Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > How to stop being a Goodreads Librarian?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) I'd imagine that you could email Support@Goodreads.com and ask for your librarian status to be removed.

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I emailed goodreads support and asked (and did get my librarian status revoked as requested). Took a couple of weeks but I'm sure they have been busy.

message 3: by Moloch (last edited Jun 03, 2013 08:06AM) (new)

Moloch | 2682 comments You could just... stop editing? Or you don't even want to be tempted? :-) But if in my library there was a book with wrong info and I couldn't fix it, that would drive me mad! :-)

message 4: by Rini (new)

Rini | 4 comments In that same vein, can Goodreads take away your librarian status if you don't make enough edits? It seems like whenever a new request gets posted in this group, someone else already takes care of it before I can look at it.

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) | 127 comments haha That happens to me as well! But that just shows how much they are on top of things! :-)

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41427 comments Mod
Rini wrote: "In that same vein, can Goodreads take away your librarian status if you don't make enough edits?"

Definitely not. We only take away librarian status for blatantly and repeatedly ignoring our policies. We appreciate our librarians who make hundreds of edits a day and we appreciate those who make a handful a month.

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Bagatin | 1 comments rivka wrote: "Rini wrote: "In that same vein, can Goodreads take away your librarian status if you don't make enough edits?"

Definitely not. We only take away librarian status for blatantly and repeatedly ignor..."

I'm sorry but this is not true: my status has been revoked for leaving my computer unattended, I have no idea of ​​which and how many books have been deleted or changed in detail, but there has been no "repetitiveness" in doing so. In your email send me this night, there was nothing specific: I am an author and I have used Goodreads for years. I immediately became librarian, I helped the site grow with my time and passion: I created profiles for authors, I found unobtainable covers and even editions, I worked in at least two different languages ​​to record otherwise forgotten books. I sent many copies of my book to your readers, not just one (even in this case I have adhered to your rules and advice), I use an institutional email: why should I compromise myself?
Despite all this, nobody warned me that improper actions were taking from my computer ( infact I still don’t know when this action was exactly take, even if I know who did it). You punished me immediately and without allowing me to defend myself, not even the time to understand what was happening: why?
This is not correct, also because I know Goodreads policies well and I have always respected them (the only mistake I make is not to keep the key or passwords my pc nor the internet connection, so now I know who has done what happened, and I'm sorry, but I can not prove it, the same way you blame me, while the only thing certain that you have is that the violation started from a specific computer but not by whom): I find It is deeply wrong not to give the benefit of the doubt to those who, like me, have always respected the rules. Are you never wrong? do you never happen accidents? I'm one that trusts. I could not know what would be done with my acount. It is absolutely unfair to remove a status without being sure that that person has violated the rules.
For this, and for the importance you give to your policy, I hope you will think again.
 Yours sincerely.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41427 comments Mod
If you have concerns about an email you received from our Support team, please reply to the email. Posting in this group is not the appropriate response.

Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.