Books, Blogs, Authors and More discussion

Archive Writing Tips > Need an Affordable Editor?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Annett (danielle-annett) Hey Everyone, I am a freelance editor with current availability for new clients. I am professional and affordable and will help you make your MS the best it can be. I will ensure that your MS is as error free as possible and will not strip the 'you' from your work!

Name: Coffee and Characters Editing
What kind of editing: proofreading, copy editing, line editing, content editing
More info can be found at: http://daniellecromero.blogspot.com/p...

My rates begin as low as $175 and if you have multiple works I do offer a reduced rate.

You can also email me at coffeeandcharacters@gmail.com for more information

message 2: by Frankie (new)

Frankie (readernc) | 2 comments My background includes creating and editing Computer Technical Manuals for over 20 years. Since 2009, I have been a Beta, Proof Reader and Copy Editor for numerous authors. In addition, I have edited over 900 Independent books and the authors have reported being extremely pleased with my work.

I edit at reasonable prices as a way of giving support to Independent Authors who have given me so much entertainment. When I saw the obscene prices editing firms were charging, I was appalled. I don't think you should have to pay those exorbitant prices to get your work finished. I believe that the author is the one with the talent. Therefore, your voice will be maintained at all times. Any suggestions for changes to the actual story will be made via comment in the margin. I offer assistance to you in getting your book to a stage where you will not have bad reviews based on editing.

My services are available for any genre with the exception of Erotica and Atheist material.

Complete Copy Editing Services includes the following:

Correct typographical errors and inconsistencies
Correct errors in sentence structure and word usage
Highlight content that might require permission from a third party, including but not limited to song lyrics, photos, illustrations, poems, newspaper articles, and text.
Correct errors in commonly known facts

You will receive two passes of edits using Track Changes to show the suggested revisions. You will have complete control as to what changes you accept.

http://frankiesfreelanceediting.blogs...

message 3: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Rae | 10 comments My name is Nikki and I've been writing and editing for over ten years. I have a Bachelor's in Literature and Creative Writing and I have experience in work shopping and revising all sorts of writing--from poems and essays to full-length novels.

I am also an independent author. My first book, Sunshine has been featured on Amazon Bestseller lists since it was released on January 28, 2013. I learned a lot through publishing independently, one of them being that you need a good editor and a good editor that you trust with your work. I know how daunting the task of finding an editor is for even the most experienced of us, and I decided a while ago that I wanted to make the process easier for fellow writers.

I'm part of an editing team called Metamorphosis, and they have some spots open for the fall! Experienced editors at low prices. Because we're writers;we're not made of money!
http://metamorphosiseditingservices.b...
or email us: Metamorphosiseditingservice@gmail.com
We'd love to hear from you!

message 4: by Stacy (new)

Stacy Juba | 15 comments I've recently launched an editing service and have a special introductory price. I will read the first 50 pages (doublespaced) of a manuscript for an introductory low price of $25 payable in advance via Paypal. That equates to 50 cents per page if you’d like me to read more than 50 pages.

What makes me unique? I ask that manuscript pages be SNAIL-MAILED to me as I prefer to mark them up the old-fashioned way. I do much more line editing than many other editors do for an affordable price because it is so easy for me to write a note or cross out a word as I’m reading. I won’t rewrite your book, but you may see repetitive words circled, suggestions for stronger verbs, words or lines crossed out with an explanation about why, and comments in the margins. This is how editors at publishing houses used to do it and I find that it’s much less intimidating for authors to look over edits in their favorite chair than to scroll through pages and pages of comments on a computer screen.

You will receive the overall editorial letter in both e-mailed and print formats so that you’ll get an overview of my suggestions while you wait for your pages to arrive in the mailbox. I will give overall thoughts on content, structure, characterization, pacing, dialogue, and other elements of the story.

I am the author of several published novels and have made the Nook Top 5 list and the Kindle Top 30 Paid List. I have also written more than 3,000 articles and won several writing awards.

