeper, perhaps darker areas of the female psyche- while still seeing the softness that we are.

It fascinates me, and I will have to purchase it in print. Adding it to my Amazon list.

Thank you for sharing your insights. In advance, I am hooked.

--Carolynn Evans

message 19: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Carolynn wrote: "I just wanted to thank you, as a reviewer, as a writer, as a Reader, and foremost, as a woman, for putting forth what seems to be one of the first and only strong, beautiful works to truly delve into the deeper, perhaps darker areas of the female psyche- while still seeing the softness that we are. "

Wow Carolynn, you took my breath away! It is so rewarding to read your comments. Bless your heart.

This book is indeed about the deeper, perhaps darker areas of the female psyche--just as you so beautifully said. And by the way, you need not worry about the biblical stuff--in my writing, it is 'twisted'. Here, for example, is an article I wrote not too long ago, which you may find interesting: The Perils of Biblical Inspiration.

message 20: by Uvi (last edited Jul 31, 2013 12:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments How rewarding it is to get a review from a reader who is not only a truck driver who has seen most of the continental US through her work--but a poet and author as well! Cindy J. Smith, the author of Voices In My Head and They Won't Shut Up, has just posted her awesome review on Amazon and Goodreads for my book, Twisted:

★★★★★ Pieces of Heart and Soul!, July 30, 2013
By Cynthia J. Smith
Amazon Verified Purchase

This is a collection of 4 short stories, each with an unexpected twist! Uvi has again shown her mastery in the writing field. The stories are all told first person and you can tell that Uvi has left a piece of herself in each of the characters! A beautiful sampling of artistry to be visited again and again. Darkness and hope abound!

Her art work also shows what a talented woman Uvi is! Amazing!

In the first story, I Am What I Am, we meet Job's wife as she tries to deal with the Satan attempting to keep her name. The dialogue between them is pointed and you are easily drawn into the discussion.

I Am Woman, lets us become a piece of clay that is being molded into a woman. We can feel, as Uvi does, the loving creator's hands.

The Hollow takes you to a place where your ideas of reality are brought into question.

The One Who Never Leaves is a haunting story about the life of a cat.

Uvi also shares a poem, Dust, which is told by both a man and woman's point of view as they share their feelings with us.

He:
"If shadows peel and lift away
If ever you break free
From my embrace
If you catch sight of me
In light of day--
Go... Leave me here,
My Grace,
In my debris--"

Their love and doubt is felt so deeply!

This is a true masterpiece! Kudos Uvi! Keep sharing yourself with us!

message 21: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Celebrate with me! My ★★★★★ unique collection of tales Twisted is coming out in an amazing audiobook edition! Join the Writing Contest, listen to my narrator's voice, be here for the cover reveal... And whatever you do, don't miss out!

Let's party! Go to Get Twisted and click Join.

message 22: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Cover Reveal: Twisted (Audiobook Edition)

For the audiobook edition, I adjusted my design not only for the square proportions of the cover, but also for the inclusion of the narrator's name, Heather Jane Hogan. Come here to my blog in the coming days, to hear her voice.

As you can see, the colors used for the text goes from hot orange for the title, to cool light gray-blue for the author's name, to an even cooler dark gray-blue for the narrator's name. This ensures that the book title stays the most distinct text field on the cover, the one that 'jumps' at you. The hot to cold play of hues is also apparent, in a more subtle way, in the background itself. It goes from warm at the left edge to cool at the right.

★★★★★ Print and ebook editions just out!
Get Twisted
★ Audiobook ★ Ebook ★ Print ★

message 23: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Wow, it is so rewarding to hear from a reader of your work, and especially from a reader who has never posted a review before--until now! Thank you!

