Ask Frankie About Devices of War discussion

Fall of Sky City (Devices of War, #1)
This topic is about Fall of Sky City
Plot

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

S.M. Blooding (frankieblooding) | 6 comments Mod
Want a sneak peek? I might be willing to tease?

Did something happen in the book that just didn't make sense? It's sometimes easy to miss stuff. Feel free to ask anything plot-wise here!

Pauline Creeden (pcreeden) Looking Forward to book two. I really appreciate how you suggested the sex and violence in the book but kept things clean. Will the other books in the series remain PG rated?

Pauline wrote: "Looking Forward to book two. I really appreciate how you suggested the sex and violence in the book but kept things clean. Will the other books in the series remain PG rated?"

Definitely! I just don't see that this series will ever need graphic sex. Now, the violence might get a bit more graphic, but I want to keep it to a point where my youngest daughter could pick up the books and read them if she wanted. Now, granted, she's going to have a few questions.

Also, I think that too many books go for the "shock factor". What that means is that nothing's shocking anymore. *shrug* Yes. Bad things happen, but I want people to feel the effects in their heart.

Pauline Creeden (pcreeden) :) awesome. So glad to hear it! Will be passing the books to my 13 year old son after I finish the series, but didn't want to make sure the whole series would be as generally clean as the first. And you're right that there is no more shock in entertainment any more.

My youngest is 12 and will be 13 next month, so I'm writing it with her in mind. Each scene I write, I'm like, "Is this something I'd feel okay about having her read?" If the answer's no, it get scrubbed. So, hopefully, no worries.