quotablebookquotes discussion

The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #3)
This topic is about The Wide Window
A Series of Unfortunate Events > The Wide Window: An Overview

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Colleen Earle (unphilosophize) What did you think?

Colleen Earle (unphilosophize) And so the reading of the third book in A Series of Unfortunate Events comes to a close. I'm very much looking forward to the Miserable Mill because, as I understand it, I may have a conversation partner!

I really enjoy The Wide Window. It teaches you that being afraid of things is alright within reason, but that you need to work through your fears. Also, it's just generally an awesome book.

What did everyone else like?

Kelly (ahousethatreads) Its kind of amazing if you think about it that these kids dont have more fears but they helped her work through one fear and then it kind of went all wrong on them. Well it did.

One thing thought provoking was the soups mentioned in this book that are chilled soups. Have you ever thought of such a thing? Have you ever investigated to see if there are actual recipes for these soups mentioned?

Colleen Earle (unphilosophize) Speaking as someone who is often too lazy to heat up left over soup, cold soup is pretty good. It would be interesting to see if any of the recipes are ligit though

Kelly (ahousethatreads) haha I actually found some on pinterest very interesting..