★★★★★ Love this Author / Artist, August 6, 2013
By james a watts (belmont, mi United States)
Amazon Verified Purchase

The really nice thing about Uvi Pozanski's 'Twisted' is you get three for the price of one! She is a brilliantly multi-talented Author, Poet & Sculptor extraordinaire. Your experience starts out with Job's wife who is still on a Quest for recognition even after her death. She ends up in Hell and her interaction with Satan was to me both telling and hilarious. Uvi's description of Hell is really, well hellish. Very unigue is her intertwinining the Old Testament story with modern day angles. 'Twisted' continues with a beautiful description of the "Creato" creating a Sculptor from the Creation's point of view. Simply brilliant and the picture of the finished work is a must see! Her surprise Poem describing conversation/feelings between the scuptures was almost mystical. There is even more but I will leave that for you to discover. All in all, a great experience and I look forward to rediscovering her work again and again. A sign of truly gifted Artist..

Check out the rave reviews!

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 24: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Wow, just discovered this lovely review by jeannette joyal for Twisted:

★★★★★ Twisted, August 7, 2013
By jeannette joyal
Passion, pain, love and despair each a fabric of human desire. When woven together by words, imagination and insight the possibilities are endless!! In this book contains compelling stories that were beautifully rendered. Each one with it own unique twist that will leave you yearning for more of this brilliant Authors work! All of the stories were excellent,

however there is always one that stands out in your mind. That one for me was about a famous old testament account. This one captured my interest because the main character to my knowledge, has never been discussed much other then just being mentioned briefly. I for one never gave it much thought and took it for face value. However to my surprise a whole new perspective was introduce with a dark twist that I found intriguing!!! I feel privilege for being able to have read such an outstanding and exquisite work of art!!! This in my eyes was a masterpiece! There is also a special surprise contain with in these pages that needs to be read by ones own eyes!!!

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 25: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Born and raised in Russia, Julia Gousseva is the author of several books such as Moscow Dreams and Twelve Months of Soviet Childhood, in which she brings a taste of the literary heritage of her homeland to the American reader. I am greatly honored that she posted this lovely review for Twisted:

★★★★★ Twisted: Art and Life Interwoven, August 8, 2013
By Julia Gousseva "Author of 'Moscow Dreams', a ... - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
"Twisted," a collection of four haunting and addictive stories, provides a fresh and personal interpretation of the juxtaposition of art and life. On the surface, the distinction between art and life is clear: life is real and natural, and art is artificial. But the more you think about this distinction, the more lines get blurred until the Creation and the Creator, the Art and the Artist, become one. This idea has fascinated writers and artists -- and Uvi Poznansky is both, as well as a software engineer! - since at least Victorian times. Oscar Wilde believed that "every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist not of the sitter," referring to the emotions and "soul" that the artist puts into his/her work.

In Uvi Poznansky's book, you will explore this idea and many more (such as that vision is not a gift but a burden) through such characters as a clay figure, a ghostly woman, and a feline creature who never meows. Why? The answer is more complicated than you think. There is a reason this collection is titled "Twisted," and the unexpected but logical answer is on its pages.

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 26: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Wanda "Panda" Hartzenberg is a top rated reviewer. She ranks #3 top readers, #10 best reviewers , #1 top reviewers on Goodreads. So I am deeply honored that she posted this review, on Amazon and Goodreads, for Twisted:

★★★★★ Yes, I loved it!, August 11, 2013
By Wanda "Wandah Panda" (Pretoria, South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twisted (Paperback)
Ive read some of the reviews on thisbook and they have reinforced the main impression I had whilst reading this book!
The author having a strong amd uniques voice never wavers in her storytelling.
Job's wife' s story treated with comedy and sattire is an excellent example. The author paints this character clearly. Still I stepped away from the story thinking that the way the author told this story will make each reader to latch onto something the next reader may dismiss.
Adam in the second story creates the image and referance to biblical creation and him staying mute was both iconic as well as disturbing.
The last two stories follow the same existential pattern whilst the feline in the last book was at the same time a paradox and also an universal icon.
What can I say. Somewhat dark, totally cyclical and thus all encompassing this is a unique strong read.
WaAr

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 27: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments I am announcing a new activity for everyone participating in the launch event of my book! Here is my watercolor, called Spirit, into which I have now brought in the bone princess from the cover of Twisted. So now, I invite you; come into the picture and become a part of the twisting.

