Proud of being a book addict! discussion

Books in general > What are you currently reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Betina (new)

Betina (betina1) | 356 comments Mod
I just finished Once a Witch (Witch, #1) by Carolyn MacCullough and started reading Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood #2) by J.R. Ward today

message 2: by Rikke (new)

Rikke Andersen | 167 comments Mod
I am reading Kongens død by Lars-Henrik Olsen :)

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 11 comments I'm currently reading The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead :)

message 4: by Rikke (new)

Jasmine wrote: "I'm currently reading The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead :)"

I´ve never heard of that book :) is it good?

message 5: by Betina (new)

Jasmine wrote: "I'm currently reading The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead :)"

Is that series good? I have been thinking about reading it :)

message 6: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 11 comments Rikke wrote: "Jasmine wrote: "I'm currently reading The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead :)"

I´ve never heard of that book :) is it good?"

Hmm this is the third in the series and i really like it! Perhaps you should try it if you're a fan of vampire books :)
The characters are really humourous and witty too :D
And i like the romance ~

message 7: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 11 comments Betina wrote: "Jasmine wrote: "I'm currently reading The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead :)"

Is that series good? I have been thinking about reading it :)"

Yupp, I love it so far and I think it's one of my new favourite series :D

message 8: by Rikke (new)

Jasmine: It definately sounds like something I would like :) I really enjoy vampire books, especially with some romance and the humor ;D it looks like a good book - I am gonna add it to my to-read list :)

message 9: by Betina (new)

Jasmine wrote: "Betina wrote: "Jasmine wrote: "I'm currently reading The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead :)"

Yupp, I love it so far and I think it'..."

Okay... Then I'll go shopping for books xD lol

message 10: by Jalil (new)

Jalil (behzadaryan) i Dont read BOOK

message 11: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 11 comments Rikke wrote: "Jasmine: It definately sounds like something I would like :) I really enjoy vampire books, especially with some romance and the humor ;D it looks like a good book - I am gonna add it to my to-read ..."

Ohhh that's good! Hope you will enjoy it as much as i did! :D

message 12: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 11 comments Betina wrote: "Jasmine wrote: "Betina wrote: "Jasmine wrote: "I'm currently reading The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead :)"

Yupp, I love it so far..."

:)

message 13: by Laura (last edited Jun 11, 2013 09:48AM) (new)

Laura | 156 comments Jasmine wrote: "I'm currently reading The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead :)"

*Envying you* I can't wait to get my hands on it! ;D

I'm just about to start The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long cause I have to return it to the library in 2 days ;)

message 14: by Betina (new)

I just finished reading Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood #2) by J.R. Ward and I think I'll start reading Hidden (House of Night, #10) by P.C. Cast

message 15: by Rikke (new)

I hope you will enjoy the book Betina :) I really liked it, can´t wait till nr. 11 comes out ;D

message 16: by Betina (new)

Yeah.. I'm really looking forward to reading it... But I can't remember what happens in #9 xD I'll have to read the blurb ;)

message 17: by Rikke (new)

I don´t remember that either :D

message 18: by Maja (new)

Maja Marchmann | 4 comments I'm reading The Great Gatsby, and a Doctor Who book o.o

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura | 156 comments I'm reading Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia

message 20: by Betina (new)

I just started reading Hidden (House of Night, #10) by P.C. Cast

message 21: by Rikke (new)

Maja: What do you think of The Great Gatsby so far? :) I´ve been thinking about watching the movie :)

Laura: Do you like it? I read it a few weeks ago and I really liked it :)

Betina: Hope you´ll enjoy the book :) Tell me what you think when you´ve read some more :)

message 22: by Betina (new)

I will Rikke.. So far it's good, though it's weird reading it, when I don't remember much of the previous book xD

message 23: by Rikke (new)

Yeah, thats why I usally don´t read series untill I have almost all the books ;D

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura | 156 comments Rikke wrote: "Maja: What do you think of The Great Gatsby so far? :) I´ve been thinking about watching the movie :)

Laura: Do you like it? I read it a few weeks ago and I really liked it :)

Betina: Hope you´l..."

