Paranormal and Horror Lovers discussion

Under the Dome
This topic is about Under the Dome
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
***CLOSED***Under the Dome by Stephen King (Discussion)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caedy , Psycho Bunny Bibliophile (last edited Jun 04, 2013 02:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caedy  Eries (karida) | 30 comments Mod
Please post your comments and thoughts on our Large Press Winner of the Month Under the Dome by Stephen King.

Feel free to share your impressions, your complaints, whatever as we go along! :-) But remember, please leave constructive criticism and not just blatant flames. If you don't like the story, it always helps to explain WHY rather than to just state that you hate it.

Have fun!

message 2: by Caedy , Psycho Bunny Bibliophile (new) - rated it 4 stars

Okay, so is anyone else looking forward to seeing what the mini-series is going to be like in relation to this book?

I'm already a little ways into it (having started it toward the end of last month). The mini-series according to what I'd found on IMDB is going to run through the month of July and into August. 13 episodes beginning June 24th...and running on Monday nights.

Stacey | 24 comments I need to re-read this one before the mini series!

message 4: by Caedy , Psycho Bunny Bibliophile (new) - rated it 4 stars

That's the main reason that I started it when I did. I'm working on it in between library books on my Kindle.

Stacey | 24 comments How far are you?

Melany (winddancing) | 2 comments I'm reading it again to prepare for the mini series. My neighbor is annoyed that I won't give him any details, and he's too lazy to actually read the book.

Stacey | 24 comments Your neighbor wants details, that's too funny! No Cliff Notes!

message 8: by Caedy , Psycho Bunny Bibliophile (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm about 45-50% haven't updated the status here but still reading it.

LOL No giving him details. He needs to read the book!

Melany (winddancing) | 2 comments I offered to let him borrow my copy, but so far he's refused. LOL

David Haynes | 58 comments I read this last year, but is this mini series a US thing? I think it will work really well shown like that but I suppose over here in the UK we won't get to see it for a long time.

message 11: by Caedy , Psycho Bunny Bibliophile (new) - rated it 4 stars

I think it is just a US thing David.

Stacey | 24 comments I'm just getting started again, but it's a page turner. Curious how this will do as a mini series! I'd like to see them re-do The Stand.

Chris (mbsnowman) I bet you the miniseries will end up on Netflix, David.

The first episode of the miniseries was pretty good - totally different look for the characters than I imagined. Thought "Big Jim" Rennie would be more like J.T. Walsh in "Pleasantville" than Dean Norris from Breaking Bad - but so far, so good. "Junior" is already coming off as a believable psycho, and "Barbie" is pretty bad-ass.

message 14: by Michelle (last edited Jun 28, 2013 08:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle Stuart (michelle_c_s) | 7 comments Chris wrote: "I bet you the miniseries will end up on Netflix, David.

The first episode of the miniseries was pretty good - totally different look for the characters than I imagined. Thought "Big Jim" Rennie wo..."

Not a fan of their Barbie. I thought he seemed like he was supposed to be older, smarter, not to mention he had been living in the town for awhile and they all knew him..although the actor they chose is pretty hot :) I like Junior too though, totally feel the psycho vibe from him. I'm about halfway through the book now, so it was definitely a mistake to start watching the show haha I just wish for once they wouldn't change everything when making a book into a show/movie.

As for the book I'm surprised what a page turner it is! It seems like barely anything is happening and yet I can't wait to keep reading it! :)

Chris (mbsnowman) I read UtD last year, so I'm joining the "readalong" discussion because I really want to know what other people think of it as they go. I'm going to be a little cryptic, though- as I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Under the Dome (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stephen King (other topics)