Here's how.

message 28: by Uvi (last edited Aug 18, 2013 03:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments About a week ago, Chris The Story Reading Ape contacted me, asking if I would like to write something for him. How could I refuse? It's not every day that such an exotic character, seemingly primitive yet intelligent, comes into my life... Today he posted my article in his place. Check it out:

Twisting My Tale As A Way To Provoke You

★★★★★
★ Twisted ★ A Favorite Son ★ Home ★ Apart From Love ★

message 29: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments There's still time... Come into my twisted universe, just like these brave souls: Linda Miller Thurmond, Vincent Moore, Cindy J. Smith, Jim Watts, Deborah Davidson, and Bonnie Bernard Author... Celebrate my book launch with me! Here's how:

Come Into My Twisted Universe

message 30: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments ☻♥ ☻ (●̮̮̃•̃)●̮̮̮̮̃̃•̃̃) ♥☻ ◠‿◠)
/♥\./♥\ /█\ /█\ /♥\
✰¸.•*¨`*•.. .||. .||. ||_ ||_.||. ¸.•*¨`*•..

Hi, everyone! The Get Twisted event is fast coming to its high point (Wed 08/21 at 12:00 pm PST.)

Don't miss the Grand Finale:
Dance, coffee, desserts, all with a twist
Announcing the 3 front-runners of the contest, plus--surprise!--a wildcard winner, picked by me out of a hat!

So show me some love: invite your friends, the more the merrier! Invite them to Get Twisted

★★★★★ review:
"So immaculately constructed that each work becomes a little treasure to visit repeatedly"
Get Twisted
★ Audiobook ★ Ebook ★ Print ★

message 31: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments The Twisted Twist

Round and round and up and down
The finest story all over town...
Show me love, love deep and real
For Heaven's sake, don't make me kneel
You'll learn to do this:
Get it now, the Twisted Twist!

To hear the twist go here:
The finest story all over town

My ceramic sculpture, Dance With Me, Darling...

message 32: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Lynelle Clark has one of the most endearing sentences in her Goodreads author page. She says, "." But in addition to her book, A Pirate's Wife, she has garnered several top rankings: #4 top users, #4 top readers, #31 top librarians, #44 most followed, and #23 best reviewers. So I am deeply honored that she posted this review on Goodreads for my book, Twisted:

Lynelle Clark's review Aug 22, 13
★★★★★
bookshelves: own-it, review-for-author, relationship, poetry
Read from August 13 to 21, 2013

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Reflections of women seeking their own identity and validation in a world that ignores, misjudge and scoff at them. Written from different view points, each poem has a unique setting, where each is confronted with their own self worth. To be validated. Poetic and honest each poem gives you a deeper look into the physic of her thoughts as she reach out. Sinister in its approach it comes to particular conclusions as their worlds are explored and revealed.
Twisted an interesting name that reveals more than you expected.

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 33: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Round and round, all over town
So it goes, up and down...
You are my twisters; so wherever you are
spread my message, near and far
Let it spin north and south
'Cause all I can hope for is your word-of-mouth

To listen to the closing credits go HERE

message 34: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Good news occur in clusters... So one day after another, five star reviews keep coming in for Twisted.

The first of the two reviews is by Lynelle Clark has one of the most endearing sentences in her Goodreads author page. She says, "I am an Aspiring Writer and is still learning the art." But in addition to her book, A Pirate's Wife, she has garnered several top rankings: #4 top users, #4 top readers, #31 top librarians, #44 most followed, and #23 best reviewers. So I am deeply honored that she posted this review on Goodreads and Amazon.

