Get reviewed discussion

Qualified reviews- where it counts!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nora (last edited Apr 09, 2014 10:41AM) (new)

Nora Black (nora_black) | 16 comments Mod
We are accepting self-published works for review. We are honest, avid readers. Reviews will only be posted if we like the book. ---Where? Amazon(if you provide free copy). Our website. Goodreads, and Amazon's reader website. You may request blog postings.

message 2: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Harger (ellenharger) | 1 comments I'm intrigued. And thanks for answering the glaring quesiton - does the fee mean it's a paid for review. GAH!

Do you have reviews in the pipeline or are you just getting started?
Thanks,
Ellen

message 3: by Nora (last edited Apr 09, 2014 10:42AM) (new)

We do have books for review in the pipeline.

message 4: by M.J. (last edited Jun 04, 2013 04:21AM) (new)

M.J. Webb (mjwebb) Are books tailored to reviewers or do they volunteer to read certain genres/novels?

I have found that where I solicit a review, the feedback has sometimes been far less positive than that received from those reviewers who have read my works voluntarily. There is a definite pattern. I can only attribute this to the fact that they were not motivated enough to read my books or did not particularly enjoy the genre/allow for the intended target audience (my novels were penned for anyone from twelve and above and therefore the language and plots reflect this).
I suppose what I'm trying to get at is I would like to know that I am approaching someone who is looking forward to reading my books? How do you assign works to reviewers?

message 5: by Nora (last edited Apr 09, 2014 10:43AM) (new)

We have a pool of 29 reviewers. Books are offered (with the blurb). Once selected the author is informed and sends the book to the reviewer. If the response is not positive the author is informed. (No posting of ratings less than three) this is meant to be a positive tool for authors. We will not post rave reviews unless the book deserves it. In the case of negative responses, the author will have the benefit of a second reviewer being selected to rate the book

message 6: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Webb (mjwebb) Thank you. That sounds very fair.