DC Public Library discussion

General > Summer Reading Review Thread

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (last edited Jun 06, 2013 08:34AM) (new)

Maria | 159 comments Mod
Summer reading isn't just for kids anymore!
DCPL is hosting our own summer reading program for adults. You can sign up at any library location and read as much or as little as you'd like. Submit short reviews in person at your local library for reusable shopping bags and the chance to win an e-reader.

You can ask us questions about adult summer reading here, and let us know what you've been reading and reviewing as well.

Is anyone signed up yet? If so, did you plant your seed bookmark?

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Price (mpricejr) | 10 comments Maria wrote: "Submit short reviews in person at your local library for reusable shopping bags and the chance to win an e-reader...."

Don't forget that graphic novels and audiobooks count just as much a regular books. Increase your odds of winning an e-reader by submitting multiple reviews. The library wants to know what you think about what you're reading.

message 3: by Molly (new)

Molly | 3 comments I just signed up yesterday at Petworth! We did not hear anything about a seed bookmark, but I do have a question about the review sheets: should reviews all be in that format, and is there a template available online so I can print them out on my own, or should I pick up extra copies the next time I'm at the library?

message 4: by Elsbeth (new)

Elsbeth (elsbethatthelibrary) | 7 comments Molly wrote: "I just signed up yesterday at Petworth! We did not hear anything about a seed bookmark, but I do have a question about the review sheets: should reviews all be in that format, and is there a templa..."

Hi Molly, thanks for signing up. The reason you didn't hear anything about the seed bookmark is because we have had so many people sign up, we are already out of the bookmarks. We are working on getting more so next time you stop in, please ask about it!

We currently don't have an online template but you are welcome to come in and take as many as you need from the information desk. Or come in and talk to me (Elsbeth, Adult Librarian) and I may be able to email you the template.

Good luck!