Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) Hush, Hush discussion

should I read it??

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dakotah (new)

Dakotah Help!!

Gabby I didn't like it, but it really just depends on what yu like.

Sonali Sharma if you like fantasy, thrilling love stories with strong character !!! then its good match for you !!

Erica yes, if you like dangerous, love stories :) <3! I liked very much :3

Abigail i loved it but only read if you like mystery and romance

Jenn Harris (Reader of Things) Only read it if you can deal with a stereotypical slutty best friend, a stereotypical bad-boy love interest, and an infuriating protagonist. If you can deal with that and like paranormal romance about fallen angels then i think you should read it.

Samantha The Escapist Dakotah you need to give people something to go on. Lots of people love this book and lots of people hate it, how are we going to know which you'll be?

message 8: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Dakotah , the book is simple amazing . At the beginning it wasn't much that i personally thought
worth reading , & yet as i went from page to page , i fell in love with it little by little . I loved the
structure & the wording she used to just show how nora felt , to show the actions of the character . The way that patch , (so called this in the first book up until the third ) tries to catch nora , & the way that he is always there to help her with her nightmares & problems with her surrenders . All i can say honestly is just give it a try . The book came to my hands and i kept forcing my
self a bit more until i was just unable to detach from the book . Read the first book , & i promise you
that if you loved it then you will love the rest of the series .

message 9: by Inge (new) - rated it 1 star

Inge Saunders Okay I`m also going to weigh in here even though I tried not to ( kicking & screaming!)...honestly Dakotah I expected more from this book than what it was able to give. I expected a strong protagonist. I expected a less predictable story, or even if it`s predictable than make me think it`s not. I bought the book, with it`s alluring title and just ended up thinking, 'this might as well have been kept Hushed Hushed.' I read it for my then, two man book club expecting fireworks. I ended up with a dud...now all of that said, I`ve been at this supernatural/paranormal genre since age thirteen, I`m in my late twenties now, so when I pick up a book like this I`m viewing it through that filter. My cousin whose nine years younger enjoyed it, mind you she started seriously reading three years ago with books I would give her...so this is my opinion, when you don`t have anything to compare it with...than yes, you`ll like Nora & Patch...but when you do...oh boy...you`ll want to chuck the book out but you paid for it, so you might end up just giving it away...Sorry (biting lip)...just read it yourself and form an -informed opinion, if nothing else.

Jakob No. No. No. No. No. No. No. You. Should. Not. Read. It.
This sounds incredibly harsh and mean, and I come off as a stupid little angry idiot hiding behind my computer screen, but it is not good. It is simple just not good. Some of it might be because I read a translated book (from Enlgish to Danish), which wasn't very good either. But man, it is not a good book. Stereotypical, kinda boring, nothing new, unoriginal, I think you get the idea. Anyway, if you don't mind those things, and you're just looking for a short read that you know what is, then I guess you could go ahead. I don't know, I wouldn't recommend it anyway, but I guess that's just me.

message 11: by Lara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lara Of course you should read it. It's one of my favorite novels, but read only the first book.

Christy I LOVED it! Hush Hush was the best book I have read it a couple of times.

message 13: by Inge (new) - rated it 1 star

Inge Saunders Jakob wrote: "No. No. No. No. No. No. No. You. Should. Not. Read. It.
This sounds incredibly harsh and mean, and I come off as a stupid little angry idiot hiding behind my computer screen, but it is not good. It..."

lol...I read the English version and still had a problem with it, so I don`t think the story got 'lost in translation'...but to each his own, I`m not going to knock it because I know there are people who enjoyed and who`s still enjoying it!;-)

message 14: by Mare (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mare I think that a book always deserves to be read but not be finished if you don't like it. Every book deserves a try for our a part. Personally I love this book, not so much the last one, but I love how becca builds a mystery in the book, that always keep you interested, well at least me keep me entertained watching and guessing every detail to get to the true :D

message 15: by Bree (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bree I would say try it. This was one of the first YA paranormal (romance) novels I'd ever read and I got it for $2 (before then I used to pass it by and think Hush, Hush? wtf kinda title is that?).

When I finally read it I could not put it down, fell in love with Patch (hated Nora and Vee though) and continued the series. A lot of ppl compare it to Twilight but I don't agree with that statement.

Thing is, you never know until you try it because ppl love/hate it for different (sometimes similar) reasons. What works for you might not work for others, and vice versa

Happy Reading!

Keiley Time to play 'unpopular opinions' again.

No, you shouldn't read it. This book is...well, I'm not sure there are words to describe this book. Because it is just so very terrible.

It isn't enthralling or romantic and there definitely isn't anything lovable about Patch Cipriano. He gives me the creeps, like literally creeps me out. And I spend a good portion of my time watching very disturbing movies and docos. But Patch? Yeah no. Stalker. Rape Culture ahoy.

Really though, the rape culture thing? The whole book is drowning in it.

And for some reason EVERYONE seems to think that because Patch is hot, he can do no wrong. Not to mention Nora is a boring paper person with so little personality it hurts.

In conclusion: please learn from the mistakes of my life as a tween and do not read this book. Save yourself the pain.

message 17: by Jakob (last edited Jun 11, 2013 11:57AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jakob Inge wrote: "Jakob wrote: "No. No. No. No. No. No. No. You. Should. Not. Read. It.
This sounds incredibly harsh and mean, and I come off as a stupid little angry idiot hiding behind my computer screen, but it i..."

I think you're right. But the translation I read didn't contribute with anything good, that's for sure! ;) Yes, again you're right, there are some people enjoying it, and that's very good, people are totally entitled to their own opinion about the books, I'm glad if some people will enjoy this, people reading in general makes me happy! It's very nice :) Okay not sure why I wrote this to you as a reply.. anyway, I appreciate your reply, thank you for that :)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought it was an amazing book... But i don't know what kind of books you like so you might not like it...

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I love this book and the other books in the series.
It had me up all night just wondering what was happening next, I found it to put down.

I reackon anyone who hasn't read should read it, it's an amazing book..

message 20: by Inge (new) - rated it 1 star

Inge Saunders Jakob wrote: "Inge wrote: "Jakob wrote: "No. No. No. No. No. No. No. You. Should. Not. Read. It.
This sounds incredibly harsh and mean, and I come off as a stupid little angry idiot hiding behind my computer scr..."

*grin* Don't know why I'm writing this back either...oh yeah too much coffee!*laugh*...I love people reading too!:-)

Sarah I really liked the book..... and the discusion between Inge and Jakob is really confusing me... :) lol, watever

Jakob Inge wrote: "Jakob wrote: "Inge wrote: "Jakob wrote: "No. No. No. No. No. No. No. You. Should. Not. Read. It.
This sounds incredibly harsh and mean, and I come off as a stupid little angry idiot hiding behind m..."

Oooh, coffee can do make you do some weird things :D kinda like alcohol lol

Jakob Sarah wrote: "I really liked the book..... and the discusion between Inge and Jakob is really confusing me... :) lol, watever"

I know what you mean, it is also indeed kinda random lol. I just hope we haven't sort of ruined the discussion.. which I think we have, sorry about that :/ Anyway, did you enjoy the book?