RiseUp! discussion

Books > Topic Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 4058 comments Mod
Any other books we should talk about? List some.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Narrow door at colditz

message 3: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Mojoboy31 | 3210 comments Mod
Never heard of them. I'll make a topic for them.

message 4: by Lora (new)

Lora Armendariz | 306 comments I just finished reading Seeking Patience by Josie Riviera. A Gypsy man finds himself at the mercy of young widowed countess. Moved by her compassion and her strong faith and God, Luca Bolder finds his life transformed as he falls in love with the woman who battles to save him. This was such a fun, easy-read, book to cuddle up with. Seeking Patience by Josie Riviera

message 5: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (new)

Ok, Ill make it...

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I'm reading a book right now called Hiking Through: One man's jouney to peace and freedom on the Appalachian Trail by Paul Stutzman. It is his true story about losing his wife to cancer, and finding his way again with out her while hiking the Appalachian Trail. He writes in a wonderful way that really shows his heart and faith. I would love to read this with others, and be able to chat while we read.

message 7: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Sarah wrote: "I'm reading a book right now called Hiking Through: One man's jouney to peace and freedom on the Appalachian Trail by Paul Stutzman. It is his true story about losing his wife to cancer, and findin..."

I made the topic.

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (cravencyrus) The Dragons in Our Midst, Oracles of Fire, and Children of the Bard series by Bryan Davis. Also The Door Within trilogy by Wayne Thomas Batson.

All GREAT Christian books. Inspired me soooooo much to love God even more!!!

message 9: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

I'll make a thread for Bryan Davis.

Ever read the "Reflections From The Edge" series by Bryan Davis.

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Kristen I'm reading a series called Sisterchicks. Does anyone else read them?

message 11: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Never heard of them. I'll make a topic for ya.

message 12: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Okay, I'll make one.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Perhaps the Dragons in Our Midst/Oracles of Fire/Children of the Bard series by Bryan Davis?

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kate Warrior Cats!

message 15: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Abby, Official Giver of Nicknames Galore wrote: "Perhaps the Dragons in Our Midst/Oracles of Fire/Children of the Bard series by Bryan Davis?"

Sure, I'll make a thread for it.

message 16: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) The Narnia books? They're really Catholic.

message 17: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

I'll make one soon.

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 17, 2014 04:18PM) (new)

Well, Meli, that is debatable. Lewis was not a Catholic when he wrote them, but he was influenced by Tolkien, who was Catholic.
I just think of them as good Christian books, no matter what denomination.

message 19: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) Yeah :)
I see a lot Catholic stuff in them, though. My Youth group did a Narnia night, and then we turned it into a weekend where we just did Narnia stuff and talked about the Catholic stuff in them. It was pretty awesome :)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

That sounds really cool!

message 21: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) It was!

message 22: by Mojoboy31, Kitchen Ninja (new)

Jenna*Jesus Saves* wrote: "I was actually wondering if I could make a discussion on a book called The Bare Naked Truth. It is about sex before marriage, dating and has one chapter on masturbation. In a nut shell, God's purit..."

I can't guarantee any of us has read it, but if you'd like to make a thread, go ahead.

message 23: by notyourfriend, ~Forgive Me~ (last edited Feb 26, 2014 01:20PM) (new)

Quick question, how old are you again Jenna?

message 24: by Sybille (new)

Sybille Norris | 66 comments Reading a book that helps me to seek the Lord more. The cool thing is that we limit God. "Unlimiting God: Increasing Your Capacity to Experience the Divine" by Richard Blackaby.

Relax reading for fiction is the Brother Band series by John Flanagan. I just started. Real interesting.

message 25: by Dee, YOU'RE A MOD!! (new)

Dee | 2703 comments Mod
Sybille wrote: "Reading a book that helps me to seek the Lord more. The cool thing is that we limit God. "Unlimiting God: Increasing Your Capacity to Experience the Divine" by Richard Blackaby.

Relax reading for ..."

Oh, cool...

message 26: by Sybille (new)

Sybille Norris | 66 comments It is good reads for sure. :)

message 27: by Connie (last edited Apr 01, 2014 11:32AM) (new)

Connie Warner (conniefwarner) | 1 comments Does anyone know of a good book to recommend for inspiration when going through tough times? I have the one by Max Lucardo and was wondering if any were geared specifically for women going through the loss of a loved one (my dad ), divorce and starting over by myself in a new town. Okay I know that none would be THAT specific but maybe one that would be a comfort. I am holding on to God.

message 28: by Jaylin (new)

Jaylin Palacio | 3 comments Here is a list of good Christian books dealing with grief and loss of a loved one. http://restministries.com/2012/04/gri...

message 29: by Judy (new)

Judy Bachrach | 1 comments Here is my book on life after death--the science and the stories:http://www.amazon.com/Glimpsing-Heave....