Summer Reading and 100 Book Challenge Group 2013 discussion

100 Book Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chesterfield (new)

Chesterfield County | 3 comments Mod
Share here your progress and some of the books you are reading as you work your way through 100 books in 2013! Which book could you not put down? Which book left you waiting for more? Anything boring?

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane (thewitch) | 4 comments I've read 23 books but I am way behind according to
the goodreads count. I really can't recommend Carolina Girls by Steve Brown. I made myself finish
it. He gets started with a good plot and then just leaves it hanging there and moves on to something else. Still working on Ciderhouse rules. It's a slow read so I keep putting it down and coming back to it. Now I need to go pick through the 50 or so books stacked in my office to find another one to start. Trying not to allow myself to buy anything else until I make a dent in this pile. Amazon does not make that easy for me however. They keep tempting me.

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane (thewitch) | 4 comments Up to 32 books. At this rate, I am not going to make it but, I refuse to give up. Just finished Folly Beach. Hated to have to put it down to go do house work.

message 4: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (morganlee) | 1 comments I'm still working at the challenge but have brought my husband in on the challenge in hope that we can work together.
I'd also like to recommend Ladies Night by Mary Kay Andrews, but I can't. If you like her you'll read it, like me, but it's my least favorite. Too middle-age-divorce reality for me. When I read sleazy, I'd rather not be faced with as much reality.