Please visit the editing page of my web site for more information: http://stacyjuba.com/blog/editorial-s...

and the About Me page for my writing and editing background. http://stacyjuba.com/blog/about-the-a...

message 5: by Rob (new)

Rob Bignell (robbignellofinventingreality) A professional editor for nearly three decades, I’ll deliver an affordable edit of your manuscript. I’m the author of several published books as well as short stories, hold a Master’s degree in English and a Bachelor’s in journalism, am a long-time writing teacher, and am an award-winning publications editor and writer. More than 95 of my clients have gone on to publish their books.

I handle:
>>Fiction manuscripts (novels, novellas, short stories; all genres; Chicago Manual of Style)
>>Nonfiction books (all topics; spiritual works particularly welcomed)
>>Dissertations and academic papers (broad range of subjects; APA and MLA citation methods)
>>Admission essays
>>Website text, blog posts
>>Business plans and documents
>>Query letters and synopses for book proposals
>>Poetry collections

My editing services include:
>>Proofreading (correcting spelling, capitalization, punctuation, grammar)
>>Content editing (critique of organization; addressing style issues such as passive voice, verb tense, and wordiness; analysis of plot-characters-point of view, if fiction)
>>Self-publishing (formatting, uploading, writing back cover blurb/author bio)
>>I DO NOT WRITE ESSAYS OR OTHER MATERIALS (except for book blurbs/bios)

Learn more about me and my writer-friendly rates at http://inventingreality.4t.com/editin... … or email your manuscript’s word count for a price quote and estimate of turnaround time. Payment is accepted through safe and secure PayPal; references available upon request.

message 6: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Earl (middlemarchpress) | 5 comments Happy Halloween everyone. I am very pleased to announce that my podcast, Most Foully Murthered is now available on iTunes: http://goo.gl/y7wWkt

I heartily welcome any and all reviews.

Thank You!

message 7: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Rae | 10 comments My name is Nikki and I've been writing and editing for over ten years. I have a Bachelor's in Literature and Creative Writing and I have experience in work shopping and revising all sorts of writing--from poems and essays to full-length novels.

I'm part of an editing team called Metamorphosis, and they have some spots open for work looking to be completed by the end of December on, so when the holidays wipe you out, we can pick up the slack and make your words shine!
http://metamorphosiseditingservices.b...
or email us: Metamorphosiseditingservice@gmail.com
We'd love to hear from you!

message 8: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Mason (saraamason) | 2 comments My name is Sara, and I'm a freelance editor and independent author. I currently offer copy editing and proofreading services. Copy editing is $8 (USD) per thousand words. Proofreading is $5 (USD) per thousand words. Both services are $10 (USD) per thousand words.

For more information, please check out my website: http://www.saraathertonmason.com/edit...

Or you can email me: sara.a.mason@gmail.com.

message 9: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Mason (saraamason) | 2 comments Whoops! My link didn't copy for some reason. http://www.saraathertonmason.com/edit...

message 10: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) To whoever started this feed: thank you SO MUCH! This is valuable and extremely helpful to us writers. I'm currently working on the rough draft of a scifi trilogy, but I have bookmarked this so I can come back when I get to the stage where I need the proofread before querying my publisher.

Thanks again!

message 11: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Rae | 10 comments Hey, guys! Metamorphosis Editing Services is opening submissions for Beta Reading and Editing for February on!
Take a look at the site and email us if you have any questions!
Email us:
MetamorphosisEditingService@gmail.com
Here are the prices below! : )

Beta Reading: $.0015 Per Word

Detailed Copy Editing: $.0025 Per Word

Proof Reading: $.0035 Per Word

Synopsis Editing: $35 Flat Rate

We look forward to hearing from you!

message 12: by Rob (new)

Rob Bignell (robbignellofinventingreality) A professional editor for more than 25 years, I’ll deliver an affordable edit of your manuscript. I’m the author of several published books as well as short stories, hold a Master’s degree in English and a Bachelor’s in journalism, worked as a writing teacher, and am an award-winning publications editor and writer. More than 95 of my clients have gone on to publish their books.