★★★★★ Unique, August 22, 2013
By Lynelle "Aspiring Writer" (South Africa) - See all my reviews
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Reflections of women seeking their own identity and validation in a world that ignores, misjudge and scoff at them. Written from different view points, each poem has a unique setting, where each is confronted with their own self worth. To be validated. Poetic and honest each poem gives you a deeper look into the physic of her thoughts as she reach out. Sinister in its approach it comes to particular conclusions as their worlds are explored and revealed.
Twisted an interesting name that reveals more than you expected.

★★★★★ Superb!, August 23, 2013
By T. Stockton - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
These are four exquisite stories in one volume that dare pull a reader outside of conventional boxes. A unique amalgamation of imagination, perspective, art, and discovery, Twisted leads a curious mind and seeking soul into the deep. Superb!

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 35: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments I feel so lucky to be invited for a second opportunity, this time for 'a proper chat' with Christoph Fischer is the talented author and highly ranked book reviewer. He also wished to display some of my art, so in addition to my book covers, I gave him a paper sculpture I made, upon which I painted the creation of the world. His first question was:

What fascinates me most about you is that you write, make art and promote yourself. How do you find the time and how do you balance the three?

Want to know my answer? Read it here:
A Proper Chat with Christoph

message 36: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments James DiBenedetto, the author of Dream Student (and other books in this series) currently lives in Arlington, Virginia with his beautiful wife and their cat (who has thoroughly trained them both). I am honored that he posted this review for the audiobook edition of Twisted:

★★★★★ Fascinating, Powerful and Beautiful, August 30, 2013
By James Dibenedetto "starkllr"
This review is from: Twisted (Audible Audio Edition)
Uvi Poznansky's "Twisted" is collection of four short stories and a poem that, collectively, are very difficult to describe. Each of the four tales is "twisted" in its own way:

"I Am What I Am" is the story of Job's wife and her fight to rediscover her name; "The Hollow" is a very brief tale of perception and reality; "I, Woman" tells (possibly) a version of the story of Adam and Eve; and "The One Who Never Leaves" gives us the perspective of an apartment-dwelling cat.

The prose is both beautiful and powerful; the author (who is also an artist) paints with words as deftly as she might apply paint to a canvas, and with the same care and precision.

The stories themselves are all wonderful. I found the tale of Job's wife the most affecting, personally. The author mixes sly humor in as well, especially in "The One Who Never Leaves" and "I, Woman." All four stories are quite moving; the author has great command of emotion and uses it to full effect.

The narration, by voice artist Heather Jane Hogan, is every bit as good, and as powerful, as the prose. The narrator uses her voice expertly; the voice of each of the four stories is completely distinct, but never overpowering the words. She expertly conveys emotion and mood, and the way in which she voices several distinct characters (both male and female, human and otherwise) is amazing.

She's also, quite simply, a pleasure to listen to.

I could not recommend this work more highly; it is truly wonderful and not to be missed.

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 37: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Christian Ashley is an author of Historical Romance, Paranormal Fiction, and Erotic Fantasy. All of her Historical Fiction novels to date, Rose of Gwynedd, In Daddy's Arms, and Dignity, came to her through dreams that evolved with ample research into the historical period being presented. I am truly honored that she posted this review for Twisted:

★★★★★ Exquisitely Warped - I loved it!, September 7, 2013
By Christian Ashley (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Twisted (Paperback)
The unique, artistic, intuitive and often humorous weaving of reality and alternative realities is phenomenally embedded within the collection of tales in TWISTED. Incredibly bent around mythology, theology, her art, and her poetry, Uvi Poznansky has created yet another masterpiece!
APART FROM LOVE was absolutely brilliant, and A FAVORITE SON was captivating and explored the meshing of worldly paradigms. In TWISTED, the satirical portrayal of Job's wife in, I Am What I Am, was my favorite, and I enjoyed reading it again - aloud to my husband who laughed as I had when modern times intertwined with the biblical.

