Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > add author info & find missing books

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 04, 2013 07:14PM) (new)

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

her photo is with my photos and this from the flap of a book dated 1972.

Amalie Sharfman is a native of Baltimore, where she attended the Park School and Goucher College. After her marriage to a government lawyer she moved to Washington, D.C., and continued a career in radio begun in Baltimore. She has taught nursery school at a day care center, and creative writing at Assumption College and Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts, and at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. The mother of a grown son, Mrs. Sharfman enjoys writing children's books, and says, "The experiences I have had as a result of writing them are among the happiest I have ever had- especially the letters I received from the children I had written them for."

Today I added her book (and author's page) http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18... but she has 2 more books that are not at my library nor here on goodreads. Can someone else find them? They are A Beagle Named Bertram and Mr. Peabody's Pesky Ducks.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 04, 2013 07:30PM) (new)

add author info from dust jacket
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

Kathleen N. Daly was born in London but spent her childhood on the island of Mauritius, in the Indian Ocean, and in France and Scotland. Ms. Daly has been a children's book editor in both England and America, and is the author of more than thirty books for children, many of them on plants and animals of the world. She now makes her home in New York City. (1977)

message 3: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments 1 - I'm not sure if we can use that image we need to have copyright justification and I'm not sure if a scan of her image from a book jacket will count. Hopefully someone will chime in on that. I did add he blurb from the flap and added the other two books from WorldCat, I could not find covers for them though.

2 - Done.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41036 comments Mod
Vicky wrote: "1 - I'm not sure if we can use that image we need to have copyright justification and I'm not sure if a scan of her image from a book jacket will count."

Nope. The issue is having permission of the image's copyright holder. (Photos of people are different than book covers, because fair use applies to the latter.)

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 04, 2013 08:20PM) (new)

okay thanks anyways. I deleted it.

message 6: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments rivka wrote: "Nope. The issue is having permission of the image's copyright holder. (Photos of people are different than book covers, because fair use applies to the latter.)"

That's what I thought. Thanks, Rivka!