I handle:
>>Fiction manuscripts (novels, novellas, short stories; all genres)
>>Nonfiction books (all topics; spiritual works particularly welcomed)
>>Dissertations and academic papers (broad range of subjects; APA and MLA citation methods)
>>Admission essays
>>Website text, blog posts
>>Business plans and documents
>>Query letters and synopses for book proposals
>>Poetry collections

My editing services include:
>>Proofreading (correcting spelling, capitalization, punctuation, grammar)
>>Content editing (critique of organization; addressing style issues such as passive voice, verb tense, and wordiness; analysis of plot-characters-point of view for fiction)
>>Self-publishing (formatting, uploading, writing back cover blurb/author bio)
>>Writing coach for novels and nonfiction books
>>I DO NOT WRITE ESSAYS OR OTHER MATERIALS (except for book blurbs/bios)

Learn more about me and my inexpensive, writer-friendly rates at http://inventingreality.4t.com/editin... … or email your manuscript’s word count for a price quote and estimate of turnaround time. Payment is accepted through safe and secure PayPal, and references always are available upon request.

message 13: by Sandhya (new)

Sandhya Jane (sandhya_jane) | 8 comments Dear Editors,

I need editor for my blogs, articles and column on current affair and professional writing. The deep editing will include - grammar correction, syntax correction, proof reading and whatever needed to fix the blog (except the content) as per modern International English Standard.

This is ongoing assignment and I need reliable services with good rates.

Pls write to me at: sandhya0019@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Sandhya

message 14: by Sandhya (new)

Sandhya Jane (sandhya_jane) | 8 comments I have sent you a mail.

message 15: by Stacy (new)

Stacy Jerger (stacymjerger) | 3 comments Hi everyone! Nice to meet you. :)

A developmental editor here! I enjoy romantic plot lines and genre fiction, and would love to help you with your book. From critiques to story development (and query letters on the side), I give you feedback and suggestions on the whole of your novel to make sure it's AWESOME.

Coffee drinker by day, wino at night. Editor all the time.

Check me out or email me if you'd like. http://www.apoideaeditorial.com/

message 16: by Sandhya (new)

Sandhya Jane (sandhya_jane) | 8 comments Sandhya wrote: "I have sent you a mail."

Can you please resend me the mail? Thanks!

message 17: by Sandhya (new)

Sandhya Jane (sandhya_jane) | 8 comments Stacy wrote: "Hi everyone! Nice to meet you. :)

Can you please provide me the details. I can think of you for my next novel.

message 18: by Sandhya (new)

Sandhya Jane (sandhya_jane) | 8 comments Tony wrote: "Held Editing Services

I work with both independent and traditionally published authors. The genres I work with are fiction (mystery, fantasy, literary, historical, sci-fi, western, and action/adve..."

Hi, Can you please reply me at - sandhya0019@yahoo.com

I need re-sizing the file.

Thanks!

message 19: by Stacy (new)

Stacy Jerger (stacymjerger) | 3 comments Sandhya wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Hi everyone! Nice to meet you. :)

Can you please provide me the details. I can think of you for my next novel."

Hi Sandhya,
What details did you need?

message 20: by Edward (new)

Edward Malo (Morosdoom) | 1 comments Hello,
Looking for editor who has good prices.
You can find my work at:
www.thedarkflames.com
http://www.the-world-of-fay.com/
I have about 10 written books that need editing.
You can reach me at ninda_@hotmail.com

message 21: by Marliese (new)

Marliese | 3 comments Hi to all aspiring authors....if you are looking for a way to escape the editorial slush pile, why not enter your unpublished book in a contest at www.thefriends.on.ca for a chance to have Random House/Penguin editors read and provide a page of commentary? If your book isn't finished or you've just started...a page a day will get you to the finish line in time for the submission deadline. Good luck!

message 22: by Jamie (last edited Nov 27, 2015 04:30PM) (new)

Jamie Burgess | 6 comments HI all upcoming artist!!!!!!!!!!
I am an upcoming editor with impressive skills in basic and developmental editing. I am capable of reading over 500 pages a day and developmentally editing 100, ensuring quick turn around and most importantly, I am dependable. I offer free testing of my skills and specials on your books. Rates are $.50 per microsoft office page. I would like to build a working relationship with you to help you be successful in your bright and growing future. Please contact me at jamieoburgess054@yahoo.com

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Mishler (jennmishleredits) | 2 comments Hi there! I am an experienced professional in the publishing industry. For 5 years I was an agent and now I am a line editor with Entangled Publishing, LLC.

