r/books discussion

Foundation (Foundation, #1)
This topic is about Foundation
Book-Related Discussion > Foundation (Asimov)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Yuki (yukinakamura6556) | 12 comments Has anyone read the Foundation series, or currently reading it? I just finished Foundation #1 and damn, that was an amazing read. It was one of those few books that have me muttering, "Genius, genius, fucking genius" every page of the way. I hate to compare it with Ender's Game(they are both sci-fi after all, and they are probably the only [classic] sci-fi books I have read in my life) but Foundation really takes the cake.

What do you guys think? I'm currently hounding for Foundation #2 (but to read it only after I finished Norwegian Wood - it has been in my backlog for so long).

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Thanks for bringing this series to my attention, it sounds very interesting! I will certainly give it a try sometime.

Alex (alexgmcm) | 41 comments I read them all (the original Foundation trilogy) a few years ago. They are really awesome. I wish I could major in Psychohistory :p

message 4: by Darliza (new)

Darliza (parentheticals) | 92 comments I've read the first book, and the I, Robot collection of short stories and Asimov is a genius. I should probably continue and read the next books but I'm currently torn between this series and the Dune chronicles. So many books, too little time!