The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hello everyone

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yawatta (new)

Yawatta Hosby (agathachristiefan) Hi, I'm Yawatta. I'm excited to join this group. My favorite author is Agatha Christie. I love mysteries and thrillers. In fact, I used to cheat and read the last three pages of a book first to see who the killer was. Then throughout the story, I would study the clues and red herrings to determine if the author did a fine job regarding the reveal. Ever since I bought my kindle, I stopped. Can't lose my spot LOL. I'll definitely be a member reading the spoiler tags if any are provided on a good book.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and hearing about entertaining mysteries and thrillers. One can never have too many of those :)

message 2: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 5380 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Yawatta. I'm sure you'll enjoy the discussions here and discover many new and exciting mystery writers. :0)

message 3: by Yawatta (new)

Yawatta Hosby (agathachristiefan) Thanks Bill :)

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori Rader-Day (loriraderday) | 25 comments Welcome to the group! I love Agatha Christie, too. Have you tried the Alexander McCall Smith series, the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, or Alan Bradley's Flavia deLuce series? Those two series have elements that remind me a bit of Agatha's style.

message 5: by Yawatta (new)

Yawatta Hosby (agathachristiefan) Thanks Lori! No, I haven't tried any of those series. I know that No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency had a HBO series, so I'm sort of familiar with that. I'll check out a couple of those books first. Thanks for the suggestion.

message 6: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome Yawatta, If you're a fan of Christie, have you read anything by Dorothy Sayres or Ngaio Marsh?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, Yawatta! Great to meet you and welcome to the group.:)

message 8: by Yawatta (new)

Yawatta Hosby (agathachristiefan) Thanks Donna and Kyle!

I've never read those authors, but I'll give Ngaio Marsh a try. Thanks for the suggestion, Donna.