Book BFFs discussion

36 views
Let's Talk Movies > What Can't You Wait To See?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Church (lindsaychurch) !


message 2: by Angela M, Bossy BFF (new)

Angela  M | 491 comments Mod
Never heard of "!" before Lindsay!! ;)

My son can't stop talking about TURBO! ;)


message 3: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Church (lindsaychurch) Angela (Reading Angels) wrote "Never heard of "!" before Lindsay!! ;)

My son can't stop talking about TURBO! ;)"


LOL! I hadn't heard of it but once autocorrect stopped changing it to Turbotax and I got to see the poster I am right there with him! "He's Fast, They're Furious" LOL!


message 4: by Angela M, Bossy BFF (new)

Angela  M | 491 comments Mod
Lindsay wrote: "Angela (Reading Angels) wrote "Never heard of "!" before Lindsay!! ;)

My son can't stop talking about TURBO! ;)"

LOL! I hadn't heard of it but once autocorrect stopped changing it to Turbotax and..."


Watch the trailer! It's hilarious!


message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (destinyisntfree) | 161 comments I am waiting for Mortal Instruments movie


message 6: by Melissa, OCD BFF (new)

Melissa (melstephensbooks) | 405 comments Mod
Lisa wrote: "I am waiting for Mortal Instruments movie"

Me too. I'm not sure why, but I'm realllly excited for this movie.


message 7: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Church (lindsaychurch) Me too!!!!!!! Except I don't think Jace is as cute as I hoped LOL


message 8: by Angela M, Bossy BFF (new)

Angela  M | 491 comments Mod
I think he looks like he is doing the role awesome in the trailers though! I'm excited for it and didn't even really care for the book! HAHA


message 9: by Rie, HecticMultitasking BFF (new)

Rie Conley (missiontoread) | 219 comments Mod
Thor 2, Monsters University, The Fault in our stars.

Also there seems to be an epic fall season this year with new shows. SHEILD, Orginals, etc


message 10: by Angela M, Bossy BFF (new)

Angela  M | 491 comments Mod
Rie wrote: "Thor 2, Monsters University, The Fault in our stars.

Also there seems to be an epic fall season this year with new shows. SHEILD, Orginals, etc"


Monsters U!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!


message 11: by Angela M, Bossy BFF (new)

Angela  M | 491 comments Mod
I did watch Monsters U. The kid in me was so happy! ;)

Anyone else excited about Vampire Academy becoming a movie?


Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug! I think I squealed when I saw the teaser trailer for it....be still my geeky heart.

I'm also really read for Thor 2! Marvel is kicking butt with their movies and it doesn't hurt to have a little more Tom Hiddleston in my life. (Also the 9th Doctor!)


message 13: by Angela M, Bossy BFF (new)

Angela  M | 491 comments Mod
Michelle (In Libris Veritas) wrote: "The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug! I think I squealed when I saw the teaser trailer for it....be still my geeky heart.

I'm also really read for Thor 2! Marvel is kicking butt with their movies and i..."


I haven't watched The Hobbit yet! (nerd fail!!)


message 14: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (sugardustedbooks) I still haven't seen all of Monsters Inc. just bits and pieces. It looks cute though.

OMG try ecstatic for Vampire Academy :D


message 15: by Angela M, Bossy BFF (new)

Angela  M | 491 comments Mod
Bianca wrote: "I still haven't seen all of Monsters Inc. just bits and pieces. It looks cute though.

OMG try ecstatic for Vampire Academy :D"


You haven't seen Monsters INC???

It has always been one of my all time favs! :D

I seriously can not wait for VA. I feel like Divergent and TMI is getting so much more talk than VA, but I CAN NOT WAIT for VA!!


Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) Go watch it Angela!! Lol, I can't really blame you for not seeing it yet. It is like 3 hours long.


I haven't read Vampire Academy so I'm not really sure I'll see the movie until i do.


message 17: by Angela M, Bossy BFF (new)

Angela  M | 491 comments Mod
Michelle (In Libris Veritas) wrote: "Go watch it Angela!! Lol, I can't really blame you for not seeing it yet. It is like 3 hours long.


I haven't read Vampire Academy so I'm not really sure I'll see the movie until i do."


Yes, definitely read the book first, I really liked that series, but it was one of my pre-blogging series...

I am not much of a movie person, so I rarely take the time to watch them. I will watch it eventually, it's just a matter of when...haha.


Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) I'm not really a movie person either...or a tv person for that matter. I don't really have the patience for it.


message 19: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (sugardustedbooks) Angela (Reading Angels) wrote: "Bianca wrote: "I still haven't seen all of Monsters Inc. just bits and pieces. It looks cute though.

OMG try ecstatic for Vampire Academy :D"

You haven't seen Monsters INC???

It has always been..."


I haven't read Divergent or TMI yet. I don't know if I really want to read Divergent but I do want to read TMI sometime.

Do they actually know a date for Vampire Academy? I see pictures of training and the cast but don't know much.


message 20: by Angela M, Bossy BFF (new)

Angela  M | 491 comments Mod
Bianca wrote: "I haven't read Divergent or TMI yet. I don't know if I really want to read Divergent but I do want to read TMI sometime.

Do they actually know a date for Vampire Academy? I see pictures of training and the cast but don't know much. ."


You'd rather read TMI than Divergent?? O.o I know I loved Divergent, did not TMI...haha

IMDB says Valentine's Day 2014 for VA, I don't know if that's right or not though!


message 21: by Melissa, OCD BFF (new)

Melissa (melstephensbooks) | 405 comments Mod
I'm so excited for VA. I love the cast so far! And the books were amazing.


message 22: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Church (lindsaychurch) Ill have to hurry up and read VA I guess!! I am a big movie person (its weird when i dont go to the movies for a couple weeks) so I get excited for aloooot LOL. Besides books to movies (catching fireeeee) I am super excited to see The Butler, The Family, Only God Forgives and About Time!!! And White House Down for some Channing Tatum.


message 23: by Angela M, Bossy BFF (new)

Angela  M | 491 comments Mod
Lindsay wrote: "Ill have to hurry up and read VA I guess!! I am a big movie person (its weird when i dont go to the movies for a couple weeks) so I get excited for aloooot LOL. Besides books to movies (catching fi..."

I don't know what any of those are...haha.
Besides taking my kid and seeing my nerdy movies I normally wait until it comes to DVD so I can pause when I want...haha.


message 24: by Melissa, OCD BFF (new)

Melissa (melstephensbooks) | 405 comments Mod
I want to see white house down for the sole reason of drooling over Channing for two hrs haha.

I just saw The Heat with my mom the other day. It's got Sandra bullock and Melissa McCarthy in it. hilarious! Def worth the money. I love going to the movies


message 25: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Church (lindsaychurch) Same Melissa!!! Mmm Channing. I can't wait to see the heat!!!!


message 26: by Angela M, Bossy BFF (new)

Angela  M | 491 comments Mod
I'll see anything Channing, even if it sucks.


message 27: by Melissa, OCD BFF (new)

Melissa (melstephensbooks) | 405 comments Mod
So I didn't really like The Maze Runner, but I saw some stills from the movie that's coming out and I'm really excited to see the movie. Doesn't make sense I know lol. I think it's because the main guy...idk his name...the guy from Teen Wolf (Stiles I think?) is in it. And I love him on that show. Anyone else planning on seeing Maze Runner?


message 28: by Angela M, Bossy BFF (new)

Angela  M | 491 comments Mod
I want to!
I feel the same way about COB. I didn't love the book but I'm really excited for the movie.


message 29: by Angela M, Bossy BFF (new)

Angela  M | 491 comments Mod
Finally watched TURBO! It was so good! Not a classic, but SUPER fun.


message 30: by Annabel (new)

Annabel (boekenwormmom) The mortal instruments movie and the catching fire movie


message 31: by Angela M, Bossy BFF (new)

Angela  M | 491 comments Mod
Annabel wrote: "The mortal instruments movie and the catching fire movie"

YES! Are you excited for Vampire Academy too?


message 32: by Melissa, OCD BFF (new)

Melissa (melstephensbooks) | 405 comments Mod
Angela (Reading Angels) wrote: "Annabel wrote: "The mortal instruments movie and the catching fire movie"

YES! Are you excited for Vampire Academy too?"


I keep forgetting about VA but I'm so excited for it!


message 33: by A.R. (new)

A.R. Norris | 6 comments I can't wait to see Ender's Game. That was one of the first SF books I read as a kid that helped solidify my love of the genre.


message 34: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Church (lindsaychurch) Did everyone see the new Catching Fire trailer?!!?!?!?

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/07/20...

I won't lie, I cried a lil. And maybe squealed like an idiot. IT LOOKS SO GOOD. Jennifer Lawrence is just.. FLAWLESS! Her acting is phenomenal, shes so gorgeous. I want november!!!!!!!!!!!


message 35: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Church (lindsaychurch) Lindsay wrote: "Did everyone see the new Catching Fire trailer?!!?!?!?

