RiseUp! discussion

The Last Thing I Remember (The Homelanders, #1)
This topic is about The Last Thing I Remember
Books > The last thing I remember

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (last edited Jun 05, 2013 02:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

notyourfriend (amemori) | 4058 comments Mod
THIS TOPIC IS ONLY FOR: The Last Thing I Remember -by- Andrew Klavan

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) I loved that book.

message 3: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new) - rated it 5 stars

notyourfriend (amemori) | 4058 comments Mod
Yea, me too :)

message 4: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mojoboy31 | 3210 comments Mod
One of the best books ever!

Hollz | 111 comments @demonhunter777 they are making a movie to... incase you didn't know.:P

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) I had heard about that and I think I saw you and Mojo talking about it somewhere. How is the coming along anyway? If you know.

message 7: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new) - added it

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Rebecca, Daughter of the Woodland Realm wrote: "This book is on my lengthy to-read list! I really should get around to it. I had not heard about the movie though!"

I didn't know about the movie or book...

message 8: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Read the book. Just read the book.

message 9: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new) - added it

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
I guess it was good then? What's it about? :)

Daniel | 56 comments Yes, they're taking forever to make it though. I just love the book. Everyone will be addicted.

message 11: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new) - added it

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Will we now? I have yet to read a novel by Andrew Klavan...

message 12: by Daniel (last edited Dec 13, 2013 07:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daniel | 56 comments Princess Dee wrote: "Will we now? I have yet to read a novel by Andrew Klavan..."

Yeah, maybe that's a bit of a stretch but I hope everyone will be addicted. I've yet to meet anyone who wasn't. :D

message 13: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new) - added it

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Daniel wrote: "Princess Dee wrote: "Will we now? I have yet to read a novel by Andrew Klavan..."

Yeah, maybe that's a bit of a stretch but I hope everyone will be addicted. I've yet to meet anyone who wasn't."

LOL! I see it's your profile pic! Is it your favorite book?

@Mojo: Isn't this the first book you recommended to me the other week?

message 14: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Princess Dee wrote: "I guess it was good then? What's it about? :)"

Charlie West wakes up strapped to a chair in a room with torture devices around. He's been wounded as if he's already been tortured, but the last thing he remembers is going to sleep in his bed.

And that's just page one!

message 15: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Princess Dee wrote: "Daniel wrote: "Princess Dee wrote: "Will we now? I have yet to read a novel by Andrew Klavan..."

Yeah, maybe that's a bit of a stretch but I hope everyone will be addicted. I've yet to meet anyone..."

Yes, I did tell you to read it, lol.

Daniel | 56 comments Princess Dee wrote: "Daniel wrote: "Princess Dee wrote: "Will we now? I have yet to read a novel by Andrew Klavan..."

Yeah, maybe that's a bit of a stretch but I hope everyone will be addicted. I've yet to meet anyone..."

It's by favorite Young Adult fiction series to date. What's yours?

message 17: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new) - added it

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Mojoboy31 wrote: "Princess Dee wrote: "I guess it was good then? What's it about? :)"

Charlie West wakes up strapped to a chair in a room with torture devices around. He's been wounded as if he's already been tortu..."

Really? Nice! I love books that do that. (of course there are still great books that don't)

message 18: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new) - added it

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
@Mojo: LOL, I promise I'll get around to it! I do want to read it. :)

@Daniel: Oh, cool it's a series? My favorite book is Two Crosses by Elizabeth Musser.

Daniel | 56 comments Cool! I'm going to have to look it up . . .
Yep, The Last Thing is a series. Heheehee!

message 20: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

It's an amazing series. Especially the end of book two. Anyone's who's read it knows what I'm talking about.

message 21: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new) - added it

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Here's a link to my review of it if you're interested.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
I gave it 5 stars, which I rarely do, even if I really like a book. It's set in France in the 1950s when Algeria was trying to gain independence from France.

Oh, cool! How many books is it?

message 22: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new) - added it

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Mojoboy31 wrote: "It's an amazing series. Especially the end of book two. Anyone's who's read it knows what I'm talking about."

I wish I could start reading it right now! lol
Especially with you two raving about it!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I can tell you daniel got me hooked. they are fast paced thats for sure. they will keep you riveted the entire series *word from the wise: Rebecca & Dee get the whole series BEFORE you read the first one*

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

there are four books to the series.

message 25: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new) - added it

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Thanks for the advice and review, Joshua! I'm really looking forward to getting to read it!

message 26: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new) - added it

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
@Rebecca, what is the River of Time series about?

message 27: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

@Rebecca: sooner would be better, lol

message 28: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca, Daughter of the Woodland Realm wrote: "The River of Time books are about two teen girls who are goofing off at their mom's archeological dig and get whisk back to fourteenth-century Italy. They show up literally on a battle field while..."

Don't tell me... They both fall in love with the same dashing knight, right?

message 29: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new) - added it

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Rebecca, Daughter of the Woodland Realm wrote: "The River of Time books are about two teen girls who are goofing off at their mom's archeological dig and get whisk back to fourteenth-century Italy. They show up literally on a battle field while..."

Hmmm...I might enjoy that. Stories like that can be fun! I'll have to check them out! :D
I don't know about Mojo though based upon his reaction. :P

message 30: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh, so it's one of those love triangles...

message 31: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

I hate love triangles, especially in YA fiction.

message 32: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca, Daughter of the Woodland Realm wrote: "It is not like that though....It is more of a dilemma of falling in love with a guy in an ancient time and her sister wanting to go back home than focus on the love triangle.....

Besides, there is..."

I just think it's really bad for us to teach our children that it's okay to lust after people who are taken, or that it's okay to lust after someone when you are in a relationship.
They try to get around it with this, "oh, they're betrothed, but don't want to be, and they aren't in love with their betrothed."

But that's not something one can judge, and it's a very bad message to send to young boys and girls that it's okay as long as you think the other person isn't really in love.

It's just... Not good.
And I'm not picking on River Of Time, I've never read it, so can't judge. I'm talking about the entire "Teen" market as a whole. Nearly every single YA book has a love triangle now, even the Christian ones.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

You have a very valid point.

Christian books should hold a higher standard than secular fiction when it come to romance. But because love triangles are so prevalent in today's YA fiction, Christian authors could decided to set an example by dealing with these situation in a Godly way.

Sometimes people are attracted to someone who is engage/married. It is not necessarily 'wrong' to admit feeling this way, but how the person deals with these feelings is very important. If Christian authors want to face this situation, they should set an example of the characters turning their feelings over to God and asking him to help them have holy thoughts.

message 34: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (last edited Dec 18, 2013 04:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Right. The characters should acknowledge that said feelings are wrong, then try to move on with God's help. Instead of "oh, this betrothed person is my one true love", and through a series of conflicts and struggles, the person eventually breaks their engagement one way or another.

message 35: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new) - added it

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Mojo, you bring up a very good point I had not really thought of before.
I can see why you don't like love triangles, and I think you have very valid reasoning for it.

Love triangles are definitely the trend in YA.