THE Group for Authors! discussion

Returning Pride (The Pride #3)
This topic is about Returning Pride
General Discussion > goodreads ads??? Anyone ever do them? Do they work?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jill Sanders (jillmsanders) | 88 comments I've got a book release coming out on July 1st. I'm wondering if anyone has ever done goodreads ads and if they've had success with them.

If so, please let me know how much you posted your daily budget, click price, etc.

Thanks for the info in advance.

message 2: by Edward (new)

Edward Wolfe (edwardmwolfe) I got about 5000 impressions and 2 clicks. Maybe I did something wrong, but I followed the recommendations, and it didn't work for me.

You also have to ask yourself - how often do *you* click on ads.

I rarely do.

Jill Sanders (jillmsanders) | 88 comments Thanks Edward for the info. I've been wondering about it...

Edward wrote: "I got about 5000 impressions and 2 clicks. Maybe I did something wrong, but I followed the recommendations, and it didn't work for me.

You also have to ask yourself - how often do *you* click on a..."

message 4: by Carmen (new)

Carmen Amato (authorcarmenamato) | 73 comments I have had an ad running for about 2 months and it has yielded about a dozen books that people have added to their To Read lists. I don't think it has been cost effective. Running a giveaway was much more effective in getting my book on someone's reading list. Facebook ads, and Blogads has been a better use of my advertising budget.

message 5: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalivingstone) | 108 comments Hmmmm, I was wondering about these. Don't think I'll waste my money. My Facebook ad got me loads of page likes but not a single sale.

Jill Sanders (jillmsanders) | 88 comments Thanks Carmen & Loretta,

I've heard that about the FB adds. Likes don't always equal sales.