Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Unwind (Unwind, #1)
This topic is about Unwind
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman → Start Date: June 15, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kathy (last edited Jun 05, 2013 05:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments Gisbelle and I are reading the 1st book in the Unwind series, so join us if you haven't read it or if you have and you want to chat!! :)

Gisbelle, how do you get that little arrow after the authors name!! I have yet to figure that out. lol :D

message 2: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments copy and paste ^^

Kathy | 7950 comments Gisbelle wrote: "copy and paste ^^"

OMG!!! Really?? Ok!! *hanging my head!!* lol :P

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Great!! I loved this book so much! Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments I make mine by doing -
2 dashes " -- " and then putting " > " on the end :)

message 6: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments lol Your secret is safe with me ;)

Kathy | 7950 comments Trisha wrote: "I make mine by doing -
2 dashes " -- " and then putting " > " on the end :)"

I tried that and it didn't work, I was looking for a special button on my laptop!! lol :P

Kathy | 7950 comments Gisbelle wrote: "lol Your secret is safe with me ;)"

Thanks Gis, you're the bestest!! :D

message 9: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity i havent read this book yet but everyone say sits a good book . i miht read it with u guys :)

oh who am i kidding i will definitely read this book wit u guys :)

Kathy | 7950 comments lol Yay Trinity!! :)

message 11: by Sami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sami | 889 comments I loved this book!!! Hope y'all enjoy it too.

Kathy | 7950 comments Thanks Sami! :)

message 13: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity ok so were starting next week ? got it ! and thank god too tomorrow is my last day of school and ill b able to read more and go to the library more !!! :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Love the library!! :)

message 15: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity lol me too ! thats where ima get this book :)

message 16: by Yoly (new) - added it

Yoly | 696 comments I will try to read this with you :)

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay Yoly!! :)

Marla | 1290 comments I'm in, if you'll have me. I've been busy with life, but I need to finish a few read for reviews, my book club book by wed. and then I can read this. I will request from library on my presuming that you will allow me to join you. :)

message 19: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity hey anyones allowed to join of course u could join Marla ! If u get the book a little late dont worry and u still could jump into this conversation .

Amanda | 4365 comments I will join in as well. I have this checked out from the library currently sitting on my to read pile.

message 21: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity YAY amanda !!!

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay Marla and Amanda! So glad you guys can join us!! :)

Marla | 1290 comments Looking forward to it ladies! Thank you.

Kathy | 7950 comments Me too! :)

Amanda | 4365 comments So excited to read this. I have to work this morning so I will start later this afternoon.

Kathy | 7950 comments Me too! Me too! :D

Are we reading 5 chapters and then post?

message 27: by Gino (new)

Gino Alfonso | 189 comments Great book, enjoy y'all!!

Amanda | 4365 comments Every 5 chapters works for me.

Amanda | 4365 comments I have read through 5 chapters. So far I am liking this it's a unique plot line. It's pretty creepy curious to see where this goes.

Kathy | 7950 comments I haven't started yet and probably won't get to it until tomorrow! :)

Amanda | 4365 comments That's okay I am not very far into this one yet. I can stop for tonight and continue tomorrow.

Amanda | 4365 comments I have read through part 5 so far. This is really good. It's scary and sad for these teens whose parents have signed the papers to have them unwound. It's also hard to know who to trust as well. I really dislike (view spoiler)

Can't wait to see what happens next with the way part 5 ended.

Amanda | 4365 comments Just finished I really liked this book.

Chapter 61 (view spoiler)

Can't wait to see what you guys think of this.

Kathy | 7950 comments Wow! That was fast! I promise to start soon! My husband has had the TV going all day and it was hard for me to concentrate!! lol :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I have that problem too Kathy.

Kathy | 7950 comments It was Father's Day so I tried not to complain too much, but it's so distracting!!! I didn't get enough reading done today!! Not near what I wanted anyway! lol :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Neither did I Kathy, and I have 3 nieces here from FL and L.A. so that's going to take up 5-6 hours tomorrow on top of a dental appointment that will require about an hour and a half of my time plus an hour driving time. Ugh lol

Kathy | 7950 comments lol! I know and I have to work pretty much all week! But at least I have a job! It's summer so we have more hours at the library, summer reading program! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh yeah, never thought about that. Does your library have a lot of ebooks?

Kathy | 7950 comments Yeah! That is where most of out circ is from, it's like over half of over 30 branches. So yeah, it's quite a bit! :)

message 41: by Kathy (last edited Jun 16, 2013 11:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments finished 5 chapters and I can see why you're done already! It's a fast read and I really don't want to put it down! I'm glad you liked it too! :)

I like all the different POVs, getting perspectives from all angles!

I cannot, cannot imagine doing this to my child! And I'm not sure which is worse, (view spoiler)

I have to work all afternoon tomorrow, but I'll try to get as much done as I can! :)

Amanda | 4365 comments Yeah it is a pretty fast read. I spent most of the day yesterday just sitting in the sun reading. There is no rush though Kathy.

I liked all the different POVs as well.

I agree (view spoiler)

Kathy | 7950 comments Ok I just finished chapter 15 and I'm going to post when I finish part II, then part III and so on because I forgot how short this author writes his chapters. And I really need to get with this one! So I'll try to finish tonight! :)

The only book I've read by this author is Bruiser by Neal Shusterman and I forgot how much I really like his writing style. I quickly I get attached to his characters.

I really like Connor, Risa and Lev, (view spoiler)

I really like it so far and I should get through it pretty fast! :)

Amanda | 4365 comments I liked that scene too Kathy (view spoiler)

Kathy | 7950 comments Ok finished part II

Hayden (view spoiler)

Roland is a tool!

Clappers? (view spoiler)

Hannah, Risa and Connor (view spoiler)

Sonia! I loved her! I think she will be one of my favorite characters of the book! (view spoiler)

All these ways and reasons for having the kids to be unwound is going to drive me!

Amanda | 4365 comments Totally agree about Hayden (view spoiler)

Clappers (view spoiler)

Kathy | 7950 comments finished part III

CyFi (view spoiler)

Roland!! GRRRR! (view spoiler)

Amanda | 4365 comments I agree about Roland (view spoiler)

Kathy | 7950 comments I'm done! I'm not sure what to say. I mean I liked it certainly, I liked the characters and their stories. It's just so disturbing! Chapter 62 most of all! I wouldn't have wished that on him or my worst enemy!

Amanda | 4365 comments Kathy wrote: "I'm done! I'm not sure what to say. I mean I liked it certainly, I liked the characters and their stories. It's just so disturbing! Chapter 62 most of all! I wouldn't have wished that on him or my ..."

I know chapter 62 was so hard to read it gave me chills. I never wished that on him either and I did not like his character.

« previous 1