Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Awesome Author Interviews > AOTM June - Interview with Michele Miller

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle (Dannie) (daniellers2012) | 251 comments This month we will be interviewing our very own Mod Michele Miller!!

She is the author of Never Let You Fall, which is her first book!! I highly recommend reading it if you can! :)

Please do not hesitate to add or ask any questions that I may not have included below!

Thank you everyone!

~Danielle~
The Fab Five Monthly Updates Mod

Danielle (Dannie) (daniellers2012) | 251 comments What is your favorite time of day (or night) to write?

Is there anyone (or more) who is an inspiration for your characters?

What caused you to decide to become a writer?

Who are your favorite author(s) and/or book(s)?

Do you have a favorite genre of book to write?

Why did you choose to write this genre of book?

How do you balance writing with other things in your life?

What are your favorite hobbies, besides writing?

Do you research any areas for your books?

How do you come up with the ideas for charcters & plots in your books?

Do you have any animals? If so what kind? What is your favorite animal?

How would you describe yourself?

Do you have any other job(s) besides writing?

Do you have any favorite quotes or parts of your book(s)?

Can you tell us a little about the books you have read?

Who would you choose to be the person you want to meet the most?

What are you working on next?

Tell us something about you that nobody else knows.

OTHER QUESTIONS ASKED IN PREVIOUS AOTM'S"

Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream?

Beach or Mountains?

Gold or Silver?

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele Miller (chelemybelles) | 727 comments First Let me say hi and THANK YOU to the fabulous members and mods of LOP for having me this month. As one of the original members of LOP and a 'former' MOD I can truly say this group rocks! I have missed getting to interact with ya'll as much as I used to this year due to writing but I still LOVE you and I love PN!

What is your favorite time of day (or night) to write?
- I usually write during the day while my kids are in school as a practicality thing. However, I will say that I tend to feel more creative late at night.

Is there anyone (or more) who is an inspiration for your characters?
- Actually there isn't. I mean visually I had a few pics of people that I modeled them from but as far as ppl I know no. Now in book 2 there is a character I've written in after a senior that I know and love as a bit of a tribute to her ;)

What caused you to decide to become a writer?
- I've always loved writing and literature. I wrote student pieces on the yearbook staff in high school and played with my own stories/poetry all the time through the years. It was really a combination of several people telling me I could do it and my husband badgering me about giving it a try after all these years.

Who are your favorite author(s) and/or book(s)?
- There are so many! One person that I always have to mention is Amy Barol and her Premonition Series. Amy is amazingly sweet and supportive and her books ROCK!

Do you have a favorite genre of book to write?
I really love romance. Not sexmance but romance. I love seeing people connect. Whether it's a Fantasy setting or New Adult or YA or paranormal I don't think I really care- the one thing I imagine I will always write will be something with a romantic story involved.

Why did you choose to write this genre of book?
It chose me! The basic idea for a book had been in my head for around 2 years. When I decided to seriously try writing I started with an Adult Contemp Rom. I wrote about 10K words and then fizzled out bc Never Let You Fall was itching to get out of me. I love heroes and PN/Fantasy books just lend themselves so well to having heroes.

How do you balance writing with other things in your life?
It's tough. I certainly let things slip, like house cleaning and cooking. I'm blessed in that I get to be a stay at home mom so while the kids are in school I can TRY to work on the majority of my writing/promoting stuff. I try to be as present as my mind will allow me to be for my family during the hours of 4-9 then I typically jump back online.

What are your favorite hobbies, besides writing?
- reading obviously. These two things have taken over my life. I used to say working out was a hobby but that too has slipped this year. We do love hiking and being outdoors as a family

Do you research any areas for your books?
I have done a lot of research of medieval life and castles for the Prophecy of Tyalbrook series. My setting/time period is fictitious so I can play with it but I base a lot of it off of early medieval times.

How do you come up with the ideas for characters & plots in your books?
- I get a ton of inspiration from music. There is a song that I heard in the car one day and I was immediately able to draft out an entire book in 15 minutes due to that one song.
- Others just come to me.

Do you have any animals? If so what kind? What is your favorite animal?
- We have two dogs. Phineas a malti/shzu and Bear is a red merle Aussie. I love dogs but as for favorite animal I'm a bear lover- all types I think.

How would you describe yourself?
Goofy, outgoing, loyal, amazing, fabulous...ok scratch the last two! I am a big kid at heart. I love to dance around a room and sing at the top of my lungs, I love YA themes books, shows, movies. I try to stay young at heart especially when raising my own teen now :O

Do you have any other job(s) besides writing?
Just being wife and mommy. I also do a lot of volunteer work. Those 3 things are the ones that pay in love and a big happy heart.

Do you have any favorite quotes or parts of your book(s)?
- Yes, hehehe. Did you want to hear them? I tell you what I will share a few excerpts this month here as we go.

Can you tell us a little about the books you have read?
- My favorite PN genre would be angels. I LOVE me some angels with The Premonition Series and then Sweet Evil/Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins being two of my favorite series.
- I have read a lot of historical romances, Judith McNaught is my 'old school' favorite.
- I enjoy a good dystopian. The book Raksha by Frankie Rose is amazeballs!
- I also like a little it of smexy! Karina Halle's Sins and Needles and Jessica Sorensen or Georgia Cates write great New Adult/Adult titles I love too.

Who would you choose to be the person you want to meet the most?
- This is such a hard question. There are so many figures that I think it would be amazing to meet in this world. People who do amazing things everyday, save lives or make a real difference in the world.
- I went on a mission trip this winter to NYC to do work with homeless and inner city communities and after meeting so many amazing people with so little your world changes. Right now if I could meet with anyone I would love to meet with law makers and people who can help make changes to the way we assist those who are in need the most. That sounds very Ms. America of me doesn't it. I guess that's just my heart right now. PLUS, I'm heading to UtopYA Con at the end of this month and I will be hanging with some of my favorite writers in the world so I guess I'm pretty content right now!

What are you working on next?
I'm working on book 2 right now with a little dash of romantic comedy on the side.

Tell us something about you that nobody else knows.
HA! I don't think I have anything that secret. Let me think about that and perhaps I will come back with something to share later this month.

OTHER QUESTIONS ASKED IN PREVIOUS AOTM'S"

Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream? - chocolate

Beach or Mountains? - I'm live in the middle of both so I love them both! We do the mountains more though bc that is a day trip for us.

Gold or Silver? Silver

message 4: by Michele (new)

Michele Miller (chelemybelles) | 727 comments Just wanted to let you guys know that Bex 'N' Books on FB or the blog http://bexnbooks.blogspot.com/ is spotlighting me this month and running a pretty cool rafflecopter if you're interested in entering!

Lots of <3 to ya LOPs! I will check back in with you guys if you have any questions for me :)

message 5: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments I have a quick question (which I hope you haven't already answered) but What is the name of the series? and how many books will there be?

message 6: by Michele (new)

Michele Miller (chelemybelles) | 727 comments Hey Gabby! The series is called 'The Prophecy of Tyalbrook' There will be three books for sure but I will admit to playing with the idea of adding more if the story is there and the fans want more. I think there are so many stories that can be told in this world!

message 7: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments Awesome :)