Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

The Evil and the Fear
This topic is about The Evil and the Fear
Read 4 Review #46 - The Evil and the Fear (Closed)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Marni (last edited Jun 26, 2013 05:24AM) (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments The group has been approached by author Gary Bonn for a Read 4 Review of his book The Evil and the Fear by Gary Bonn The Evil and the Fear.

An ancient magic released. A world of pain and fear hurtling towards catastrophe. A collision that will bring death and destruction to mankind. Only two young women stand between the fury of the magic and the apathy of the world. Unfortunately one of them is dead and the other one is psychotic. While her dead friend holds the fury of the magic at bay, Beatha must journey into the half-world to discover the secret at the heart of all things... But a journey like this requires allies and, in Beatha’s case, a truck-load of medication. Is the world ready for heroes like these? The Evil And The Fear is a wildly inspirational story about being more than people expect, and learning to expect more than you ever believed was possible.

The author will be giving out 25 of copies in epub, mobi and PDF. To request, please post your email address. It is your responsibility to check for the book and download it. It is also your responsibility to contact me immediately if you do not receive the book or have a problem. In exchange for the free book, the author requests an honest review of their book not just on Goodreads, but also on Amazon USA, UK, and any of your blogs or reviewing sites. Once you are finished with your review and have posted it on Goodreads, you are REQUIRED to post your Goodreads link to it on this thread.

Even though this book is being gifted to you please do not share it with anyone. It is unethical, disrespectful and illegal to share books provided to you for reviews.

Further Info from the group, not the author: If you do not complete the e-book within the time given, and you do not post your link on this thread or I do not hear from you stating that you intend to finish and review the book, you will not be allowed to participate in future Read 4 Review events. This is to prevent people from getting complimentary books over and over without fulfilling their obligation.

Do not message me nor the author requesting the book. All info is to be posted here. This for the ease of the author and the mods and fairness to all. If you do not wish to share your email publicly, please do not request.

If there are any other authors looking to do this with our group, please message me. You MUST be willing to provide copies, free of charge, to the reviewers.

REVIEWERS: PLEASE read the topic titled "Reviewers." All the rules are listed under there. We will not allow any excuses of "I didn't know" because the rules are listed and if you have any questions you can always message me. http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Links to find the book for posting reviews:

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/Evil-Fear-ebook...

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Evil-Fear-ebo...

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-e...

Deadline for review is 11:59pm EST on 6/25/13 (June 25th).

Reviewers:

1. Nikki: nikki_kegg@hotmail.com PDF COMPLETED
2. Elise: eliseloring151@hotmail.com mobi. DID NOT COMPLETE
3. My Book Addiction: Kweenconch@gmail.com mobi. COMPLETED
4. Melanie: Melanie.hays23@gmail.com. mobi. COMPLETED
5. Shelby: Shleb3@gmail.com mobi COMPLETED
6. Sunshine: phrogs4ever2002@yahoo.com mobi COMPLETED
7. Maria: chriskomninos@bigpond.com epub. COMPLETED
8. Jason: scriptor.capitonis@gmail.com mobi. COMPLETED
9. Brenda: yeshellothisisme@gmail.com epub COMPLETED

message 2: by Gary (new)

Gary Bonn | 34 comments Hello people! I've just received files from the publisher - looking forward to this :)

Thanks to you all in advance

Gary

Nikki (nikkegg) I'd like to read it
PDF please
nikki_kegg@hotmail.com

Edee Fallon (edeemfallon) | 36 comments Sign me up please

Kweenconch@gmail.com

message 5: by Elise (last edited Jun 04, 2013 04:54PM) (new) - added it

Elise (redentrapy) Wow. Sounds different. I'm interested eliseloring151@hotmail.com .mobi format please

message 6: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments My Book Addiction wrote: "Sign me up please

Kweenconch@gmail.com"

Format?

Edee Fallon (edeemfallon) | 36 comments Sorry! Mobi please!

Melanie Hays (melaniehays) This sounds interesting and I think the time frame can definitely work. I'm in!
Melanie.hays23 at gmail mobi

message 9: by Gary (new)

Gary Bonn | 34 comments On its way, Nikki, Kween, Elise and Melanie - do tell me if you don't receive it.

message 10: by Shelby (last edited Jun 04, 2013 10:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shelby (stang_lee) | 23 comments I would love to read it as well if possible. Shleb3@gmail.com. Mobi would be wonderful. Thank you. :)

-Shelby

message 11: by Gary (new)

Gary Bonn | 34 comments Shelby wrote: "I would love to read it as well if possible. Shleb3@gmail.com. Mobi would be wonderful. Thank you. :)

-Shelby"

On its way :)

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Butenhof (seestephsay) | 1 comments This sounds fascinating!
A copy for me, please, to divinedevotion@rocketmail.com
Thanks! :)

message 13: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Stephanie wrote: "This sounds fascinating!
A copy for me, please, to divinedevotion@rocketmail.com
Thanks! :)"

Stephanie...format?

Maria me too if any are left
chriskomninos@bigpond.com

message 15: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Maria wrote: "me too if any are left
chriskomninos@bigpond.com"

Maria...your review for Relocated is due tomorrow. Once you've met the deadline please let me know which format of this book you need.

Sunshine | 11 comments I would love a chance to review this story! Mobi for Kindle please!

phrogs4ever2002@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Shelby (stang_lee) | 23 comments http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/.... Hope I'm posting the right link. Never tried to link to a review before.

message 18: by Gaily (new)

Gaily (tol_12) | 1 comments I want to participate in reviewing this too
abbygail_ca@yahoo.com.. I'd love to read a copy, too.

message 19: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Gaily wrote: "I want to participate in reviewing this too
abbygail_ca@yahoo.com.. I'd love to read a copy, too."

