Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Sage Advice
This topic is about Sage Advice
Adding New Books > Can you fix the wrong blurb?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan Laine (susan_laine_author) | 142 comments The blurb for Sage Advice is wrong. Can you change it to the following?

Blurb:
"Piper is a ballet dancer who has lost his footing—literally. Now his dreams are shot and he’s depressed enough that his best friend, Sage, lures him into a night of drinking and games. Except the game is truth or dare, and they end up doing less drinking and more confessing. Hidden secrets spill out and brazen acts draw the two men closer as they discover what really matters: if they’re winners or losers in the game of love."

I tried to do it myself, but I'm not a librarian.

Thank you kindly in advance :)

message 2: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 2065 comments Done

message 3: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan Laine (susan_laine_author) | 142 comments Catalina wrote: "Done"

Thank you kindly, Catalina :)

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (dressagerider) | 6 comments I made the blurb for an edition to That Summer too vague. The link to that edition is http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

Could someone please change it to:

For fifteen-year-old Haven-tall, lanky, bordering on six feet-it's a summer framed by two weddings: her father's to Lorna Queen (the "Weather Pet" of the local TV station) and her sister's to dull-as-dishwater Lewis Warsher, a boy Haven can't imagine plucky Ashley being attracted to. Nothing seems stable except Haven's memories-especially those of the summer when Ashley dated Sumner Lee, who made her parents laugh and loosened Ashley up. Around Sumner, even Haven felt special. Suddenly Sumner reappears in her life, a link to that perfect past-and her future.

Thank you very much.

message 5: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (dressagerider) | 6 comments I was wondering if someone could also fix the blurb for Disney Tangled Read Along Storybook and CD. Currently it says this is an alternate edition. The link is

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

It should read (based on the back of the book):

From Hair to There

Rapunzel has never left her tower in the woods. Then one day a thief named Flynn finds her, and the pair begins a journey across the kingdom. Turn the pages at the sound of the chime to follow along with this hair-raising tale. The CD includes word-for-word narration, sound effects, and character voices from the hit movie Tangled!

Thank you very much.

message 6: by ❂ Murder by Death (last edited Jun 06, 2013 05:14PM) (new)

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) #5 Done.

message 7: by Bea (new)

Bea Done

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (dressagerider) | 6 comments Thank you very much. I caught one last blurb on my bookshelf that needs fixing. For Drak's Slumber Party (Monster Kids # 1) at http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

the blurb should read (based on the back of the book):

Life isn't easy for a third-grade monster. Drak's just trying to fit in. That's why his slumber party has to be the best. But, uh-oh, Drak's blood-sucking cousins have just showed up! Can he save his friends and the party? Will Drak survive the night?

Thank you very much.

message 9: by ❂ Murder by Death (last edited Jun 06, 2013 05:14PM) (new)

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) #8 Done.