Creative Reviews discussion

Returning Pride (The Pride #3)
This topic is about Returning Pride
Author Resources > goodreads ads??? Anyone ever do them? Do they work?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jill Sanders (jillmsanders) | 43 comments I've got a book release coming out on July 1st. I'm wondering if anyone has ever done goodreads ads and if they've had success with them.

If so, please let me know how much you posted your daily budget, click price, etc.

Thanks for the info in advance.

message 2: by Kerry Kerr (last edited Jun 04, 2013 06:16PM) (new)

Kerry Kerr (bkmcavoy) I just started to use them about three weeks ago. I kept the cost low with a budget of $50. Originally the daily cap was set to 50 cents, then $1, $5, and now $10. So far no clicks. However the ad is getting views and I am seeing slow, steady sales. I can't directly attribute it to the ad, but suspect it is definitely helping. Another author said he found the cost of the ad covered his sales, yet it increased his audience. I am pleased with the outcome. I think it definitely helps to concurrently be running a Goodreads giveaway (if you have a book in print to giveaway).

Congrats on the book release!

Jill Sanders (jillmsanders) | 43 comments Hi Kerry,

Thanks so much for your input. I've heard that from another author as well. Although she couldn't attribute her spike in sales to the ads, she was sure they were the cause.

Kerry wrote: "I just started to use them about three weeks ago. I kept the cost low with a budget of $50. Originally the daily cap was set to 50 cents, then $1, $5, and now $10. So far no clicks. However the add..."

message 4: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments I did one for cheap because I was a college student on a budget, I really didn't see much effect, not a big deal for me.

message 5: by Nikki (last edited Jun 04, 2013 11:15PM) (new)

Nikki Meyer | 10 comments Hi Kerry

I published Game for Anything in January, and spent a $50 on Goodreads ads, but didn't set a closing date - just let it run. It's still running now. I originally set the daily cap at $1 but have increased it to $2 now, and there are days when that cap is met. I do think it's been helpful - it took ages before I got my first click, but they're getting more frequent now. I also did a giveaway at the same time, and that definitely had an effect on the number of people marking my book as 'to read'. Probably the best thing I've done for my book though is getting reviews in magazines and newspapers.

Congratulations and good luck!