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 38: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Yay! Just discover the first review for the audiobook edition of Twisted (on Audible.com)! Check it out:

Overall ★★★★★
Performance ★★★★★
Story ★★★★★

"Enchanting"
Would you consider the audio edition of Twisted to be better than the print version?
As I love to read, it is difficult to compare, but I have enjoyed every second of hearing it.
Twisted is perfect for narration.

Who was your favorite character and why?
I love the wife of Job in I Am What I Am.

What does Heather Jane Hogan bring to the story that you wouldn’t experience
if you just read the book?
Her narration was perfect.

Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?
Definitely, I laughed.

Any additional comments?
As I mentioned earlier, Twisted is well suited as an audio book with its four artistically
described tales. The recording quality was outstanding.

Customer review

message 39: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Bargain sale: Four Fabulous Books!

☻/
/▌
/ \ Looking for a great read?
Check these out: $.99 each (a third of the original price) today only, but that's not the reason to get them--the reviews are!

Check them out:
★★★★★
★ Twisted ★ A Favorite Son ★ Home ★ Apart From Love ★

message 40: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments I listen. I catch a word here and there, and somehow I get it. No longer is it Greek to me. Or perhaps it is.
“But why? What is she to you?” says a trembling, shrill voice. “Why even come here for her? Just a tramp, is what she is.”
And in grumble—louder than the whirlwind—another voice says, “Now, who are you to ask?”
“Forgive me... I am nothing, nothing before you. Crush me if you will. I am dust, dust under your feet... But you, you have more important things to do. Let her rot.”
“Gird up now your loins like a man; for I will demand of you, and you shall answer me. Where were you when I laid the foundations of this realm? Declare, if you have any understanding!”
“I am nothing... Nothing but dust—”
“Who has laid the measures thereof, if you know? Or who has stretched the line upon it?”
“I bow,” the thin voice trembles. “I bow before you. Oh please, forgive me.”
And splosh! I hear the poor devil plodding away, wading through some slush.
A minute later, the footfalls of the other march up the road in the other direction, until finally the ground under me stops rumbling.
So I turn on my belly and crawl, finding my way in the dark, till at last I peek out—if only by a nose—through the mouth of the cave. Which allows me, for the first time, to take in the view.

Get ★★★★★ #fantasy TWISTED:
AudioEbookPrint

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 41: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments I am so grateful for the third opportunity to be featured on Brian M. Hayden's blog! He is a dear friend, and the author of The Road to Transplant (and more books) where he takes you along to witness the final mile on his incredible journey to a heart transplant.

My guest post takes you into a fall through an elevator shaft:

The Descent into a Different Realm

message 42: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments I am delighted to find a new review, written by the author of The Trap, D.W. Hendrick.
Here is what he writes about my book, Twisted:

★★★★★ Intuitive and Captivating, September 30, 2013
By D.W.Headrick
Amazon Verified Purchase

Uvi Poznanski has once again authenticated her status as an amazing artist - one who can personify and clearly, believably speak to the reader through a myriad of voices; human or inhuman, animate or inanimate. If the author wants us to feel empathy, we cry; when she invokes horror, we shiver... and all of this for a captive cat, a clay figure, a woman in a relationship free-fall, or the Biblical wife of Job appealing to Satan in Hell.

This is a stunning novel by an extraordinary writer. Do yourself a favor and invest in a work of art - purchase Ms. Uvi Poznanski's "TWISTED". Five very enthusiastic stars.

