Lovers of Paranormal discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Previous Challenges threads > Pick Five June Challenge

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments Here it is!!! Your challenge for the month of June should you choose to accept is....read 5 books, each with dfferent paranormal creatures/elements.

One with vamps, one wth weres, one with faeries, one with ghosts, one with witches, etc, etc.

Join challenge here:
http://www.goodreads.com/challenges/1...

Be sure to read the rules.

For the super readers, please note...if you read 10 books, you can double up on the type of paranormal being...but you can't triple up....be sure to understand that to qualify for multiple chances to win, each set of 5 books read must be different paranormal creatures/beings.

Discuss and ask questions here if anyone is confused.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) Okay...
So if I were to double it up would I have to pick 10 different paranormal creatures or would I start over and be able to chose the same ones again?

message 3: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (BrittneyM) | 3 comments Im new to these challenges... so.... What is going on? I get the 5 different paranormal creatures but nothing else

message 4: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments Jessica - you could pick the same ones again

Brittney - Our monthly challenges work like this: You must read 5 books to qualify for a prize. Winners are chosen at random. If you are able to read more than 5 books, they must still be in increments of 5 to double or triple your chances. So, if you read 10 books: you have 2 chances to win...15 books, 3 chances...etc.

Go to the challenge link I've provided above and join the challenge by picking a goal # of books to read and a shelf name (just naming it the name of the challenge is the best way to go, but it's up to you).

When you read the books, add them to that shelf you created and that's how Goodreads will track what you've read for the challenge and I will check to make sure that all requirements were met. If you have a private profile you may receive a friend request from me. Any denied requests will mean immediate disqualification. It's not that I'm calling you specifically a liar, but to be fair, I have to see what you are reading for the challenge. If I can't, then it's a no go.

I hope that clears things up for you...we've been doing this for so long that I tend to leave things out!! My apologies!!! And welcome to our challenges!!!! :)

message 5: by Theresea (new)

Theresea Wasson | 32 comments Question. Just signed up for this. One of my books currently reading is actually a bundle of 6 books. Only 1 of the books fits into what I believe would be a paranormal creature (alien love story anyone?). Would this count towards one of my books or not? Need clarification before I get too far into this.

message 6: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (blackrose388) Can we count books from the same series if that series has a whole bunch of different paranormal creatures? For example read book one and count it as vampire and then read book two and count it as werewolf because both types of paranormal creatures are contained in that series and therefore all the books from that series.

message 7: by Theresea (new)

Theresea Wasson | 32 comments Never got an answer to my original question, but I'm continuing to read the original book I had questions about. It has 2 different types of paranormal so far, so hopefully more of the books in that particular pack have more as well. Another question though. How do we handle books that have multiple types of paranormal? A couple of the books I have on my currently reading are multiple types of paranormal involved in just 1 book. Do all the types count as just 1 type of paranormal, or could they count for all the various paranormal? IE, I am reading 1 with wizards, elves, dwarves. Another book contains fae, another one was guardian angels and demons, yet another was aliens. So in other words, I have no idea how this is going to be graded. Need answers. Confused.

message 8: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments The book i'm reading now (Fire) Has people who have the power of water, Fire, Air and earth...would that count for the challenge (Sorry to be bugging you :)

message 9: by Daria (last edited Jun 19, 2013 10:28PM) (new)

Daria (dariabriand) | 34 comments my june 5 is done yay me!!

my fae Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1) by Amelia Hutchins

my Weres Sanibel Seduction (Fanged Ménage #4) by Talyn Scott

my Warlock Warlock's Pawn by Tara Quan

my Dragon Maiden Flight (Dragon Knights, #1) by Bianca D'Arc

my vampire Bad Mouth by Angela McCallister

my reviews: http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

message 10: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments AAANNNNNDDDDD The winner for this challenge is...
Congratulations Amanda!!
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/18...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.