Worried that your plot doesn't quite pan out? Or that your dialogue feels forced or unnatural? Let me help! I specialize in Young Adult and New Adult fiction, any genre. I dependable and affordable as I offer advice on not only your query letters but on the manuscript as well.

If you have questions about me and my services, please email me at: jennmishler@gmail.com

message 24: by Kudredin (new)

Kudredin | 3 comments Dear Aspiring Editors,

I'm a first time book author looking for an editor for my Sci-fi / Romance story. As this is my first book, I wouldn't like to spend a lot of money, but in return, I don't expect many years of experience.

I you are newbie editor, and want to try yourself out and get your first commission - even if it's not a lot of money - then contact me. I do self editing, and 1/3rd of my book is in 'editor ready' shape, so wouldn't have to work with something terribly written and confusing... and if you do, you must tell me, cause then I do something really bad!

Please contact me at: conrad.s.kristiansen [at] gmail [dot] com

message 25: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Burgess | 6 comments Please email at jamieoburgess054@yahoo.com at we can work together

message 26: by Kudredin (new)

Kudredin | 3 comments I already did! :)

message 27: by A.J.M. (last edited Mar 06, 2016 09:29PM) (new)

A.J.M. | 5 comments I am curious to know. What about those who are already self-published? Would the book have to be unpublished before the edit takes place?

message 28: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Burgess | 6 comments No I can edit and you can release an update

message 29: by A.J.M. (last edited Mar 15, 2016 02:57PM) (new)

A.J.M. | 5 comments Thank you. I am also curious to know about the genres for editing. I have some work to be edited, but it's kind of high scifi and epic fantasy. Superheroes, aliens, and ghosts into the mix to be more specific (kind of like an anime turned into literature). I'm not sure if those may be potential turn offs for some of you editors who've commented.

message 30: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Burgess | 6 comments If you email me one chapter preferably not the first chapter I will review it and edit it so you can see my skills and I can tell if I will be able to do justice to the story.

message 31: by Tony (new)

Tony Held Dear A.J.M.:

What are your expectations for an editor? Are you looking for someone to read, tweak, and comment on your work? Are you looking for someone to simply double-check your text for any errors that might lurk within it (which would be proofreading, not editing)?

message 32: by A.J.M. (last edited Mar 17, 2016 07:12AM) (new)

A.J.M. | 5 comments Thank you Jamie! I think I know what to send you that's not chapter one.

Hi Tony! I am looking for mostly editing. The spelling and grammar is currently not my concern. Just the way some words are written that I am not aware of which may turn off readers. Thank you.

message 33: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Burgess | 6 comments A.M.J send me a middle chapter and I'll take a look at it.

message 34: by Vignesh (last edited Mar 27, 2016 11:05PM) (new)

Vignesh Ravichandran | 1 comments Dear All,

This is Vignesh Ravichandran from India. I am looking for an editor who could work substantive editing for my fantasy fiction novel in affordable flat rate. My novel has nearly 100,000 words and approximately 300 pages in MS Word. Editors please send me your pricing quotes to endeavourvignesh@gmail.com.

Thanks in Advance,
Vignesh

message 35: by Stacy (new)

Stacy Jerger (stacymjerger) | 3 comments Hello!
My website has been updated since my first post on this thread long ago. If you're a romance author who needs developmental editing, feedback, and revision help, I might be the editor for you. <3 Also offering query letter editing.
www.apoideaeditorial.com

message 36: by Scott (new)

Scott Kinkade | 24 comments Heather, I recently emailed you about editing my latest novel. Please get back to me when you can.

message 37: by A.J.M. (new)

A.J.M. | 5 comments I will be submitting the requested items in a couple of months from now. At the moment I have a lot going on at this present time.

message 38: by Tony (new)

Tony Held Dear A.J.M.:

I need to withdraw my interest in your project, since two months is too long a wait for me to guarantee any potential client I will have openings in my schedule.