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/07/20...

I won't lie, I cried a lil. And maybe squealed li..."


Also clearly I want to be Jennifer Lawrences friend. Maybe she can join our group! hahaah


message 36: by Janie (new)

Janie (sj_ellis11) Lindsay wrote: "Did everyone see the new Catching Fire trailer?!!?!?!?

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/07/20...

I won't lie, I cried a lil. And maybe squealed li..."


I totally teared up and I'm really not sure why. It looks so amazing!


message 37: by Janie (new)

Janie (sj_ellis11) RED 2, Grown Ups 2, Sea of Monsters.
I'm trying to think of more coming out that I want to see, but totally blanking


message 38: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Church (lindsaychurch) Janie wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Did everyone see the new Catching Fire trailer?!!?!?!?

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/07/20...

I won't lie, I cried a lil. And m..."


I think the music probably did it to us- it was so epic!
And when she comes up from the ground on the water before diving in!? That scene is probably going to kill me when we see it full.

I can't wait to see Red 2!!!!!


message 39: by Chaneli (new)

Chaneli Catching Fire!!!!


message 40: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Church (lindsaychurch) Chaneli wrote: "Catching Fire!!!!"

Did you see the new trailer?!?! (I could talk about this all day!)


message 41: by Devan (new)

Devan (bookstrings) After all of the promo stuff from Comic Con I'm in super fangirl overload. City of Bones is right before school starts so I'm definitely treating myself to that one right away. Sea of Monsters is the day before my birthday. I'm so pumped for Catching Fire and Divergent. I need to start saving money for all of these movies!


Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) @Lindsay I may have cried a little too...lol. It looks so amazing and the casting is pretty good. I'm still skeptical about the guy playing Finnick because he just doesn't look like sugar-cube material, but we shall see!


message 43: by Melissa, OCD BFF (new)

Melissa (melstephensbooks) | 405 comments Mod
This isn't book related, but I just watched the Veronica Mars tralier and it looks really good. I only watched a little bit of the first season, but that show is fun.


message 44: by Devan (new)

Devan (bookstrings) Melissa wrote: "This isn't book related, but I just watched the Veronica Mars tralier and it looks really good. I only watched a little bit of the first season, but that show is fun."

I watched the first season (I believe) at a friends house back in high school. I really liked it. Now that there's a movie I want to get all of the seasons and watch it.


message 45: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Church (lindsaychurch) Melissa wrote: "This isn't book related, but I just watched the Veronica Mars tralier and it looks really good. I only watched a little bit of the first season, but that show is fun."

Its crazy that it was fan-funded!!!!

I want to see The Spectacular Now SO BADLY!


message 46: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Church (lindsaychurch) Also.. how does everyone feel that the guy playing Tris's brother in Divergent is playing Augustus Waters in TFIOS?! With Shailene Woodley playing both Tris and Hazel? LOL!


message 47: by Devan (new)

Devan (bookstrings) Lindsay wrote: "Also.. how does everyone feel that the guy playing Tris's brother in Divergent is playing Augustus Waters in TFIOS?! With Shailene Woodley playing both Tris and Hazel? LOL!"

Yeah it's kind of weird. Good actors can pull it off though, so we'll see. I can't wait for TFIOS movie. Such a good book.

Shailene is also in a movie called The Spectacular Now with Miles Teller (Peter in Divergent). I want to see this too. I need to read the book first.


message 48: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Church (lindsaychurch) Devan wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Also.. how does everyone feel that the guy playing Tris's brother in Divergent is playing Augustus Waters in TFIOS?! With Shailene Woodley playing both Tris and Hazel? LOL!"

Yeah i..."


HAHA If you look up i just said I can't wait to see that! Great minds!!!!!


message 49: by Devan (new)

Devan (bookstrings) Lindsay wrote: "Devan wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Also.. how does everyone feel that the guy playing Tris's brother in Divergent is playing Augustus Waters in TFIOS?! With Shailene Woodley playing both Tris and Hazel?..."

oops! She's kind of an "It Girl" now! I have never seen her in anything else, just brief moments on abcfamily when I was flipping channels.


message 50: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Church (lindsaychurch) Devan wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Devan wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Also.. how does everyone feel that the guy playing Tris's brother in Divergent is playing Augustus Waters in TFIOS?! With Shailene Woodley playing both..."

me too! and in the descendants. She's in EVERYTHING now that her tv show is done ahah


« previous 1
back to top