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 43: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments “Hell,” I blurt. “Where am I?”
To which a voice says, “You can say that again.”
I cast a quick glance this way and that, and see—just outside the mouth of the cave—two figures standing guard. Only they are standing upside down, perfectly frozen. Icy wings hang down from their shoulders, broken. And splinters are scattered on the dirt all around them. They are so still that it seems they have been carved from pillars of salt—if not for their feet twitching up there, above me.
Clenching my jaws so they stop clattering I manage to say, “Who are you?”
The only answer I can hear is a groan from the left, somewhat muffled this time. Turning right I bend down to take a good look at the other guard. Why is he silent?
“Who,” I repeat, “are you?”
His head is now barely visible; eyes and nose already submerged, he seems to struggle for air. Mud is flowing into his white mouth, and at the surface, froth starts regurgitating.
“Fallen angels are a dime a dozen around here,” grumbles a throaty voice from above. Her foot kicks some more muck in his direction. “Some,” she says, “have no names at all.”

Lot's wife in Twisted

My quick sketch, blue acrylic on paper, untitled

★★★★★ review:
"So immaculately constructed that each work becomes a little treasure to visit repeatedly"
Get Twisted

message 44: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Halloween is near... Here is a little dab of darkness

"So at the end of an unbearably drawn out, tense second, here it is: she gives a jerk—a sharp one, mind you! And with a click, she brings in a host of shadows by turning on the twisted lamp by her side.
What do I care? I am busy, trying to imagine sun. Curling around myself, eyes half-open, I pass my tongue around my fangs. Here, it is coming to me: a radiant, blood-red sun. Sky—ground—birds—flap, flap, leap!—throats—
I feel her looking at me, trying, perhaps, to decipher the sudden flash in my slit pupils. I flick her with my tail. The shadows—small and large, sharp and fuzzy—all flick their tails at her..."

Feline creature in Twisted

Treat yourself to a gift!
Get Twisted

message 45: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments He turns to me with a sly look. To my surprise, his smile—even with those sharp fangs—is quite endearing.
“Job’s wife, I presume? Hallelujah! I have been expecting for you for quite a long while,” says Satan. His voice is sweet. He must have sung in a choir in his youth, because in some ways he sounds as pious as my husband. “Shame, shame, shame on you,” he wags his finger. “You sure made me wait, didn’t you...”
And without allowing time for an answer, he brings a magnifying glass to his bloodshot eye. Enlarged, his pupil is clearly horizontal and slit-shaped. Which makes me feel quite at home with him, because so are the pupils of the goats in the herds we used to own.
Meanwhile, Satan unfolds a piece of paper and runs his finger through some names listed there. Then, with a gleam of satisfaction he marks a checkbox there, right in the middle of the crinkled page. At once, a whiff of smoke whirls in the air. Satan blows off a few specks of charred paper, folds the thing and tucks it into his breast pocket, somewhere in his wool. Cashmere, I ask myself? Really? In this heat?

Job's wife in Twisted

★★★★★ review:

message 46: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments From my upcoming book, The David Chronicles: Rise to Power

The tip of my pen is dull, and the ink has dried, but that cannot stop me from writing. Nothing will. I am grasping for power once again, but in a different way than I did back then. This time I can see, with great clarity, that power does not come from the crown.
At long last I have no urge anymore to keep my grasp on it. Now I know, power comes from within, from something else entirely: my skill with words. I wish I would have recognized it a long time ago, on my first visit to the royal court. Perhaps then I would have become a poet. Not a King.
It is still a long time from daybreak, and the girl’s breast heaves as she mumbles something, some unclear word. She is so close at hand and yet, so far out of my reach.
When I was first crowned, I was such a vigorous young man that no illness could keep me away from my dear wives and concubines. If I would catch a cold, all of them would be sneezing. I know, somehow, that unlike all the women I have had, Abishag is the one I will never know.
I hold my breath until she lulls herself back to sleep. Faint shadows start dancing on the wall. I read the shapes, trying to invent someone, a listener. You.
I whisper, Come in... Call me insane, who cares? Who the hell cares if you refuse to trust me, if you insist on clinging to your kind of reality, which is as dull as it is solid... Mine, I insist, is not a dream. But even if it is... Even so, it is true! How can you deny it? Here is my story. I am opening it up to you.
I can see why at first glance what you see here—these records which I jotted here, on these papyrus rolls—may seem scattered, even scary. I understand why you step back from my door, why look over your shoulder to find the guard...
Come in! Will you? Will you read these scribblings? Can you see my sword, which I have drawn here, look! Can you see it the way I do, lifting out of the ink and into the air, turning magically over, around and around, right in the center of the space? If you can, then—by the flash of it—I shall take you along, to leap with me into the surface of the steely thing. Into my reflection.