Format?

message 20: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments I'm waiting on format information from: Stephanie and Gaily.

Reviewers and potential reviewers: Please read through the entire main subject. It provides tons of info.

message 22: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Quick and awesome reviews! Good job reviewers! Both of you have made me want to read this.

Maria Just finishing writing the review for Relocated right now Marnie.
ePub

message 24: by Marni (last edited Jun 06, 2013 09:09AM) (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Maria wrote: "Just finishing writing the review for Relocated right now Marnie.
ePub"

Just marked you completed. Thanks and adding you to this list now!

Jason Graves (cleverfoilhat) | 102 comments Mobi (all apologies to Herman Melville) please.

scriptor.capitonis@gmail.com

Brenda (brendareads) | 151 comments It sounds interesting, especially since it seems from the reviews that she's actually psychotic and that wasn't just a snarky comment. :)

ePub
yeshellothisisme@gmail.com

Brenda (brendareads) | 151 comments http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Awesome. Awesome awesome awesome. So good. No offense but the blurb does NOT do it justice. Will be posting to the usual websites.

message 28: by Marla (new)

Marla | 298 comments I would like to review this, but it's been a busy summer and I am getting ready to leave on vacation, so I cannot make the deadline, but if you could give me until July 15th, I could do it. Just depending on if the author would like to have another reviewer.

thewashingtonpit@yahoo.com in epub

message 29: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Marla wrote: "I would like to review this, but it's been a busy summer and I am getting ready to leave on vacation, so I cannot make the deadline, but if you could give me until July 15th, I could do it. Just de..."

Maybe another time.

message 30: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Deadline for review is 11:59pm EST on 6/25/13 (June 25th).

There should be more reviews being posted.

Brenda (brendareads) | 151 comments Marni mine doesn't say completed. :)

message 32: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Now it does :) Sorry about that!

message 33: by Elise (new) - added it

Elise (redentrapy) I unfortunately have to forfeit this one. I can not and will not have the book done for at least a month or more. I realize that due to this I will most likely be removed from the opportunity to ever do a Read 4 Review again. I apologize to the author and thank you for the opportunity.

message 34: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Deadline for review is 11:59pm EST on 6/25/13 (June 25th).

Out of 9 reviewers, 6 still need to post their review.

Melanie Hays (melaniehays) I'm being totally honest: I forgot to read it. That said--I will 100% have it read and reviewed by tomorrow night! I was really excited for this one, so I'm not sure how it slipped past me!!

message 36: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Melanie wrote: "I'm being totally honest: I forgot to read it. That said--I will 100% have it read and reviewed by tomorrow night! I was really excited for this one, so I'm not sure how it slipped past me!!"

It happens to all of us. :)

Melanie Hays (melaniehays) IF I don't get it in today then know that it will most definitely be in tomorrow!

Sunshine | 11 comments Here it is! Sorry about the delay! Thank you for the opportunity! Great book!

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Sunshine | 11 comments p.s. I posted a review on Amazon too.

Melanie Hays (melaniehays) *made it*

Such a good concept! I'm on my phone and can't get the link to post, but it is there if I forget to do it when I get home later tonight :)

Thanks for providing this one!!

message 41: by Marni (last edited Jun 25, 2013 06:59PM) (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Melanie wrote: "*made it*

Such a good concept! I'm on my phone and can't get the link to post, but it is there if I forget to do it when I get home later tonight :)

Thanks for providing this one!!"

Doesn't count until link is posted. A requirement for all participating.

message 42: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments 2 hours left to post your reviews!!!

message 43: by Edee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Edee Fallon (edeemfallon) | 36 comments Ill be done in half an hour!

message 44: by Edee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Edee Fallon (edeemfallon) | 36 comments Done! Thank you again for these opportunities. I hate to say it but I will be absent from the R4Rs until I finish writing my book.

Maria Here is my review

thankyou for letting me read :)

message 46: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments My Book Addiction wrote: "Done! Thank you again for these opportunities. I hate to say it but I will be absent from the R4Rs until I finish writing my book.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/..."

When you are ready for your own R4R let me know! :). Best wishes!

message 47: by Edee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Edee Fallon (edeemfallon) | 36 comments Thanks Marni! It's not a YA novel though. Does that matter? I'd LOVE to share it with you. I love this group because of all the amazing things you do. I can't imagine how time consuming it is for all of you.

message 48: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments My Book Addiction wrote: "Thanks Marni! It's not a YA novel though. Does that matter? I'd LOVE to share it with you. I love this group because of all the amazing things you do. I can't imagine how time consuming it is for a..."

So far we have gone pretty much from middle grade, YA, NA and touched on adult. I think we're all pretty open to genres. There has definetly been a shift in the group as a whole.

message 49: by Edee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Edee Fallon (edeemfallon) | 36 comments Well as soon as it is complete I will share it with you and the group for an R4R. It's over halfway done and I expect to finish it within the next few weeks. I'd love for YOU to read it. I'll keep you posted. Thank you so much!

message 50: by Marni (new) - added it

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments My Book Addiction wrote: "Well as soon as it is complete I will share it with you and the group for an R4R. It's over halfway done and I expect to finish it within the next few weeks. I'd love for YOU to read it. I'll keep ..."

Wow! Thanks for the compliment! Look forward to hearing more about it.

« previous 1

Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Evil and the Fear (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Gary Bonn (other topics)