I Am the Messenger I Am the Messenger discussion

I hated the ending at first, but have now digested it and think I like it.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (last edited Jun 06, 2013 12:32AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam Funderburk It felt as though I read a cruel joke at first, but I now kind of enjoy the fact that the author chose to make a point that he/they have the power to create words in order to present a message they deem worthy enough to share with the world. That is if I interpreted it correctly! What did you guys think? Oh and read "The Book Thief" regardless of your opinion of this book.....It is fantastic!!

Georgina Monk Yeah I mean I guess I didn't really get it at first but now thinking of it like that, I do like the idea a lot - It's a refreshing ending in the way it's quite different and suggests the power of writers. But although I did like this book, it was so ordinary compared to the Book thief!

Nikki i love this book and i thought that the ending was cool, different from other books, it was refreshing. and the end of the book thief was just sad.

Amber I read this book awhile ago and struggled last night to remember HOW it ended! I still cant remember who was sending him the cards. . . Time to crack open this book again I guess. Haha.

I agree with everyone, The book thief was a fantastic read.

Suge It was a conflicting ending but I felt that it helped the main character come through some issues with resolve with his friends and his family, and even with people who didn't know him that well. I thought the ending was interesting. I really enjoyed the book as a whole.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved this books and the ending was horribly cruel, and I ended up crying. But I think it was necessary in the whole book. It really shows the hardships that survivors would go through, and what it's like. So yeah, I hated the ending but at the same time I loved it, if that makes any sense at all.

Felicia I'm not sure what I think of the ending. I'm not totally thrilled by it. I thought the book was really good, though! I can't make my peace with the ending.