New Adult Book Club discussion

Kendall Ryan
This topic is about Kendall Ryan
Archived- Promotional Q&A's > Q&A with Kendall Ryan - CLOSED

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Ryan (kendallryan) | 5 comments Yay! So excited and can't wait to chat with you!! :)-

message 2: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Elson (nicki_elson) | 16 comments Gotta love those Midwest girls! Congratulations on all the success of your books, Kendall. What I'd love to know is, what was the most important thing you learned after your first book was released that helped you with every release after that?

Also, since you have an addiction...have you tried Lip Junkie lipgloss by Urban Decay? I think you'd love it!

message 3: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Ryan (kendallryan) | 5 comments Nicki wrote: "Gotta love those Midwest girls! Congratulations on all the success of your books, Kendall. What I'd love to know is, what was the most important thing you learned after your first book was released..."

Hi Nicki! Thanks for submitting the first question! Woot! *passes you a gold star* After I released Unravel Me, my first book, I learned that readers wanted MORE, and wanted my books to be a bit longer. I wrote an epilogue and republished and now I aim to make all my other books longer, giving you more character development, showing you their relationship, and all the highs and lows so as to not rob you of any of the experience.

And thanks for the lipgloss suggestion! That's one brand I haven't yet tried, believe it or not.

message 4: by Natalee (new)

Natalee Grimaldi (readthishearthat) Hey girl,

Congratulations on your upcoming release!! So I have a couple questions. Are you doing a blog tour for The Impact of You?

What's your writing style like, do you map out your plot or go with the flow?

xo,

Natalee

PS. Goodreads needs to get you a sexy little checkmark ;)

message 5: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Ryan (kendallryan) | 5 comments Read This ~ Hear That wrote: "Hey girl,

Congratulations on your upcoming release!! So I have a couple questions. Are you doing a blog tour for The Impact of You?

What's your writing style like, do you map out your plot or g..."

Haha, Thanks Natalee! I love how you think my Twitter checkmark is sexy, silly girl

Yes, I have a blog tour for The Impact of You happening June 10-19th and it's about 30 blogs participating, hosted by Shh Mom's Reading. They are so nice and fabulous! There will be lots of sexy teasers, some reviews and interviews, a mix of everything really.

As for my writing style, yes I plot out the story before I begin. I know the beginning, middle and ending, and I also create character worksheets for each main character, so I can really get to know them and get inside their heads. I map out their character arcs, and how they'll grow over the course of the story. Then I usually type in Chapter One... and starting typing! :)

message 6: by Amanda (mandy) (new)

Amanda (mandy) | 26 comments Hi Kendall,

I loved Hard to Love!!

Do you ever find yourself "stuck"? If so, what do you do to get yourself back on track and into your story?

message 7: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Ryan (kendallryan) | 5 comments Amanda (mandy) wrote: "Hi Kendall,

I loved Hard to Love!!

Do you ever find yourself "stuck"? If so, what do you do to get yourself back on track and into your story?"

Hi there! Thanks and I'm so glad you enjoyed Hard to Love. Yes, I do get stuck from time to time. Usually I'll take a break and read something else, or grab my notebook and work out plot pieces that I'm getting hung up on. Sometimes it helps me to think through the scenes I have coming up and map out the order of events.