David, in my upcoming book, The David Chronicles Vol. I: Rise to Power

My quick color sketch, David Playing Before Saul

message 47: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Through the skin of my closed eyelids I could sense a sudden change. Blocking the sun, her shadow came crawling upon me, until suddenly it stopped. Which was when—with no warning, and no respect for the departed, either—she gripped my arm, rolled me aside and to my surprise, hopped in.
Unfortunately, there was no mistaking her smell. I used to think it was the dirt caking, layer after layer, on her bare feet. Yes, that must have explained it! But somehow it reeked even worse now, perhaps because these elegant straps of leather grazed into the dirt, peeling it from her heel. Oh hell, I croaked, wishing I could turn away.
Not now, go away, Leila.
I could hear the heavy flapping of her breast and at once, the ground under me shook. It opened—by God, the ground split open under her sharp, pointy heels, and scream! My hair was flying straight up, my jaw dropped open...

Job's Wife in Twisted

My charcoal on paper drawing

★★★★★ review:
"In her potent style, Uvi Poznansky weaves mythology with modernity"
Get Twisted

message 48: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Win!!!

Here's your chance to win! A select group of authors has joined forces with me, to bring you amazing stories, narrated by great voice actors. Take a listen to voice clips from the audiobooks, and join for a chance to win one of them!

Join the Raffle Extravaganza

message 49: by Uvi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uvi Poznansky | 844 comments Two new reviews for Twisted:

First one: John A. Miller is the author of Author of Gladstone, You’ll be Sorry! and Friends and Strangers. He is also a truck driver, which makes his point of view a unique one. I am thrilled that he posted this review, having listened to the audio edition of Twisted:

★★★★★ More deep thoughts and storys., November 6, 2013
By John A. miller (tennessee,usa)

Once again I had the pleasure of listening to another audible book by Uvi Poznansky. This time I enjoyed "Twisted" on CD. The one word to define Uvi would be "Wordsmith." The way she uses verses in her books are remarkable. The accounts to detail and the way she expresses to the reader or in this case the listener is works of art. My favorite again from "Twisted" was called "The one who wouldn't leave." I won't tell you what it's about, but trust me it was a good story and I enjoyed every minute of it. So, In closing I must say that I recommend this book if you want to sit back and enjoy some of her deep thoughts again and I did find some slight humor there also. I give it 5 stars and looking forward to more of her work in the future. One final note, the narrator on the audio book was terrific. I enjoyed Heather Jane Hogan doing the different voices to the character's and her voice was a pleasure to listen to

★★★★★ By a poetic genius., November 2, 2013
By Larry Winebrenner (Miami Gardens, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase

I'm twisted. What's not to love? You don't actually be twisted to enjoy these stories, but it helps a lot.

Twisted by Uvi Poznansky

message 50: by Carolynn (new) - added it

Carolynn (Molly.Groot) Evans  (molly_groot) | 38 comments Uvi wrote: "Through the skin of my closed eyelids I could sense a sudden change. Blocking the sun, her shadow came crawling upon me, until suddenly it stopped. Which was when—with no warning, and no respect fo..." Your art so touches me... I enjoy your writing as well, but I look forward to your posts on a daily basis, hoping for new art. I really love this one. Thank you for sharing. May I share it? (giving you credit, of course)

--Carolynn

« previous 1 3