Thank you for your time.

message 39: by A.J.M. (new)

A.J.M. | 5 comments That's okay Tony. I looked at your preferences and do not feel that my project fits them. Thank you for your interest.

message 40: by Annette (last edited Jun 18, 2016 12:47PM) (new)

Annette Alston | 1 comments I currently have several books written as well as in the making and need someone to edit them for me. I am looking for a proofer, sentence structure, and grammar editor that is affordable. I will start with my book of three short stories that is about 230 pages. Please send me a message if you are interested...(rugratdrpepper@yahoo.com)

message 41: by Aimen (new)

Aimen | 1 comments Hello everyone
Im new on here
I write music and well, now have been working on a book, almost to be finished soon. Im looking for a decent editor who will charge a decent amount and get the work done. I do not have hundreds or thousands of dollars to pay.
i also have friends who are writers so if it works well i could definitely recommend.
The book is based on a true story and is quite long.
my email is aimen.arabi13@gmail.com kindly email me if anyone is up for the task

message 42: by Sandhya (new)

Sandhya Jane (sandhya_jane) | 8 comments I need an editor for my academic and romance book. There is poetry book on the way. Loads of work from side, but I need committed and high quality editor who had an experiencing of working or compelling project with leading publishing companies.

message 43: by Sandhya (new)

Sandhya Jane (sandhya_jane) | 8 comments I need an editor for my academic and romance book. There is poetry book on the way. Loads of work from side, but I need committed and high quality editor who had an experiencing of working or compelling project with leading publishing companies. my email ID - sandhya0019@yahoo.com

message 44: by Hipsy (new)

Hipsy Bohannon (HIPSYBOHANNON) | 1 comments I have a pretty large book that I only want grammar and spelling edited. The word count is around 160k. I realize this is a lot of work, however, my budget is not as huge as the book :( I need someone who can give me a great deal, like under $200. The book has already been released, it's getting great reviews however they are mentioning a need for editing. If you are interested in the job please e-mail me at hipsyheathenbohannon@gmail.com

message 45: by Zhuldyz (new)

Zhuldyz Zhumashova | 1 comments Hi, everybody.
I have an academic article to be edited. But the journal requires from me the certificate about editing. Can anyone edit the manuscript + provide a certificate.
Thanks a lot.

message 46: by Laurelwaiton (new)

Laurelwaiton | 1 comments When an article is submitted to a high-quality proofreading service site, it is examined critically before it is selected for peer review. It is reviewed by expert editors. Professional essay editing services help students and job seekers (polished paper).

message 47: by Justin (new)

Justin Tai Sen Choy  (justintai) | 3 comments Hello guys, I am a writer of fantastic, horror. Looking for an editor if anyone feels like this is their area, please feel free to contact me. Peace. J.

message 48: by Meghan (new)

Meghan (free2bealways) | 1 comments Hey guys! I've written a Christian non-fiction book about my life. It's about overcoming abuse and it's legacy. It's 82,284 words. I've already gone over it and cut it in half. I need some help with taking editing to the next level. I'm hoping to launch this book on Feb 1. I'm on a very tight budget. Can anyone help me?

message 49: by Mickey (last edited Dec 29, 2016 07:51AM) (new)

Mickey | 1 comments Hey guys! I've written a teen romance book. I am looking for a book editor to help me edit my book. If anyone is interested, please feel free to contact me.

message 50: by Sheila Pakdaman (new)

Sheila Pakdaman | 1 comments Hello,

I am looking for an editor for a book I have recently completed (about 30,000 words). I am interested in someone experienced and have a budget less that $100.

If interested, please email me with your resume, rates, and testimonials of your work at sheila.pakdaman@gmail.com

Thank you!

« previous 1