Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

GoodReads How To... > Find Out What Everyone in Your Group Thought of That Book

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Nov 12, 2014 09:01AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments
Find Out What Everyone in Your Group Thought of That Book...

If the group has shelved the book, go under bookshelf link on our Home Page (upper right-hand corner).

On the next screen, click on "view activity"

It will take you to this next screen where you can see members ratings and reviews, if they posted any.

What if the book isn’t on a group’s shelf?

Yes, there is a way to do this, even if the book you’re looking for is NOT on the group’s bookshelf. (Some groups only allow the Mods to add a book, as indicated on Screen #2, orange circle.)

• Go to the group’s bookshelf (upper right-hand corner of the group’s Home Page, Screen #1).
Screen #1
• Type in the name of the book in the search box (red arrow, Screen #2).
Screen #2
• Click “view group reviews” (blue arrow, Screen #2). (You won’t get the option of an “add” button.)
Screen #3
• Review the reviews of your co-members.
Screen #4

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Reserved.

message 3: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Oh this is so handy! Wish I knew this sooner! Thanks LK!

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Sure, Gisela.

message 5: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I saw this earlier in VBTTR thread , I couldn't find that book on our bookshelves , if I search it it doesn't show the view activity anymore!

message 6: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments sorry I become stupid for a moment , saw it!

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **hee hee**

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Remember, ShoSho. You can always put the book on our shelf, then you would know.

message 9: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I know , I know ! I was just distracted and excited

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **chuckles**

message 11: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 512 comments Lisa Kay, you Rock! Has anyone told you that lately? Because you totally do.

message 12: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Yessss she does

message 13: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jyl22075) | 2336 comments This is such a cool feature! Thanks for the info, Lisa Kay. I don't know how you figure all this stuff out, but it's awesome!

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments LOL! It is very nice to be appreciated, ladies. Thank you.

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I think this is a nice little feature, because often people in your same group have similar taste in the subgenres.

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Added additional info on this, starting at "What if the book isn’t on a group’s shelf?"