New Adult Book Club discussion

Falling into You (Falling, #1)
This topic is about Falling into You
Archived Monthly Group Reads > June 2013 Group Read - Initial thoughts

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (last edited Jun 05, 2013 02:52AM) (new) - added it

Laura | 500 comments Share your initial thoughts here. As this isn't for set chapters please hide spoilers.

< Spoiler > Use no spaces and this gives a spoiler button < / Spoiler >

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Gillian (new) - added it

Gillian Wood I enjoyed the first few chapters of this, watching the relationship develop was fun and what happened next, which we know from the blurb so it's not a spoiler was suitably heartbreaking. I'm a major fan of angst and I had high hopes for the book.

I've actually stopped reading, a few little things were annoying me but there was one major issue and I need to ask someone a favour.

(view spoiler)

When someone finishes the book can you PM me so I can ask you some specific questions and see if it is worth me going back to finish the book.

Thanks,
Gillian.

All-Things-Books [Whairigail] (all-things-books) I'm finished it Gillian if you wanna ask me some questions?x

message 4: by Gillian (new) - added it

Gillian Wood Thanks, PM sent

Shaunna McLaren (shaunnareads) I started this series a few months back. I gave up halfway through the first book, which I rarely do. I was very disappointed, since BD was so good. :(

Heather Williams (rucifey) | 11 comments The first time I read this book I enjoyed it. I remember it being really intense. I'm looking forward to reading it again.

Kristine | 6 comments Got over halfway through with this book then couldn't read anymore. I liked the music part of the story but that's about it.

Emily (eraney03) I couldn't put it down. Like a train wreck, I couldn't look away. I thought the author did an excellent job expressing and explaining the extreme emotions of love, lust, loss and heartbreak. My only complaint is that it felt rushed toward the end.

Renata (renata_vieira) | 25 comments Sooo I kind of have mixed feelings about this book... I was in love right away thought the first chapters. And actually the first part of the book was just amazing! Really, I was speechless and cried myself to sleep.
After the first part the book just lost it... And although I finished it I did n`t love the story. It was up to Ok.

message 10: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate | 34 comments I adored this story. Sometimes I'm in the mood for fluff, and sometimes I want to read something with a bit more grit. For me, the book read like two completely different stories-- and in a way, I was able to get the best of both-- fluff and grit-- in the same story.

I also tend to like an angsty soundtrack to be woven into the narrative. So thumbs up to the author for making music such a huge part of this novel.

I read this book a while back, and look forward to reading it again to participate in the chapter-by-chapter posts (although I remember being sort of emotionally wrecked by this story).

message 11: by J. (new) - rated it 3 stars

J. | 8 comments Glad to hear that I'm not the only one to not love this book. I really enjoyed part one of the story. Part two, however, was a little much for me. Colton's back story was a little too unbelievable for me...

(view spoiler)

Jessica Zelkovich | 120 comments Good gravy, I knew from the reviews that there was a death but didn't expect to be crying about it. Geez. Must have been the monthly timing. I had to stay up and get the funeral over. I don't even think I dreamed that night. I was emotionally exhausted. Love to death in such a short period! It was like reading New Moon and being depressed but thankfully this time I read through it a helluva lot faster.

message 13: by Joy (last edited Jun 28, 2013 01:36PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy | 17 comments I am a little confused though. How did Nell grow up with Kyle but not really know Colton? They meet for the first time at the funeral? It sounded like they were only 6 years apart.

Katelyn Broad (katelynb) I liked this book-I kind of expected more though. I feel like the last 15% especially was kind of strange. I liked the music in the story and would listen to whatever songs they mentioned so that was fun.
It's definitely a sad one...

message 15: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Roy (deannaroy) I would agree with the comments that this was actually two books. I thought the blurb was brilliant and the first half really delivered.

I think I'm like a crack addict who loved "Hopeless" so much as my first NA and am still trying to relive the experience.

Janiea (brownsugar4tim) | 1 comments I absolutely LOVED this book. I felt like it was so moving, touching, heart warming, heart breaking...just Wow. I do wish we got a prologue or something that went further into the lives of Nell and Colton, but it was still a grear book.