I had to stop reading it cause The Indigo Spell arrived at my local library, and I've been dying to read it :)

message 25: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenjohnson) Currently reading 'In cold blood'.

message 26: by Laura (new)

Laura | 156 comments Currently reading A Great and Terrible Beauty

message 27: by Betina (new)

I'm currently reading Shadow Kiss

message 28: by Mara (new)

Mara Finished: Across the Great Barrier (Frontier Magic, #2) by Patricia C. Wrede (3 stars)

Now re-reading: The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan

message 29: by Betina (new)

Jus started reading Assets (Balance Sheet, #1) by Shannon Dermott .. Was gifted a free (kindle) copy by the author in exchange for an honest review :)

message 30: by Christine (new)

Christine Feldman I just finished The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman and enjoyed it a lot. I love Neil Gaiman's writing style--although this time I thought there was something reminiscent of Stephen King with the mysterious sort of menace.

message 31: by Rikke (new)

I just finished Kongens død by Lars-Henrik Olsen (5 stars) I really liked it :)

Now I am reading Moonsong (The Vampire Diaries The Hunters, #2) by L.J. Smith

message 32: by Betina (last edited Aug 12, 2013 11:02AM) (new)

Just finished reading Assets (Balance Sheet, #1) by Shannon Dermott (4,75 stars)

Just continued reading Slangens gave (Skammerens børn, #3) by Lene Kaaberbøl (5 stars)

message 33: by Rikke (new)

Yesterday I finished reading Moonsong (The Vampire Diaries The Hunters, #2) by L.J. Smith (4 stars)

Just started reading Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine

message 34: by Linda (new)

Linda Ruth Horowitz (lindaruthhorowitz) | 2 comments ...dear Book Addicts,
I am an author living in Copenhagen and have recently published a novel, titled 'While the Sands Whisper.' It would be wonderful if readers in this group would like to read and review my book, giving reviews in either Danish or English.

Just let me know which format to send it in; and i'll be glad to send you the best e-book file for review. And if u live in Copenhagen, I have a couple of copies in paperback.

While the Sands Whisper by Linda Ruth Horowitz
Links: www.whilethesandswhisper.com
www.facebook.com/whilethesandswhisper

message 35: by Angie (new)

Angie | 59 comments I'm reading the grove of the sun by parvathi ramkumar and feed by Mira Grant.

message 36: by Betina (new)

I'm currently reading The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare :D

message 37: by Angie (new)

Angie | 59 comments I've finished the grove of the sun , so now I'll add Wild Wolf's twisted tales.

message 38: by Gianluca (new)

Gianluca (gianlucag) Almost done re-reading A Crown of Swords.

message 39: by Josefine (last edited Oct 08, 2013 11:56PM) (new)

Josefine | 4 comments I'm currently reading The Mortal Instruments Den tavse by (Dødens instrumenter #2) by Cassandra Clare

message 40: by Laura (new)

Laura | 156 comments Just finished reading Legend by Maria Lu.

message 41: by Betina (new)

Laura wrote: "Just finished reading Legend by Maria Lu."

Is it good? :)

message 42: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama Louisiana Longshot (Miss Fortune Mystery #1) by Jana Deleon
Read the first chapter....so far so good.
Kinda reminds me of "Miss Congeniality"

message 43: by Angie (new)

Angie | 59 comments I'm on house of leaves by Mark z danielewski and deadline by Mira Grant.

The first one is intense and the second one is book 2 of a zombie apocalypse book.

message 44: by Laura (new)

Laura | 156 comments Betina wrote: "Laura wrote: "Just finished reading Legend by Maria Lu."

Is it good? :)"

It was fine. I’d expected it to be better because of all the hype, but it was okay. I rated it 3/5 ;)

Just finished Play With Me, and trying to get though Mastiff by Tamora Pierce :)

message 45: by Rikke (new)

I just started reading Den Forkerte Død (Den Store Djævlekrig, 3) by Kenneth Bøgh Andersen These books are really good ;D

message 46: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama Oath of Gold (The Deed of Paksenarrion, #3) by Elizabeth Moon

Oath of Gold (3rd in the Deed of Paksenarrion)
Elizabeth Moon

message 47: by Rikke (new)

Mama wrote: "Oath of Gold (The Deed of Paksenarrion, #3) by Elizabeth Moon

Oath of Gold (3rd in the Deed of Paksenarrion)
Elizabeth Moon"

Are they good? :)

message 48: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama Rikke, the first book was a lot of info and intro. Setting the character of Paks.
I may go back and read it again, now that I know what is going in.

The 2 and 3rd book are better than the first, faster paced, more action, more dialoge.
There have been points on the 3rd that I didn't want to put it down.

Perhaps it was just a busy time while I was reading the first, but I will try again to give a fair review. Because the next books are good. IMO.

I love strong female characters, swords, magic, etc.

message 49: by Rikke (new)

Mama wrote: "Rikke, the first book was a lot of info and intro. Setting the character of Paks.
I may go back and read it again, now that I know what is going in.

The 2 and 3rd book are better than the first, f..."

Think I will read them - sounds like very good books :)

message 50: by Betina (new)

I just started reading Finale (Hush, Hush, #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick

« previous 1