International Girls YA Book Club discussion

Love Curse
This topic is about Love Curse
Book of the month > BOTM June 2013

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dvora , aka Jacie (female version of Jace) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dvora  (igyabc) | 798 comments Mod
This month we will be reading Love Curse by Nadia Kim! I am currently reading this book and really enjoying it! If you like books about witches, this is a must read for you!

Blurb from Amazon;
Lies, betrayal, magic, death, love, sex
Visit this link for the book trailer. http://youtu.be/806STb6O2Xc

These are themes that make up Love curse. Journey through the lives of three generations of witches who try as they might to find love and have relationships always have it ripped from their grips.

Sidney is a teenager like most, she wants a boyfriend, friends and to have fun. But unlike most, she has an invisible black cloud looming over her head. Sidney falls in love and finds herself broken and wounded when it doesn't work out. Over and over she keeps trying to make it work. She is struggling in school to keep her grades up as a result and home life isn't much better from the contant fighting her parents do. As Sidney falls deeper into a depression, weird things start to happen to her. Magical things. What she doesn't know is her mother is keeping secrets from her. Family secrets that if exposed may rock her to the core.

Joan Barnes is a witch. Magic is her first love. but when she meets someone she struggles with what she wants more. She'll find herself on a journey of self-discovery that will alter the course of her future.

Love Curse book 1 is about three women bound by a curse. All wanting the one thing they can never have. Join the Barnes women as they struggle through life, not knowing why they all continue to have failed relationships.

Nadia put the book up for .99 for the next two weeks just for our BOTM club! Click here to get it at this price before it goes up! http://www.amazon.com/Love-Curse-eboo...

To purchase it in paperback, click here: http://www.amazon.com/Love-Curse-Nadi...

Rann (thickpages) | 1 comments oh yeah! Nice one! I got a copy of this for a review :))

message 3: by Katarina (new)

Katarina | 71 comments Can we do Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson for the next botm? I really want to read it, and I saw that you do books of the month.

message 4: by Dvora , aka Jacie (female version of Jace) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katarina wrote: "Can we do Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson for the next botm? I really want to read it, and I saw that you do books of the month."

The BOTM that we do are set up with authors that I feature in this group.

message 5: by Katarina (new)

Katarina | 71 comments Ohh..... *facepalm * I had a blonde moment ... no offense to blondes.. I meant it like ugh... I hope you know what I mean.

message 6: by Dvora , aka Jacie (female version of Jace) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katarina wrote: "Ohh..... *facepalm * I had a blonde moment ... no offense to blondes.. I meant it like ugh... I hope you know what I mean."

LOLOLOL it's ok. We all have blonde moments. No offense to blondes. LOL

message 7: by Katarina (new)

Katarina | 71 comments Finally, some one who.. * pause* understands( she says slowly)
Lol... jk...
I was thinking can we do a writing contest.. because I have a topic that I think people would be interested in..